Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wait which one is she? Was she Josh's sidekick from the Pillars youtube channel or is that someone else?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Wait which one is she? Was she Josh's sidekick from the Pillars youtube channel or is that someone else?

She is/was a producer on the title, so yeah she did the Pillars update videos, sometimes with Josh.

Quillon

Arcane
Who the fuck was she and what the fuck did she do? Anything important? Doesn't seem like it.

She was the one that was keeping the development team together; ever since the fig campaign Sawyer's focus has been on producing backer update videos and social media. She was the unofficial director of the game for the last year; the mastermind behind all & only the good new things in Deadfire which Josh took credit for all this time, seems she eventually have had enough.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Who the fuck was she and what the fuck did she do? Anything important? Doesn't seem like it.

She was the one that was keeping the development team together; ever since the fig campaign Sawyer's focus has been on producing backer update videos and social media. She was the unofficial director of the game for the last year; the mastermind behind all & only the good new things in Deadfire which Josh took credit for all this time, seems she eventually have had enough.

I find this kind of hard to believe. Josh seems like a control freak and he’s just tooling around doing social media outreach? Seriously??? Sounds dubious.

Plus, isn’t she in all the backer videos with him? She’s the one who does all the interviews, seems like more of a PR oriented producer than the unofficial director.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

I find this kind of hard to believe. Josh seems like a control freak and he’s just tooling around doing social media outreach? Seriously??? Sounds dubious.

Plus, isn’t she in all the backer videos with him? She’s the one who does all the interviews, seems like more of a PR oriented producer than the unofficial director.

Sawyer realised he created a monstrosity that no person can correct or undo. Dumpsterfire is done for, abandonware at this point.

Sizzle

Arcane
I don't think so, even Sawyer said he will leave the game to someone else after it's released, that he will not be involved in DLCs or further development. He said he MIGHT be involved in some light tuning and that's all. It's over for dumpsterfire.

The deal he had with Feargus was that, if PoE2 does well, he'd get to do his history game. We've known this for a long time now.

You're projecting too much into this.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Being part of most of the backer update videos and then leaving before the release date doesn't really seem normal

Quillon

Arcane

This is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Look at Sawyer's twitter acc: https://twitter.com/jesawyer It was at 10k tweets at this time last year, now its close to 29k.

Quillon

Arcane
He also said there would be another beta updated but there is none.

He's a compulsive liar and a very frivolous director; changing fundamental stuff(attributes) on a whim only to appeal some grognards, only to have it backfire by the community right away and waiting for release eve only to roll back the changes.

Cross

Arcane
I don't think so, even Sawyer said he will leave the game to someone else after it's released, that he will not be involved in DLCs or further development. He said he MIGHT be involved in some light tuning and that's all. It's over for dumpsterfire.

The deal he had with Feargus was that, if PoE2 does well, he'd get to do his history game. We've known this for a long time now.

Didn't Sawyer say his dream project was a historical low fantasy RPG set in medieval times?

I'm very skeptical that after releasing three consecutive isometric RPG's that all have a pre-industrial fantasy setting, Feargus is going to greenlight another one, with the difference being that it would have less audience appeal and sell less than the others. Even Bethesda and Bioware understand the value of branching out into different settings (that is, different settings that are marketable).

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The producer leaving just two weeks before game is released does not signal any good things to come. It does seem that PoE2: dumpsterfire will be unsalvageable.
it's just a career move. do you think producers care about games

Quillon

Arcane

Didn't Sawyer say his dream project was a historical low fantasy RPG set in medieval times?

I'm very skeptical that after releasing three consecutive isometric RPG's that all have a pre-industrial fantasy setting, Feargus is going to greenlight another one, with the difference being that it would have less audience appeal and sell less than the others. Even Bethesda and Bioware understand the value of branching out into different settings (that is, different settings that are marketable).

Sawyer says it'd be different:

:M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom