Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News No Truce With The Furies is now Disco Elysium, a detective RPG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Disco Elysium; ZA/UM

In their ongoing quest for better marketing, the wacky Estonians at ZA/UM have made the choice to rename No Truce With The Furies to Disco Elysium, bringing an end to over a year and a half of bad puns about furries. The game is now simply billed as "a detective RPG". To announce this rebranding, the developers have put together a new trailer. It's a bit more action-packed than previous trailers and offers a glimpse at some of Disco Elysium's roleplaying systems. What kind of cop are you?

I wasn't expecting to see all those animations. The game is definitely coming together nicely. Still no release date beyond "2018", though.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
The narration is up there for worst thing I've ever heard in my life, ever. Holy fuck. Why did they even go with a narrator? What does it add?

Otherwise, looks good. I can't wait to put pants on my small dicked and chubby detective, I am larping him as an alcoholic who likes to have his face sat on by fat broads.

Bohr

Arcane
At least if the RPG thing doesn't work out for them there's always a lucrative possible sideline in coming up with names for Iron Tower

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Exclusive sneak peek of the final boss

iXRQvTG.gif

ortucis

Prophet
That trailer voice is hilarious.

Also, older name was bad but the newer one is generic and even worse. At least with older name people would think it was about fighting furries. Meh!

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Really, they better change name again.
They have a healthy obsession with looking the part - the lead artist is talented with a brush for sure.

Dangerous how?

Funny. Mass burnings of art & literature by a famous 1940's painter come to mind...must have been saving everyone from the evil artists.

...lol

Shit art is just: shit art. Especially when it lacks wit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"FUCK YEAH, NO TRUCE WITH THE FURIES, CODEX INDIE PET PROJECT" *dozens of brofists*

Game title changed

Bunch of Codexers: Heeeey wait a minute...we actually hate pretentious wall of text games!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom