Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space, Sims & City Builders forum got nuked.

Perkel

Arcane
Duck and cover !

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Strategy and Simulation
Real-time strategy, grand strategy, and 4X games. City builders and tycoon games. If it's about managing large-scale enterprises — whether nations, armies, cities, or corporations — talk about it here.

So... Where does the space sim games went?

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I was always a bit annoyed that city builders and eco sims got merged in one forum with air combat sims which have nothing in common except the name "simulation".

But this new way of categorizing things is a whole new level of retardedness. No Snorkack, it isn't.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
FFS Infinitron : THERE CANNOT BE TWO SKIES

Cease this nonsense at once, strategy and tactical must be as one lest we fall to the unceasing tide of the popamolists.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Obligatory:

St1CT3h.png

Perkel

Arcane
It is obvious that DU is racist toward sim games.
His dad often neglected him playing Hard Trucks.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
And now I see you even moved the blood bowl thread from its ancestral home into the MP gaming subforum?

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are Close Combat related threads in wrong sub-forum now?
Or the ones about Steel Panthers and similar games?
:philosoraptor:

Yeah I was just wondering that myself. Some of these realistic mil-sims might be hard to classify. On one hand, they don't have the high level abstractions and economy-based unit production of typical strategy games. But they can be also too large in scale to fit in comfortably with squad-based tactics games.

I'm open to advice here.

Perkel

Arcane
Join JRPG forum with RPG forum and watch explosions.

Or even better. Join Obsidian Forum with Bioware and Betsheda forum.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Are Close Combat related threads in wrong sub-forum now?
Or the ones about Steel Panthers and similar games?
:philosoraptor:

Yeah I was just wondering that myself. Some of these realistic mil-sims might be hard to classify. On one hand, they don't have the high level abstractions and economy-based unit production of typical strategy games. But they can be also too large in scale to fit in comfortably with squad-based tactics games.

I'm open to advice here.
Back to the old category obviously. You can debate tactics vs strategy for a hundred pages but tactic games has always been a part of the strategy genre. Then you can make new category to split the management sims from the vehicle sims.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I was always a bit annoyed that city builders and eco sims got merged in one forum with air combat sims which have nothing in common except the name "simulation".

But this new way of categorizing things is a whole new level of retardedness. No Snorkack, it isn't.

Ok, now I'm confused. I always assumed IHaveHugeNick was Snorkack and he just changed name. Is this not the case? Now I think, Nick always seemed a bit more abrasive and patronising than Snorkack, but I put it down to the effect of too much Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom