Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

That feeling when you don't have a good RPG you're currently playing or to look forward to

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Just play weeb shit.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Pillars of Eternity 2

Shit.

Underrail Expansion

Not into jetskis in my RPG's, sorry.

The New World

Should be called The Next Century.

Cain/Boyarsky sci-fi project

Hard to get hyped for a game with no name. ...in a desert?

Wasteland 3

Nigga please.

Beautiful Desolation

Never heard of it.

Bard's tale 4

Okay, this one is legit. Still has a ways to go, though.

No Truce for the furies

Meh.

Copper Dreams

Should be called Pipe Dream.

System Shock 3

I thought all progress on this was suspended.

Cyberpunk 2077

Incredibly appropriate title.

Battletech

The more I look into this, the more I dread its actual release. Not looking good IMO.

???

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Pillars of Eternity 2

Shit.

Underrail Expansion

Not into jetskis in my RPG's, sorry.

The New World

Should be called The Next Century.

Cain/Boyarsky sci-fi project

Hard to get hyped for a game with no name. ...in a desert?

Wasteland 3

Nigga please.

Beautiful Desolation

Never heard of it.

Bard's tale 4

Okay, this one is legit. Still has a ways to go, though.

No Truce for the furies

Meh.

Copper Dreams

Should be called Pipe Dream.

System Shock 3

I thought all progress on this was suspended.

Cyberpunk 2077

Incredibly appropriate title.

Battletech

The more I look into this, the more I dread its actual release. Not looking good IMO.

???

Are you sure you even like games, cRPGS? Serious question.

Or you are trolling. Either way, I'm not sure what to tell you old man.. :x

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does anyone else get legitimately depressed when they don't have a good or at least decent RPG to look forward to playing after the day's over or whatever?

I've found over the years that the anticipation of having a game I enjoy playing can really boost my personal productivity, my mood, and my overall attitude towards life. If there's nothing that I'm currently enjoying, at least having one close to release helps, knowing I don't have to wait too long.

But if there's nothing that I want to play, and nothing that looks good coming out for months or even years into the future, I can get into a real funk. It can get bad enough that I have to force myself to go back in and try to finish some of the games I never completed, pushing through the grind of what caused me to stop playing them in the first place, such as with something like PoE or Wasteland 2.

No, not really.

I only have the psychological endurance to play/beat 3-5 games a year, 2-3 new ones and usually 2 old, unfinished ones.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Same here... Aside from not seeing any interesting games anyways, I'm only looking forward to Bards Tale 4 and the Elder Scrolls 6 (yeah I said it... got the feeling it will still be one of the better ones amongst the shit). Perhaps the only interesting RPGs in the next 10 years. Got to play the hell out of BT4 when it arrives :roll:
Other than that... one can only replay old games
rating_oldman.png

jaydee2k

Savant
I have this feeling right fucking now. Played through Fallout 1 - 2 - New Vegas for the 12831241394238 time in an almost orgasmic way and now... there is just emptiness

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The incoming Pathfinder Kingmaker could be a bright star or a complete black hole but hey, combining a team of russians and some Chris Avellone injected here and there could be a lethal combination:russia:

Max Stats

Liturgist
No RPG at the moment? That's what a backlog is for...

Or non-RPGs like Mario or Zelda. Not RPGs but good games.

Freddie

Savant
Congratulations! You are hitting the wall for (X:th) time of your life.

Please consider following options:

1. Make yourself you enjoy entertainment that doesn't really satisfy you by self suggestion! This is great opportunity for fat tweeds who like to suck each others cucks. Find your life partner in Codex and join the fest of virtual flesh. No one can stop you now!

2. Perhaps you have some higher level intellectual level functions left and you may are starting to compare the state of shit games to Real Life. Realising that golden age went long age and Real Live experiences may actually feel better, sometimes at least have influence. It's sad but sometimes it happens, people end up at least in somehow satisfying lives and may get laid.

3. You realise that really, I could make my own product instead of always being a passenger and earn something. You collect your thoughts (with variable success) and found a start up for PnP game. Or hairspray, because you have learned something. Your possibilities with sexual partners multiply because that's just how the world is.

4. You continue to punish yourself for something you haven't done by playing shit games, watching shit entertainment. Nobody really knows why., there is no way this could build towards something greater. But people who like to sell shit., they know what you like and keep making money of your inability of taking risks and disgust of yourself being something.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Congratulations! You are hitting the wall for (X:th) time of your life.

Please consider following options:

1. Make yourself you enjoy entertainment that doesn't really satisfy you by self suggestion! This is great opportunity for fat tweeds who like to suck each others cucks. Find your life partner in Codex and join the fest of virtual flesh. No one can stop you now!

2. Perhaps you have some higher level intellectual level functions left and you may are starting to compare the state of shit games to Real Life. Realising that golkden age went long age and Real Live experiences may actually feel better, sometimes at least have influence. It's sad but sometimes it happens, people end up at least in somehow satisfying lives and may get laid.

3. You realise that really, I could make my own product instead of always being a passenger and earn something. You collect your thoughts (with variable success) and found a start up for PnP game. Or hairspray, because you have learned something. Your possibilities with sexual partners multiply because that's just how the world is.

4. You continue to punish yourself for something you haven't done by playing shit games, watching shit entertainment. Nobody really knows why., there is no way this could build towards something greater. But people who like to sell shit., they know what you like and keep making money of your inability of taking risks and disgust of yourself being something.

5. Fuck this dyke by the name of Freddie.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Have you tried something new like bungee jumping or eating a duck's vagina?

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Have you considered exploring indie titles or modules for games like Neverwinter Nights or Unlimited Adventures?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom