Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Drakensang: the River of Time

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 54: Mora

Mora turns out to be a tiny Udmurt.

9LU23sV.jpg

G8KrtRX.jpg

HHXP568.jpg

W6NqV8n.jpg

MC2Tb1l.jpg

qHDmVx6.jpg
Who are you calling ‘Queen’? I am the Baron’s prisoner, my dear. By Phex, I didn’t think anyone would ever find me here. But you ... you did it. You will save me!

Not too surprisingly, Mora and Ardo turn out to have some history.

gJlCFRg.jpg

qHDmVx6.jpg
Forgive me, your Lordship. What I did was more than foolish. It was a game that got out of hand. But the fact that you have come here to save me, proves that you are indeed a man of honor.

OKlt61R.png
I told my companions that the thief had eyes which glittered brighter than the stars in Phex's sky, and that was something they wanted to see for themselves, my dear.

m0WQljd.png
Well. What’s happened cannot be undone. I think that, like Cano, you should have the opportunity to make good the damage you have caused, Mora.

qHDmVx6.jpg
I would be delighted. But I don’t know all of your companions yet ...

EozdLOG.png
So you're the woman who's caused such a stir. My name is Angela Merkel.

YPloVOT.png
And my name is Fayris. Now that I have seen you with my own eyes, I understand things much more clearly. But some questions remain unanswered.

qHDmVx6.jpg
I would be glad to answer any questions you might have about what happened.

EozdLOG.png
Why did you steal the crown for the Baron?

qHDmVx6.jpg
The man who hired my services wanted to extort a large sum of money from you, my Lord Palatine. He offered me a handsome reward and of course ... there was the fame associated with carrying out a grand coup.

EozdLOG.png
How did you go from being an accomplice to being a prisoner?

qHDmVx6.jpg
The pirate’s ambush was part of the Baron’s plan, as was the journey to Castle Nadoret. After that ... Dajin hid me here because Coldstone made it clear that he wanted me dead.

OKlt61R.png
If it wasn’t just plain greed that saved you, you could almost be grateful! Although I’m sure he hoped to receive some kind of reward in return for his compassion.

EozdLOG.png
That’s enough questions for now.

m0WQljd.png
Right now, we need to know where the crown is located.

qHDmVx6.jpg
I once spied it in his treasure chamber. The Baron took me there one night ... to show me his jewels.

m0WQljd.png
Show us the way! I must retrieve the crown ... before it’s too late.

qHDmVx6.jpg
There’s a hidden entrance to the treasure chamber down in the dungeon. After you!

Mora becomes a temporary party member. She’s extremely squishy but at least is protected by plot armour.

oIXavmu.jpg

sEkr1W5.jpg

Back inside the jail the butthurt knight and bow bitch appear out of nowhere. They are not hard to defeat.

WkZ9KAw.jpg

N7OqSuF.jpg

Erund of Olming leaves behind some nice new greaves for Ardo.

NL1cGxe.jpg

hAMn4pr.jpg

A56GBAE.jpg

The secret entrance Mora spoke about is of course located in the dog pen. The doggies might as well be rats at this point.

pX26Tya.jpg

DEgjEM1.jpg

0G75ogm.jpg

The entrance to the treasure chamber is protected by a door with a special lock. There’s a small puzzle to solve.

yK9B7zQ.jpg

qHDmVx6.jpg
Before the Baron took me in there, he did something else. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see exactly what it was.

OKlt61R.png
This is the first time I've ever seen a mechanism like this. And I've seen a few locks in my time ...

YPloVOT.png
A complicated door for locking up property? That was definitely dreamt up by a dwarf.

qHDmVx6.jpg
The Baron doesn't like Dwarves, but he obviously has no objection to their craftsmanship ... as you can see.

m0WQljd.png
And you really didn't see what the Baron was doing here?

qHDmVx6.jpg
Not clearly ... I'm not sure. But you'll be able to do it?

OKlt61R.png
Of course! Let the master have a turn. I can crack any lock.

qHDmVx6.jpg
Hm. It's possible that the pieces must fit together to make the symbol in the middle. It looks almost like a Phex symbol.

Recreating the symbol by turning the four locks is p. easy.

s2RUmH5.jpg

gXIJMd4.jpg

sC65rH0.jpg

Inside however there is no sight of the crown.

3xu51E9.jpg

RfnhuT8.jpg

bmmH6xk.jpg

qHDmVx6.jpg
Dajin must have it with him.

qHDmVx6.jpg
It was lying right there when I was last here. But Dajin mentioned something about a handover that was to take place soon thereafter.

m0WQljd.png
Whom was he going to hand the crown over to?

qHDmVx6.jpg
He said that the crown was to be delivered to a certain Answin of Ravensmound. He said something about Answin being, “the rightful Emperor who will restore the Empire to its true glory”.

EozdLOG.png
What is the Baron hoping to gain from his treachery?

qHDmVx6.jpg
He hopes to garner his support in exchange for helping Ravensmound lead a putsch against Emperor Hal. He even had a statue of him made to gain his favor.

m0WQljd.png
Ravensmound. If the Emperor’s nephew lays claim to the crown while he is holding it in his hands ... we have to stop it!

EozdLOG.png
Where exactly did the duplicate crown come from?

qHDmVx6.jpg
I think Ravensmound was responsible for that. Coldstone delivered it to the Baron, who gave it to me in order to conceal the theft until they were ready to launch their attack.

OKlt61R.png
If I hadn’t tried to steal the crown from you, Mora, then their plan would have been a success. You can imagine the look on my face when I discovered what I had in my hands!

EozdLOG.png
We shouldn’t waste any more time.

m0WQljd.png
I’m sure that Dajin has hurried to collect the crown after our little confrontation. We have to discover where he is without ...

m0WQljd.png
…what’s that sound?

Out of the blue the entrance to the treasure chamber closes while a staircase back to the great hall opens. An obvious trap.

BfId2hF.jpg

s542sBq.jpg

ctNrb8g.jpg

m0WQljd.png
Our way back is blocked! I’m getting tired of these games. Mora, what’s going on?

qHDmVx6.jpg
How should I know that?! The door closed automatically. And I know as much about this secret passageway as you do: nothing!

YPloVOT.png
What do we do now?

EozdLOG.png
We can only go forward, even if it is a trap.

m0WQljd.png
Spoken like a true hero, my friend. I am glad to have you at my side.

m0WQljd.png
Let's prepare for battle and take back Raul's Crown at last!

OKlt61R.png
By Phex, let’s hope the crafty one means well with us in sending us down this path.

Upstairs the obvious trap springs.

H1K8Ffa.jpg

5oFADkt.jpg

mVGRTaz.jpg

sYn1RUn.jpg

Coawb0S.jpg

Jasmine and some unknown mage appear. Jasmine however does not take part in the battle.

qlJ4dL5.jpg

Jasmine heads for the courtyard and leaves her ‘apprentice’ behind.

UonaZlM.jpg

AEC7qDu.jpg

The surprise in this fight is that the mage casts “Duplicatus”, a spell that creates several clones of herself.

klHOkyr.jpg

c5sG3yy.jpg

Fayris casts Sleep on two crossbowmen while the Phex deonts use Better Offer on two enemies wielding halberd/greatsword.

Ardo can easily deal with the clones using Stormblade skill.

bnfdVSC.jpg

feXOmOP.jpg

aAQRPPJ.jpg

WSxs49c.jpg

After defeating the ambush it’s time to head to the courtyard and face the main villains.

HyjdvMI.jpg

i4iw3qP.jpg

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 55: Attack of the clones

At the courtyard, site of the final battle, the main antagonists are in a state of extreme butthurt.

XuR6OYD.jpg

mN3JTgR.jpg

T1ZNxnm.jpg

LIFEXJJ.png
While your choice of words presents a paradox, it does seem rather apt considering the circumstances.

KzR4xmc.png
W-w-what do you mean?!

NKi9Utg.jpg

Coldstone attempts to launch one of his lightning balls at Mora but the Baron intervenes.

zcpRMMo.jpg

qWjmT1i.jpg

The lightning bolt causes massive destruction anyways, burying Mora under a pile of rubble.

SW3W8mk.jpg

my5HsZh.jpg

q0GxhiT.jpg

The Baron goes completely cuckoo at the sight of the destruction and removes himself from the picture.

hr834Qx.jpg

BG4GvAE.jpg

yPwK6Nj.jpg

Coldstone unleashes Jasmine first.

vAi1lgQ.jpg

This is another battle against many clones during which Coldstone wraps himself inside a Globe of Invulnerablity and merely spurs Jasmine on.

RS6rGUd.jpg

ZR6qoP4.jpg

NEJE4xS.jpg

7vemhdF.jpg

The party fights two, four, six and finally eight clones. It is more a nuisance than a challenge.

GdAP28p.jpg

x5jQQyL.jpg

jSlFbau.jpg

GJXi7fu.jpg

Xc4BB2a.jpg

Once Jasmine and her clone army are snuffed out she pulls another ludicrous spell out of her ass.

jbwA1sQ.jpg

3ys4Ox7.jpg

NKflNR7.jpg

H96hMcP.jpg

Not sure whether this mirror party is an exact copy, in any case mirror Angela hit Angela with a Mortal Blow inflicting three wounds.

It is likely paramount to have Fayris cast Sleep on mirror Fayris at the start of battle. The Sleep easily hit with high SP* despite "real" Fayris' high RM.

8rkSITW.jpg

P4KPiXH.jpg

Once the mirror party is a goner Coldstone will enter battle himself.

2muXbhq.jpg

QiStK20.jpg

h6HGKa8.jpg

Nf49H59.jpg

inXFOKT.jpg

The final battle is upon us.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Apparently this is Forgrimm's English voice actor, along with Ardo the only good voice actor in the game. :obviously:

5vI8J3u.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 56: Final battle

Coldstone pulls out a magical gizmo and uses it to awaken and remote control the statue of Answin of Ravensmound.

gn6SoLe.jpg

wvFzxr9.jpg

xmcJQlF.jpg

wIKGuTu.jpg

Attacking the statue in melee is suicide since it spams Mortal Blow. Ranged/magic is best.

Again Coldstone is completely invulnerable while remote controlling.

xAEp5Cz.jpg

TPTlXib.jpg

7uU0eJv.jpg

Once the statue has taken enough damage Coldstone will summon some phantom swords and enter combat directly.

ufeR7WQ.jpg

i8ZdbZe.jpg

Gntedr3.jpg

The swords can knock down and inflict Corpofrigo when they hit. Coldstone himself casts spells like Blitz Dich Find/Sleep/Flesh to Stone but it’s possible to protect against these effects with potions.

Coldstone doesn’t really cast that many damage spells at all so is not very dangerous in direct combat; he merely has an absurd amount of HP.

5byjl4p.jpg

G7eKJ2a.jpg

31BtTF6.jpg

There are two more rounds of whacking the statue prolonging the battle for no real reason.

xg46qgx.jpg

dcuJJbn.jpg

94ltkBq.jpg

QXSihiG.jpg

In the end, Coldstone is finally killed for good.

6at5dee.jpg

xJRaB4c.jpg

The statue of Answin loses its magical control and crashes down the castle.

Z4O1z8Q.jpg

Ex7WxVR.jpg

XrNLDmM.jpg

Somehow a thunderstorm had broken out during the battle; the weather clears up again after Coldstone falls.

bZZveaJ.jpg

Angela’s old buddy Gerlin decides to show up along with Forgrimm.

vmA0gVr.jpg

Somehow Mora survived the avalanche of castle debris.

y01WMg2.jpg

xRrgpQQ.jpg

1x1JXQU.jpg

Ardo finally retrieves the real Crown of Raul while the Baron is removed from premises.

XFbbqeZ.jpg

Bt5iyzj.jpg

A6KBTXA.jpg

RZ9DEMJ.jpg

Gerlin and Ardo wrap chit up.

4nF1pNV.jpg

AxtRYmj.jpg

J83JQP1.jpg

JjiP9Bo.jpg

JGDExZO.jpg

dirZLev.jpg

YiY9MNz.jpg

At long last Cano gets da bad pussy.

EnVW3od.jpg

D7gpfG3.jpg

PvieevH.jpg

mDSBWy8.jpg

tytmbws.jpg

Now back in 1032 BF Ferdok Forgrimm finishes his tale. Gladys wants to know what happened next but instead Cano shows up.

In case you haven’t figured it out yet – Gladys is Cano’s daughter.

Forgrimm does mention that Answin of Ravensmound would become Emperor for one day – which is true.

uEDUUIO.jpg

Wfd1XFR.jpg

enPPeZT.jpg

sIU89LB.jpg

Ge6yd0V.jpg

zrDLMka.jpg

i5wWfLU.jpg

River of Time takes place in 1009 BF. In 1010 BF Emperor Hal disappeared in Bornland and Answin of Ravensmound declared himself Emperor which triggered a short-lasting civil war. He fled and Reto, Hal’s son, became Emperor.

In 1028 BF funnily both Answin of Ravensmound ànd Emperor Hal unexpectedly returned at the Battle of Three Emperors where the Middenrealm crushingly defeated demonic forces of the Blacklands. Both died at the battle.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
And no one, safe for a few people, will know of Angela Merkel the Rogue, a hero who saved the crown. :salute:
This was a nice ride

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 57: Epilogue

Angela reached level 13 at the end… I think this is a first. Normally it’s very hard to go beyond level 12.

v4cWAwL.jpg

fo9IMrd.jpg

Coldstone drops the best sword in the game just for its enchantment. Not a bad souvenir.

Cgg7XiT.jpg

Basically all left to do is some talking.

uuCJ0uH.jpg

N693nvk.jpg

pGu5XTH.jpg

InQP0vr.png
Do we want to bet again? We could ...

EozdLOG.png
I didn’t mean to disturb you.

OKlt61R.png
Oh, you're not disturbing us. Mora and I ...

InQP0vr.png
Can we help you?

EozdLOG.png
You want to work together from now on?

InQP0vr.png
Yes, we were just talking about that…

OKlt61R.png
... didn't you want ... to place another bet?

InQP0vr.png
Oh, Cano. Don't take everything so seriously. When this adventure's over, you and I should devise something special to do together in Albernia.

EozdLOG.png
I can see you've got a lot to tell ...

EozdLOG.png
What was the story of your contest to steal the crown?

OKlt61R.png
Well, I was a contender for the Havena Thieves' Crown for some time ... the King of Thieves at the time, Merkur Soliman ...

InQP0vr.png
... didn't want to make things too easy for Cano, so he advertised the position. Cano wasn't bad, but I think I beat him to it …

OKlt61R.png
... you were caught, so points should be deducted. Without our help ...

InQP0vr.png
... you see - you weren't alone, anyway. Points should be deducted for that, too ...

EozdLOG.png
I can see you’ve got a lot to tell each other…

EozdLOG.png
How did you actually steal the crown, Mora? Tell us again.

InQP0vr.png
Well, it happened like this. It had already occurred to me that Cano might be planning to forestall me, so I took the direct route.

InQP0vr.png
I told Ardo that I was a noblewoman who had fallen on hard times and that I would like to be his daughter's handmaid ... convincing that wary old warrior and his bodyguards was very difficult ...

OKlt61R.png
Bah ... all you probably had to do was wiggle your hips and bat your eyelashes.

InQP0vr.png
Exactly, Cano, and in comparison to you, I'm quite beguiling ... I did, after all, charm Ardo and Forgrimm. The rest is very simple ...

InQP0vr.png
I stole down into the cellar and switched out the crowns while Ardo and Forgrimm were getting roaring drunk in the next room. Then I just slipped out of the castle like that ...

OKlt61R.png
... haha, that was arguably far too easy. It only counts as a true Phexcapade if it involves the requisite level of difficulty.

EozdLOG.png
Cano, tell me the story again - how did Ardo and Forgrimm catch you?

OKlt61R.png
That was all just a really stupid coincidence. If you hadn't taken the crown, Mora, everything would have gone smoothly anyway ...

OKlt61R.png
I'd just snuck past countless guards and avoided lethal traps ...

InQP0vr.png
... hehe, you really do have a good imagination. There was no guard there and I didn't see any traps there either. At most Ardo and Forgrimm were downstairs doing justice to the Pale Ale...

OKlt61R.png
Mora ... let me tell my story ... I don't interrupt you during yours ...

OKlt61R.png
Then I held Raul's Crown in my hands and realized ... it was a fake ... I wept bitterly, because Phex had obviously permitted himself a terrible joke at my expense ...

InQP0vr.png
Hehe, it wasn't Phex, Cano, it was me - I played that trick on you. And apparently you were so loud that Ardo's old watchdog started barking.

OKlt61R.png
Mora! Please!

EozdLOG.png
Haha ... you two are going to have a lot of fun together.

Next, a chat with Ardo & Forgrimm.

FzDBNjh.jpg

IfmwZYY.jpg

m0WQljd.png
... down in the old wine cellar. Yes, I know, it will be difficult not to mention it.

EozdLOG.png
I hope I’m not disturbing you.

m0WQljd.png
Nonsense, come and join us. You can't possibly disturb us. Forgrimm and I owe you our honor and our lives.

EozdLOG.png
Ardo, I had a debt to repay.

XcemGgR.png
Fiddlesticks, you did more than that. You proved yourself a true friend.

EozdLOG.png
What do you think of our two Foxhills, Cano and Mora?

m0WQljd.png
Haha - look at them! The quarrel of lovers is the renewal of love. Phex have mercy on us if they ever have children ... hahaha.

EozdLOG.png
Yes, that might be amusing…

XcemGgR.png
Stressful!

EozdLOG.png
Cano did prove himself a loyal comrade later, though.

XcemGgR.png
Ha ... even I quite like that scallywag now. Bah ... what am I saying ...

m0WQljd.png
Cano's heart is in the right place! He's learned a lot, as have we all.

EozdLOG.png
What’ll happen to the crown?

m0WQljd.png
It's going back to safekeeping in Rudo's Shield ... as soon as I get back home, the guards will be increased, the walls raised and a few observant people hired.

EozdLOG.png
And the Emperor? Will he find out what's happened?

m0WQljd.png
I'd like to tell Emperor Hal everything. Gerlin says, however, that telling the Emperor at this point wouldn't be a good idea. It could lead to over-hasty reactions.

m0WQljd.png
As soon as he's sorted out everything here, Gerlin will set off for talks with my nephew Blasius of Boarstock, Prince of Kosh, and Count Growin of Ferdok. Everything pertaining to Dajin will be ... discussed there.

EozdLOG.png
What are you going to do?

m0WQljd.png
Stay out of it initially and wait to see what happens. I'm happy having nothing to do with politics for the time being. The secret surrounding the crown is in good hands with Gerlin.

EozdLOG.png
I think so too.

EozdLOG.png
What are you two going to do?

m0WQljd.png
Well, you decide. We're in your debt. And we've still got one or two things left to do. The ship is at your disposal.

EozdLOG.png
That’s extremely generous.

XcemGgR.png
Nonsense... we're not in a hurry to get back home either, are we Ardo?

EozdLOG.png
Hehe. Still the same old Forgrimm.

EozdLOG.png
What do you think of Answin of Ravensmound's involvement in the conspiracy?

m0WQljd.png
Let me put it like this. There are enough scoundrels in the Middenrealm who want the Old Times back. Answin of Ravensmound is undoubtedly one of them.

m0WQljd.png
It hasn't been proven that he has anything to do with this matter. And even if that is the case, his two court scribes will present the story in the correct light.

EozdLOG.png
Do you think we'll get any more trouble from that Jasmine character?

m0WQljd.png
It's hard to say. But we haven't heard the last of her.

Next, a chat with Fayris & Gerlin.

8BQDZqg.jpg

OE9IPaJ.jpg

YPloVOT.png
Yes, the victory over Coldstone cost us a great deal ... I keep thinking of how he killed Jaakon.

tzMvqNy.png
Yes ... I know what you mean ... it's hard to come to terms with these losses. I'm glad, though, that we were able to put a stop to Coldstone's scheming. Perhaps that will go some way towards making amends to his victims.

YPloVOT.png
I don't think any of us have any idea yet of the extent of that Coldstone's machinations.

EozdLOG.png
Gerlin, what have you been able to find out about Coldstone?

tzMvqNy.png
When I was in Ferdok, I asked my old IGIA contacts for help. There are only a couple of inconsequential files on Coldstone there. They prove that he worked for the IGIA under Answin of Ravensmound.

EozdLOG.png
Answin worked for the IGIA too?

tzMvqNy.png
After Emperor Reto dissolved the IGIA upon his inauguration, it was re-established on Answin's advice in the year 984 BF. At the time, Answin was Privy Councillor and directed the agency between 984 and 998 BF.

tzMvqNy.png
Coldstone and Ravensmound must know each other from back then. But there's no proof. Even if there is any documentation on it, it must be deep in the dungeons of the IGIA stronghold in Koshtown. I wasn't able to get access to them...

EozdLOG.png
Interesting…

tzMvqNy.png
Dajin was just a cheap henchman for Coldstone. Well, he had his own agenda, at any rate. Something that went further than Growin's disempowerment and the discrediting of Emperor Hal.

tzMvqNy.png
Who knows what would have been in store for us if Coldstone hadn't been stopped.

EozdLOG.png
What was with the mercenaries' coat of arms?

tzMvqNy.png
The blue griffin on the white ground. Heraldically speaking, the griffin is the animal on the coat of arms of the Middenrealm, blue represents loyalty, and white stands for purity.

tzMvqNy.png
What a noble coat of arms these traitors have created for themselves. But anyway ... one's own view of things is often somewhat glorified.

tzMvqNy.png
I almost feel a bit sorry for that Sir Erund of Olming. I really think he thought he was doing a good deed for the Empire.

EozdLOG.png
Fayris, what are you planning to do?

YPloVOT.png
I'd like to accompany you as you complete your remaining tasks. Gerlin is, I think, in agreement.

tzMvqNy.png
Of course, Fayris. Oh, how I'd love to have the time to go off seeking adventure once more, alongside my stressful and time-consuming work in the Privy Council. But I can already hear my paperwork beckoning.

YPloVOT.png
That wouldn't be my thing. When this is all over, I'm going to go and spend some time with the Elves. But I might also talk to Sanraya.

EozdLOG.png
That sounds very exciting.

Once Angela leaves the castle the party is teleported back to the Thalaria where there is more braggadocio.

IbwpfUB.jpg

2Ty1bgp.jpg

lezp2Ey.jpg

24ScCLt.jpg

zXnA9Hx.jpg

7GgKPYK.jpg

gP5z8jb.jpg

BwXp5W3.jpg

vwXdxaS.jpg

EbyYGpz.jpg

iNhk7cm.jpg

There’s more talk to be done here.

N1Y6Zyb.jpg

EozdLOG.png
What do you think of Cano now?

m0WQljd.png
Now I know that my faith in him wasn’t misplaced. It was a good thing to give him a chance to get back the crown with me at the time. I’ve thought long and hard about how everything fits together.

m0WQljd.png
Maybe there's even more to it than we all think. After all, the fox is the heraldic animal of the Gareth family ... that is, the imperial family. Isn't it just possible that Phex sent us that rascal ...

m0WQljd.png
... to uncover this scheme and protect the House of Gareth? Oh, what the hell ... it’s all hogwash. There’s nothing to it.

EozdLOG.png
How do you think Forgrimm fared?

m0WQljd.png
Forgrimm was as brave and loyal as always. Exactly those qualities are the foundation of our friendship. But we have also both learned a lot during this adventrue. And found good new friends in you and Scallywag.

EozdLOG.png
How would you evaluate Fayris’ part in our adventure?

m0WQljd.png
Her sharp eyes and intuition helped us a lot. I’m happy to have had her outstanding support in addition to yours. She’ll make her way with success, I’m convinced of that.

BrRDxCj.jpg

EozdLOG.png
How did you manage to become imprisoned?

InQP0vr.png
Oh, it happened like this. I sailed to Nadoret with Coldstone’s people. I wanted to wrangle the crown back off them and generously help myself to Dajin’s treasure stores.

EozdLOG.png
I see…

InQP0vr.png
But I made my calculations without Coldstone. He instructed Dajin to capture me directly and eliminate me. But he wanted me as a trophy and locked me up in this tacky tower.

EozdLOG.png
Why did Dajin let you live?

InQP0vr.png
He wanted me as a trophy, and then I was supposed to put on frequent performances for him. But I can’t tell you about those out loud.

InQP0vr.png
... Rajah pleasing ... *whisper* ... Dance of the Seven Veils ... *whisper* ... undress ... *whisper* ... yes ...

EozdLOG.png
I’m shocked…

InQP0vr.png
Can you imagine anything so unseemly? That's almost like the story ‘Nedime, the Caliph’s Daughter'. Well, I’m a respectable charlatan! Dajin only got smashed pottery and a vase dumped on his head for his trouble. Anything else?

EozdLOG.png
How are things going to go on between you and Cano?

InQP0vr.png
Heeheehee ... he will accompany you as long as he wants. Then we’re going to Albernia and snag us the Thieves’ Crown of Havena.

EozdLOG.png
Both of you… or just you?

InQP0vr.png
Oh, Cano gets the crown ... heeheehee ... and I’ll steal it afterwards, anything else?

2RloMAc.jpg

EozdLOG.png
What do you think about Ardo now?

OKlt61R.png
Well, Ardo has nothing more to fear from me and Mora. I would never steal from a friend. Ah, and besides, Forgrimm would hold it against me. And I actually get along with him quite well right now. But don’t you dare tell him that.

EozdLOG.png
What do you think about Forgrimm now?

OKlt61R.png
I wouldn't have thought it possible, but Shorty has really grown on me. I hope that I don't have to let myself into Ardo's house again the next time around.

EozdLOG.png
What do you think about Fayris now?

OKlt61R.png
It’s like I told you. You could depend on Fayris. A good thing that we had her with us. Now what am I saying? She’ll be with us for a while yet.

dvlXpdq.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Are you going to stay in Ardo’s service?

XcemGgR.png
Haha, good joke ... you better believe it! Where else would I find employment?

EozdLOG.png
What do you think about Cano after all that?

XcemGgR.png
Hm ... well, the Scallywag, that ne’er-do-well ...

XcemGgR.png
... hm, he's not listening at the moment. So actually he's a pretty good guy. But don't you dare tell him! Oh, I'm really putting my foot into it now!

EozdLOG.png
What do you think about Fayris now?

XcemGgR.png
Well, when the chips were down, she gave as good as she got. Otherwise ... oh, well, I have little to find fault with.

LQlaHMn.jpg

EozdLOG.png
What do you think, did Ardo acquit himself well?

YPloVOT.png
An honest man and a brave warrior. He accomplished his mission well. I'm very proud that we were able to aid him.

EozdLOG.png
Do you think Cano will be happy with Mora?

YPloVOT.png
Haha ... just look at them. Our Cano has obviously found a woman who is his match. At least things will never get boring with those two, I’m convinced of that.

EozdLOG.png
What do you think about Forgrimm now?

YPloVOT.png
That Dwarf is the most faithful soul and the best friend you could ever wish for. He would never leave Ardo or it would break his heart. And in the meantime he would even join Cano for a ... glass of wine!

A very last thing to wrap up is kind of an easter egg…

Give the goatherder from the beginning of the game a chitload of tinder fungus and he’ll rocket out of the place.

kKtlgmr.jpg

VQF1cpO.jpg

VXJWhkc.jpg

kUuiE0B.jpg

57LRtya.jpg

62KTHbJ.jpg

9DD1vzJ.jpg

:yeah:

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
:necro:

That was a fun read. Much better than the previous game, and infinitely better than NWN2 OC story, but that's a low bar.
How is the Aventurian setting/pnp game doing nowadays? Is it still a thing?

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
River of time was the swansong. I guess you can count Blackguards 1 aswell. the rest of the modern games are trash. Just try out the Realms of Arkania remakes and see for yourself.

lightbane

Arcane
I know the infamous (two) HD remakes. BGuards1 is supposedly good as well, not so much the second one. I was talking about the pnp game itself, compared to DnD 5.0.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom