Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Beowulf

Arcane
I meant that alcohol has higher prices, than regular food items, which also can spoil quite quickly.

I robbed the place thoroughly, long before starting the quest. I robbed even the quest books, so I had to get out and bring that one back from the chest with my belongings.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I meant that alcohol has higher prices, than regular food items, which also can spoil quite quickly.
I became the man with many cheeses. Also helps. The guy has just 12 gr on him. A few cheeses and he is out of money.

Err, why can't you just buy the lockpicks from him?
That is - trade the food/potions/booze for it?
You mean barter without using money... I guess I could have done that but didn't have a large enough stash of food at the time I traded with him.

Parabalus

Arcane
There is one lockpick
behind the altar

Or you can just make more potions when you are ordered to and try to sell them to the guy dealing with lockpicks?

Other than that, you can wander around and rob lootable containers in the kitchen and the basement for alcohol, which he seems to value highly. You can even get on a sidequest while you're there.
Didn't know about the spoilered thingy.

I discovered what you mention about the potions, but the merchant only had 12 groschen on him, so I'll have to wait for him to restock in order to sell him more stuff.

I haven't noticed him valuing alcohol more highly than the price I see in my own inventory when I steal it, and even if he does, there is still the fact that his money is limited. I'm already on the sidequest, but it requires me to exit the monastery which I can't yet do.

You can break into the monastery beforehand and leave yourself a deaddrop with everything you might need, that's what I did.

You can also just go to the chest with your stuff (next to entrance), if you aren't spotted there are no repercussions. I had to that because a quest in Rattay sends you to get a forbidden book, nabbed both and one is for a inside-the- monastery quest.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
By the same logic I should ask what maner of autistry makes anyone use GOG Galaxy? Achievements? Time Played stats?

Working patching for one.

1. I am offered an option not to use Galaxy. The fact that this option is provided is enouh reason for any client to expect and require it to be functioning. I don't have to provide explanaiton to anyone why I choose to use any particular option that has been provided.

2. Because I didn't choose GoG over Steam just so I can use CDPR's crappy client instead of Valve's.

3. I don't want to run a process on my machine which brings me nothing of value, monitors what other processes are ran, and sends data about my machine's usage without my knowledge or approval.

Fuck Galaxy, and fuck spyware clients.

:backawayslowly:

Dux

Arcane
I haven't played this game yet but from what I've seen so far it looks like a sort of realistic and more volatile Oblivion-esque romp, with some charms and quirks of its own.

However, that guy you're portraying - is he supposed to be some kind of special needs person? That would be an interesting twist, I guess.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I sure fucked up - it turns out the guy selling lockpicks will not take as payment anything else but food. The money I got off from him on my first attempt are now worthless. I need to collect enough food items to gather a sum of 16 gr in order to buy at least one lockpick :D

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
There are also ways to just get the key to the whole place.

The Prior is usually the first one to arrive for morning prayer. You can do a non-lethal takedown on him and then strip him of everything, including his key. I time-skipped into the middle of prayer after that. No-one seemed to care that the Prior was leading service in his underwear.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
"Ulrich, wake up. I need your help."
"OK."

KingdomCome%202018-03-10%2022-59-49-29.jpg

:lol:

Paul_cz

Arcane
dude...seriously..not that I want to excuse their incompetence, but just use galaxy..it is a good clean client and for games that get updated often, it is convenient and time saving.
Galaxy is an utter turd in my experience, failing to update games and corrupting installations.

I used it for a short while when I was playing PoE. Each and every attempt to automatically patch the game ended with me having to manually uninstall, and then reinstall through Galaxy's "automated", read "completely opaque" process, which shows you neither how much it's downloading, nor how fast, nor even what percentage it has completed. All it showed me was a loading bar, because some idiot designer saw this on his iPhone and thought this was brilliant UI design.

Another game I used it for was Witcher 3, where it famously broke the installation of DLC if your game's language audio was not set to English. I had mute characters in HoS until I installed manually, because GOG wasn't installing the DLC and then the language pack in the right order.

Fuck Galaxy, and fuck spyware clients.

I only started using it couple months back, but had none of those issues. It works perfectly fine on my end, maybe they patched it to a good state.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I should learn to control my urge to play new games, because again and again it turns out I'm playing the inferior version at launch.

:negative:

In two 1 to 2 years time the AI and the quest bugs will be patched out, you will have a dog companion and you can take part in tournaments.

Haha, be grateful for the rampant support we have now. The lack thereof means one person will suffer PTSD and uncontrollably patch Vampire the Masquerade for 10 years :lol:

AwesomeButton

Patron
There are also ways to just get the key to the whole place.

The Prior is usually the first one to arrive for morning prayer. You can do a non-lethal takedown on him and then strip him of everything, including his key. I time-skipped into the middle of prayer after that. No-one seemed to care that the Prior was leading service in his underwear.
Yeah, that's what I did in the end. It seemed kind of out of character, but I was getting tired of the monastery schedule.

I only started using it couple months back, but had none of those issues. It works perfectly fine on my end, maybe they patched it to a good state.
I guess it's in a better state now than it was two years ago, but I'd still avoid it.

"Ulrich, wake up. I need your help."
"OK."
:lol:
Kingdom Come: Laundry Day
So now he also sleeps in the night? In my experience with 1.2.5 he was always awake, leaning on the tree.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
First of all, I am pretty sure the game is described as a role-playing game, right? As in, a kind of game where I choose how to develop my character, and challenges can be solved in a number of ways.

So if pickpoketing is a challenge, in what other ways you want the game to let you achieve the goal?
You can access their inventories by murdering them in their sleep of making them unconscious.

Or do you want leveling pickpoteing skill by having your dick sucked by old whenches?

Second of all, I can't simply "sell junk" to get money for lockpicks while in the monastery. There is only one merchant and he will only buy food items.
This is true only if you are still in the prologue so you are still in the tutorial phase.
If your goal is to unlock every fuckin chest in the game, well.... tough luck.
Those in the tutorial phase will haunt your dreams forever.

AwesomeButton

Patron
So if pickpoketing is a challenge, in what other ways you want the game to let you achieve the goal?
You can access their inventories by murdering them in their sleep of making them unconscious.

Or do you want leveling pickpoteing skill by having your dick sucked by old whenches?

This is true only if you are still in the prologue so you are still in the tutorial phase.

Are you retarded or something? I explained a couple of posts back that I'm locked up in the monastery with lockpicking and pickpocket skills I never developed in the period of game time before I entered the monastery. The gibberish you are writing doesn't make any sense.

Tigranes

Arcane
I loved it, but I'm not sure how to improve the execution - it wouldn't work so well without tightly restricting the player's movements.

One thing is they should really have larger windows of time for the "YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU SHOULD BE" crap.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I loved it, but I'm not sure how to improve the execution - it wouldn't work so well without tightly restricting the player's movements.

One thing is they should really have larger windows of time for the "YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU SHOULD BE" crap.
I'm not aware of all possible ways to reslove it, i.e. purely diplomatically, or possibly by breaking your cover altogether and presenting yourself as an envoy of Radzig, and just demanding that the guy in question be given up to you. Interesting how this would have went if it was possible, I doubt it is.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

Are you retarded or something? I explained a couple of posts back that I'm locked up in the monastery with lockpicking and pickpocket skills I never developed in the period of game time before I entered the monastery. The gibberish you are writing doesn't make any sense.

Am I supposed to read all your sorry ass posts you make on this thread, you moron?
You're locked up in the monastery. Good for you.
Now get the fuck out! :)

AwesomeButton

Patron
Am I supposed to read all your sorry ass posts you make on this thread, you moron?
You're locked up in the monastery. Good for you.
Now get the fuck out! :)
Certainly better for everyone if you read more and write less. Braindead retard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom