Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Has anyone started composing a custom soundtrack for KCD? I like the music, but it gets repetitive after a while and I wish for more variance. Here is something:

When I get around to playing KCD, after a patch or two, I'll use Smetana's Ma Vlast as a soundtrack along with Dvorak's Hussite Overture and perhaps a few other works by Smetana and Dvorak. 19th-century Romantic Czech nationalist compositions are appropriate even if anachronistic. +M

mildTea

Learned
Has anyone started composing a custom soundtrack for KCD? I like the music, but it gets repetitive after a while and I wish for more variance. Here is something:

When I get around to playing KCD, after a patch or two, I'll use Smetana's Ma Vlast as a soundtrack along with Dvorak's Hussite Overture and perhaps a few other works by Smetana and Dvorak. 19th-century Romantic Czech nationalist compositions are appropriate even if anachronistic. +M

Just play yourself “Ktož jsú boží bojovníci” if you want to be anachronistic. It’s about as close as you can get to that period. Add some “Hospodine pomiluj ny” if you like to imitate what could have been the old-school feel.

Crabcz

Novice
Sorry to derail the current discussion, but what sum for development is correct now? Was it 5 million or 36 million? If it is that latter it puts the game in a different light a bit.

The 36 million is a number by Forbes, the Czech edition, and nobody knows where it came from. They likely didn't get it from "official" places coz there's no attribution and Warhorse hasn't commented. Plus Vavra always maintained their budget is a sliver of what AAA games cost. I've always thought it's fantasy, plus now some sources say it's WITHOUT marketing, which is definitely insane, the game would be more expensive than Witcher 3.

Nah, something isn't right here.

Quickly skimming through Warhorse's annual reports I can say they spent around $14 million by the end of 2016 (at current exchange rate, eyeballing the rate changes over the years it may be around $12.5 million). When they announced the 500000 sold copies mark, Vavra said they'd probably break even within a day. The $36 million is, at best, the revenue from selling 600000 copies for $60

Honestly, they should stop wasting time on Dog and Female Character DLC, and other pointless crap like that. What they should do, aside from fixing bugs, is work on a really good set of modding/editing tools, and release it ASAP. Bethesda has been living off of that for decades, but modding Bethesda games is kinda like getting a sandbox full of shit. You can try to shape it to your heart's content, but in the end all you got are brown hands. KCD is actually a very good foundation for modders to do everything that Warhorse could not, and turn the game from an interesting novelty into a great all around RPG.

agris

Arcane
Patron
In a way, I agree. When I think about KCD, I don't want a companion or novella-length escapade with another character as the focus. I want the existing world to be fleshed out more - for me to have the option to tell Reeky's dad about his demise (maybe even bring the body back), for tournaments to be integrated into the game, not relegated as a bonus launched from the main menu. For other weapon types and improvements to combat to be instituted across the entire game, not prototyped in little DLC chunks for KCD2.

Elex

Arbiter
"LMAO my GF finished this game twice since it's been out. Mid game is incredibly easy killing anything in 2 hits. Also you can break the game by killing 6 people quick enough and then no one will attack you. They will just say " What was that noise?" and walk up to you doing nothing. Feel free to steal and kill as much as you want. Her second playthrough she was able to kill every single person in every single town in less than an hour, she lost like 10% of her health."

The game is immersive and exquisite artistically crafted but it shits on its own sword fighting system by making the combat trivially easy.
Why the fuck this game has no difficulty settings?

A game being buggy at release is the norm now where the impatient consumers that don't want to wait half a year after release to play, are used as bug testers.
This is the case with this game also.

I hope for a second game in the series that would be more polished and bug free and MORE FUCKIN CHALLENGING!
What is the point of having a complex combat system if you are guaranteed the kill if you randomly mash the swing button?
wife material.

Elex

Arbiter
Just last 24 hours I have encountered first (2) quest breaking bugs. First one was during the last part of the raiders quest. I went to the same camp before during the one quest where you have to obtain cuman disguises and now it's empty. The marker doesn't point at an area like other parts of the quest so most likely I killed the guy already and now his body is gone. But I think I would have looted the proof because during that quest I looted every strange looking cuman helmet.

The other broken one was the horse race where everyone just stood still at the starting poing. Other than that I have mostly seen typical jankiness and getting stuck at bushes and streams/rivers. One funny thing that has happened couple times is that when cooking roe deer meat it turns into cooked deer kidneys. Well they pay much more so I wasn't complaining :). Game says I have played it for 120 hours :oops: (I have been sick at home for two weeks), but the game seems to count when the game is alt-tabbed to the desktop so I think there's at least 20 hours extra. And I have deliberately avoided doing main quests (due fear of bugs), in fact I only just today killed Runt.

Still no patch today? :argh:
any cuman armor or helm will work.

Elex

Arbiter
Why the fuck this game has no difficulty settings?

Yes, this is by far the stupidest fucking thing in the game. Advanced autism is the only explanation I have. Warhorse apparently decided they wanted to make, you know, their own Dark Souls game. And there are no diff. settings in Dark Souls either right?

Unfortunately nobody told them hardcore gameplay is all Dark Souls has. If you lower the difficulty in DS there'd be nothing left. While in KCD you still have the beautiful world, great story, entertaining characters and the AI systems to play with.

And so they went with this weird mishmash between "Normal" and "Hard" and nobody is happy - how fucking predictable was that? On one hand casuals cry about the saving system and no reticle for bow, on the other serious gamers are pissed off because the combat is so trivial after the first 10 hours.

Autism is a terrible affliction.
dark souls have difficulty setting integrated in the gameplay: certain covenant can make your game harder, or you can use equip that half your life and similar stuff.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Wasn't the fact that the dog and the girl would be available as DLC for free to Kickstarter supporters already common knowledge on multiple sites before the Polygon hitpiece?

PrettyDeadman

While I am waiting for a patch that will fix progress-stopping bug, I share with you some interesting KCD gameplay from a prominent Oblivion let's player:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
So after they include the option to play as a female character, what would be the player's options as quests go in this realistic medieval game?
Sweep the floor? Prepare a meal and bring water from the fountain?

Mark Richard

Arcane
It must be shocking to these people to realize that devs can actually punch back now.

Watching the creators of Kingdom Come unapologetically stand up for their work against critics turned amateur historians has been gratifying, but it's incredibly rare. Small indi devs are easily buried if they step out of line. Larger devs have an easily swayed publisher for a boss that's beholden to shareholders who have little knowledge about their investment beyond the headlines. As a result the games press have become adept at coercing apologies for controversies they themselves created, leaving me wondering why I should believe in these games when the developers apparently don't.

Enter Warhorse Studios, a believer with a mythical mid-budget AA tier game outside of this cosy system. They can't be bullied. They can't be threatened. They don't feel shame, or guilt, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop... ever, until they've shared their heritage!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think the influence of these critics and especially of the few aggressively activist outlets is overestimated. The outlets themselves are dependent on PR budgets of big publishers for revenue, and are doing their best to suck up to them. It's not so much a matter of "we'll pay you/buy you stuff/offer you invitations/games for free/advertising, in order to rate our games high", it's more often a matter of "rate our games high, or we'll cut our subscription". There is this guy writing about games and tv series at Forbes, Erik Kain, he has written a few articles on the subject. Since he is at Forbes, he can afford to not give a fuck and be critical of "games-only" outlets which are dependent on publishers.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Tried to ride past a Cumans vs Bandit encounter...Pebbles threw me off.
Henry was drunk so he couldn't sprint away.

RIP Pebbles.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No patch for GOG yet. I had some faint hopes that when Vavra said "for PC" he meant Steam and GOG simultaneously.

PrettyDeadman

The patch retroactively fixed broken Question and Answers quest. I know have a quest marker to Counterfieting merchant.

Elex

Arbiter
So after they include the option to play as a female character, what would be the player's options as quests go in this realistic medieval game?
it’s theresa so... it’s about sleep until 11 am and pretend working.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
it’s theresa so... it’s about sleep until 11 am and pretend working.

Maybe we can have a birth simulator.

Add in % for miscarriage or fatal pregnancy. Everytime you have a child successfully you gain in your Birth stat with perks like:

Wonder Womb:
Reduces the chances of miscarriage or fatal pregnancy by 80%.

Hulk Child:
10% chance your child has excellent physical genes.

Whore Instinct:
You now have the ability to find the husband of your child even after having sex with multiple men.

Royalty Rearing:
If you have sex with royalty, your next child will be of royal blood.

Sandwich Master:
Your motherly duties has made you an expert! You make sandwiches 75% faster which increases your relationship status with your husband (more faithful, less likely to beat you, etc).

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Unfortunately nobody told them hardcore gameplay is all Dark Souls has.

The game also has an always online component where everyone is simultaneously being tracked (so people can leave each other messages, occasionally see other players in form of ghosts and invade each others worlds for help or adversity). Something KDC doesn't have, so having one difficulty is pretty pointless and cargo cultish.

Paul_cz

Arcane
No patch for GOG yet. I had some faint hopes that when Vavra said "for PC" he meant Steam and GOG simultaneously.
gog patch was released couple hours after steam one

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom