Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
did the patch brought some balance and nerfed player's progression?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Patch 1.3 for Kingdom Come: Deliverance has arrived, and while it's a bit later than many players had hoped, it brings changes and bug-fixes that will hopefully cure a number of the game's ills like the quest-breaking glitches that have stymied player progress.

Feature-wise, most notably there's now a save and exit option, meaning if you need to quit the game (and you haven't been using the unlimited saves mod) you can do it without having to trudge to a bed or glug a potion first. There are improvements to lockpicking, making it "much easier to hold the sweet spot while turning the lock" and players using a controller will now find it easier to unlock Very Easy and Easy locks—though when using a mouse, the difficulty has not been changed.

For those who felt the game got way too easy once Henry got a bit of experience under his belt, a few combat perks have been toned down, weapons don't scale as much with high-level stats, and tough enemies will be harder to one-hit kill (unless you pop them in the head and they're not wearing a helmet). A few chests containing "extremely good loot" that were a bit too easy to access at the beginning of the game have been removed as well, which should make things a bit more challenging.

How about those game-breaking quest bugs? There's no specific information available—the patch notes simply say "over 300 other fixes in various quests"—so we'll just have to see if players that have been experiencing problems have had their issues fixed when they start playing with the new patch.

Some quality of life changes are in the patch as well. Guards won't frisk you as often, your horse "shouldn't" get stuck while jumping fences, you can sleep in a bed without having to sit down first. There's some good news for alchemists, too: "Alchemy bench will no longer shoot you into the air."

Have a look at the full patch notes below:

• The game now has Save and Exit feature.
  • Saving is much more robust and saves won't get corrupted even if the game crashes while saving.
  • Alchemy bench will no longer shoot you into the air.
  • The last quest with Lord Capon is now visible on the map when he is ready to assign it to you.
  • Guards won't frisk you so often.
  • Your horse shouldn't get stuck when jumping fences.
  • Horse items are cleaned along with player items in bathhouses.
  • You can see when looking at a bed whether it will save your game.
  • You can sleep on beds without having to sit down first.
  • Levelling up stealth by sneaking past enemies is more consistent.
  • Sneaking past sleeping NPCs is now easier.
  • Some easily accessible trunks with extremely good loot have been removed.
  • Cave mushrooms can now be found in many other damp places.
  • You can no longer autocook potions that you haven't brewed by hand at least once before.
  • German voiceovers will no longer cut off in mid-sentence in cutscenes.
  • (PC only) It is now possible to select different types of anti-aliasing.
  • (PC only) It is now possible to set VSync to 30 or 60, or disable it completely.
  • (PC only) Steam Cloud saving enabled.
  • And over 300 other fixes in various quests.
Performance improved:

• LoD switching tweaked, reducing pop-in and improving texture streaming.
  • Stuttering in some areas reduced.
  • Slightly smoother framerate on Vsync 30. (Consoles and some PCs)
Improved lockpicking:

• New interface design makes it much easier to hold the sweet spot while turning the lock.
  • Easy and Very Easy trunks are now easier to lockpick when playing with controller. (Mouse difficulty unchanged)
Improved pickpocketing:

• You will no longer get caught if you stop at the beginning of the minigame. (Unless someone sees you)
  • The risk indicator is now much more precise. When green, you are sure not to get caught.
Late game player strength tweaked:

• Some combat perks that were unintentionally overpowered were tuned down.Weapons scale less with high-level stats.
  • It should now be much harder to kill high-level enemies with one hit. (Unless they're helmetless. Stupid Runt...)
Other combat system tweaks:

• "Untargeted attack" exploit fixed.
  • Enemy combat archery AI improved.
  • Guards now react to combat more aggressively.
  • And many other minor tweaks.

Still stuttering like mad in Rattay after last patch. I guess it's safe to uninstall and wait until I get new CPU/Mobo/RAM.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Multidirectional use BES -2% 30 milliseconds and set your CPU affinity in your user.cfg. If you have a 4 thread CPU, try these settings:

Code:
sys_main_CPU = 1
sys_physics_CPU = 0
sys_streaming_CPU = 3

If you have an 8 threaded cpu, add 2 to the above values.

kalganoat

Savant
You can still get stuck behind doors. I'm able to reproduce this bug in the first side quest (get ring for miller)

also tfw RX580 runs this game better than GTX 1070

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
quests are still bugged for me.. specifically the money for the quarry people is still not where it should be and if I inform Robard and he tells me to go to the quarry I just sit there for days and days and nothing happens

fucking trash

Smejki :argh::argh::argh:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Polygon on their warhorse again, huh?

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/8/17...-will-not-commit-to-kickstarter-stretch-goals

Kingdom Come: Deliverance team will not commit to Kickstarter stretch goals
10 comments
Publisher Deep Silver says it’s not responsible for what was promised to backers

Kingdom Come: Deliverance, the role-playing game set in 15th century Bohemia, began life as a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign in 2014. Just 36 hours into that campaign, developer Warhorse Studios introduced a number of stretch goals to raise more money. These included a playable female character, a dog companion and a tournament mode.

Now, nearly a month after the game was released on Steam, Warhorse is unwilling to commit to fulfilling all of those goals. It also remains nonspecific as to the goals it will be able to fulfill, despite making the promised amount of money to do so.

“The development is currently focusing on creating the best experience for the base game as possible for as many fans as possible,” said Tobias Stolz-Zwilling, the public relations manager at Warhorse. “There is more in development including some of the KS stretch goals, but there’s no public timeframe for release yet.”

But fans have been vocal about the team’s silence regarding the original stretch goals, specifically the female character and the dog companion. Today’s statement is unlikely to satisfy them.

In early 2014, Warhorse Studios began its Kickstarter campaign with an ask of £300,000. When the campaign was completed on Feb. 20, 2014, it had raised more than £1.1 million, or the equivalent of nearly $1.7 million in today’s dollars.

In all, some 35,384 people participated in the campaign.

Screenshot_2018_03_08_10.26.37.png

The final list of stretch goals, locked in place on the Kickstarter campaign page once it was completed on Feb. 20, 2014.
Warhorse Studios
“Here is the list of things we would like to do with the extra money we raise,” Warhorse said in its campaign update on Jan. 24, 2014. It listed live in-game period music, a soundtrack featuring a symphony orchestra, a playable female character and enhanced motion capture. Later, on Feb. 7, it added in-game combat lessons and companion videos as a goal along with a single-player tournament mode “as a way of earning bragging rights with your buddies.” Finally, on Feb. 17, it promised a dog companion.

“We still should be able to implement [the dog companion] within the limits of our budget that is, honestly, even with the great support from Kickstarter backers, still very tight,” Warhorse said at the time, “because our game is much more expensive than one million pounds.”

Clearly that budget went a little over. That’s why, in September 2016, the team announced that it had entered into a co-publishing agreement with Deep Silver in order to help get the game finished.

Reached for comment, a Deep Silver spokesperson said the company was not participating in any of the stretch goals.

“Deep Silver isn’t involved with their Kickstarter campaign as their publishing agreement came after the Kickstarter,” the representative said.

Since launch, Kingdom Come has been plagued by technical issues. These have led to extremely large patches, the first of which was more than 23 GB. The size of the patches is the result of bugs and other errors in the retail version of the game. The most recent patch was issued on Feb. 20. It is clearly these fixes that are occupying the team at this time.

Ultimately, it seems, the responsibility of returning to complete the stretch goals falls on Warhorse alone.

Good thing Vavra is quick to respond.

YOU RIGHT WING RACIST NEO NAZI WHITE SCUM AREN'T IMPLEMENTING BONUS CONTENT IN YOUR RACIST GAME FAST ENOUGH!
PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS GAME! PLEASE STOP BUYING THIS GAME! RACISM! BIGOTRY! PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASE! :cry:

Still a top seller. :positive:

0BIZfFY.png

VR2NC7A.png

Multidirectional use BES -2% 30 milliseconds and set your CPU affinity in your user.cfg. If you have a 4 thread CPU, try these settings:

Code:
sys_main_CPU = 1
sys_physics_CPU = 0
sys_streaming_CPU = 3

If you have an 8 threaded cpu, add 2 to the above values.

I've tried these already, they lower stutter a bit but don't fix it. I really just have to upgrade my PC.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I know what to say - "Fake news!"

Meanwhile, I've spent 5 days in the monastery, 2 of which in confinement. I suck at pickpocketing (lvl2), I suck at lockpicking (lvl1 and a half). I went at night and robbed the kitchen store, hoping to raise money for a lockpick, so I can sleep, save the game and then savescum trying to unlock a door that I guess leads to the Prior's chambers. I'm in need of hints, if anyone has any.

Elex

Arbiter

Meanwhile, I've spent 5 days in the monastery, 2 of which in confinement. I suck at pickpocketing (lvl2), I suck at lockpicking (lvl1 and a half). I went at night and robbed the kitchen store, hoping to raise money for a lockpick, so I can sleep, save the game and then savescum trying to unlock a door that I guess leads to the Prior's chambers. I'm in need of hints, if anyone has any.
don’t sleep explore ALL the monastery at night.
also it sound retarded but tell everyone that you are looking for someone is a good idea.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
also it sound retarded but tell everyone that you are looking for someone is a good idea.
I've only told that to the quietest of the novices, Lucas. I'm thinking of sharing it with the alchemist monk too, he seems trustworthy.

I think his quest for me got bugged. He asked me to keep my ears open for breaches of the rules, and to get him Avicena's book. I got him the book, but when I now ask him what can I do to help him, he repeats that I need to spy around the monastery, but for some reason Henry replies he can't do that.

Elex

Arbiter
I've only told that to the quietest of the novices, Lucas. I'm thinking of sharing it with the alchemist monk too, he seems trustworthy.

I think his quest for me got bugged. He asked me to keep my ears open for breaches of the rules, and to get him Avicena's book. I got him the book, but when I now ask him what can I do to help him, he repeats that I need to spy around the monastery, but for some reason Henry replies he can't do that.
the fast method is basically tell to everyone you want to kill him and wait for a reaction

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I’m going to replay the attack on the bandit camp with the new patch. Will report back on how well they’ve executed the balance changes. It was definitely way too easy unpatched if you had good equipment and waited till around level 10.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
My thoughts after patch 1.3

should just buy mafia 1 for 5$ and wait 5 years untill the game is properly patched and tested.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Fucking shit GOG can't even upload a working non-Galaxy installation.

I uninstalled KCD in order to download anew the 1.3.1 version. Genious software engineering in itself - to apply a patch, reinstall a 40 GB program.

I go to my GOG library page for the game, and guess what - the GoG Galaxy installer links work correctly, but the "Classic installer" links download bin files of irregular sizes - 1.2 GB, 500-something MB, etc. Of course when I start the installer exe it says the files are corrupted.

Fucking morons. This (among other reasons) is why people pirate games. Next thing I WILL do and I guarantee WILL work is to find and download 1.3.1 from a fucking torrent, because CDPR's server admins are too incompetent to provide the main service they are charging WH 30% of the price for!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I uninstalled KCD in order to download anew the 1.3.1 version. Genious software engineering in itself - to apply a patch, reinstall a 40 GB program.

What manner of autistry prevents you from using Galaxy? It's just a pure convenience QoL improvement. Not using Galaxy is like washing your clothes on a washboard from fear of robots or some such.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

The game tells you to try pickpocketing first on drunkards and sleeping fellows first.
There are enough easy lockpicks that you can practice on and raise your level and enough junk you can sell to buy lockpicks.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Fucking shit GOG can't even upload a working non-Galaxy installation.

I go to my GOG library page for the game, and guess what - the GoG Galaxy installer links work correctly, but the "Classic installer" links download bin files of irregular sizes - 1.2 GB, 500-something MB, etc. Of course when I start the installer exe it says the files are corrupted.

Fucking morons. This (among other reasons) is why people pirate games. Next thing I WILL do and I guarantee WILL work is to find and download 1.3.1 from a fucking torrent, because CDPR's server admins are too incompetent to provide the main service they are charging WH 30% of the price for!
dude...seriously..not that I want to excuse their incompetence, but just use galaxy..it is a good clean client and for games that get updated often, it is convenient and time saving.

AwesomeButton

Patron
What manner of autistry prevents you from using Galaxy? It's just a pure convenience QoL improvement. Not using Galaxy is like washing your clothes on a washboard from fear of robots or some such.
1. I am offered an option not to use Galaxy. The fact that this option is provided is enouh reason for any client to expect and require it to be functioning. I don't have to provide explanaiton to anyone why I choose to use any particular option that has been provided.

2. Because I didn't choose GoG over Steam just so I can use CDPR's crappy client instead of Valve's.

3. I don't want to run a process on my machine which brings me nothing of value, monitors what other processes are ran, and sends data about my machine's usage without my knowledge or approval. By the same logic I should ask what maner of autistry makes anyone use GOG Galaxy? Achievements? Time Played stats? Who is the autist then?

The game tells you to try pickpocketing first on drunkards and sleeping fellows first.
There are enough easy lockpicks that you can practice on and raise your level and enough junk you can sell to buy lockpicks.
First of all, I am pretty sure the game is described as a role-playing game, right? As in, a kind of game where I choose how to develop my character, and challenges can be solved in a number of ways.

Second of all, I can't simply "sell junk" to get money for lockpicks while in the monastery. There is only one merchant and he will only buy food items.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
dude...seriously..not that I want to excuse their incompetence, but just use galaxy..it is a good clean client and for games that get updated often, it is convenient and time saving.
Galaxy is an utter turd in my experience, failing to update games and corrupting installations.

I used it for a short while when I was playing PoE. Each and every attempt to automatically patch the game ended with me having to manually uninstall, and then reinstall through Galaxy's "automated", read "completely opaque" process, which shows you neither how much it's downloading, nor how fast, nor even what percentage it has completed. All it showed me was a loading bar, because some idiot designer saw this on his iPhone and thought this was brilliant UI design.

Another game I used it for was Witcher 3, where it famously broke the installation of DLC if your game's language audio was not set to English. I had mute characters in HoS until I installed manually, because GOG wasn't installing the DLC and then the language pack in the right order.

Fuck Galaxy, and fuck spyware clients.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Arcane
Second of all, I can't simply "sell junk" to get money for lockpicks while in the monastery. There is only one merchant and he will only buy food items.

There is one lockpick
behind the altar

Or you can just make more potions when you are ordered to and try to sell them to the guy dealing with lockpicks?

Other than that, you can wander around and rob lootable containers in the kitchen and the basement for alcohol, which he seems to value highly. You can even get on a sidequest while you're there.

AwesomeButton

Patron
There is one lockpick
behind the altar

Or you can just make more potions when you are ordered to and try to sell them to the guy dealing with lockpicks?

Other than that, you can wander around and rob lootable containers in the kitchen and the basement for alcohol, which he seems to value highly. You can even get on a sidequest while you're there.
Didn't know about the spoilered thingy.

I discovered what you mention about the potions, but the merchant only had 12 groschen on him, so I'll have to wait for him to restock in order to sell him more stuff.

I haven't noticed him valuing alcohol more highly than the price I see in my own inventory when I steal it, and even if he does, there is still the fact that his money is limited. I'm already on the sidequest, but it requires me to exit the monastery which I can't yet do.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom