Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Divinity: Original Sin 2

Fairfax

Arcane
Will be surprised if POE 2 get same treatment.
Can't say I disagree.

My money is on a puff piece by either Cunta or the guy who wrote the last PoE review.

Unwanted

Pequod

Unwanted
The revue should add 2 things.

I.
Their """official""" reason for the deterministic hits was more tactical play with plans and setups that have a chance to work out. Chess like.
I assume that the creation of armor followed because you had to stop the mass of disables somehow.
But than why tack on an absolutely batshit insane initiave system? That I believe was added late in EA?
Banner Saga's design decision makes sense even it doesnt play well but Here...
Then again, asking for reason in game with that stat bloat and that itemization is pointless. At least one can shit on them.

II.
Some more words about the """characters""" because Larian actively REFUSED to let you make a squad because their story/ies are oh so greate.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just noticed that was written by Mortmal

That's a triple lol right there.

I was sure it was going to be luj1, but Mortmal works too. He 100% sincerely believes that the Codex staff receives payoffs.

Can't say I disagree.

My money is on a puff piece by either Cunta or the guy who wrote the last PoE review.

The guy who wrote the last PoE review is a former staff member you noob.

But yeah, I was planning on giving that to Prime Junta if he agrees. Seeing as he was kind of unhappy with at least the first version of the beta I'm not sure how positive it will be.

Unwanted

Pequod

Unwanted
Prime Briandmg:
"tranny is a future cult classic"
"i'm self ejecting"
"poe is actually boring to play"

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
now accepting poe2 activation keys
gib steam name

Blasius Multibibus

7aEeHR.jpg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I was sure it was going to be luj1, but Mortmal works too. He 100% sincerely believes that the Codex staff receives payoffs.
Stop acting innocent. We all know you're farming brofists to evade taxes and then make it big when brofists become the next happening crypto-currency.

Farewell into the night

Nice text. I played DOS2 for like 4 hours and realized that it's wrong. Can I write the next review>?

Cadmus

Arcane
Beautiful. Completely forgot how much butthurt can be caused by writing a negative review. I think I got the AIDS from reading Leddit too much.
I put the game on hold after fort Joy and dunno when will I get back to it. Something is definitely missing.

Zer0wing

Cipher
So, how bad was "excited dog" at writing his wet fantasies? Asking for a friend, who doesn't mind "+5%" systems, honestly!

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
This flawed piece of crap is still the best piece of crap we have, this is where we are in crpgs ( Underrail aside). Honestly I called out Larian would not change their cartoony and dumb writing, as I know POE2 will still feel like a soulless Forgotten Realms envisioned by someone with depression.

Suicidal

Arcane
EVERY TIME YOU LEVEL UP YOU HAVE TO GO ON A PILGRIMAGE TO CHECK VENDORS FOR 36 ITEMS TO REPLACE YOUR PREVIOUS SET. EVERY SINGLE TIME. THIS IS THE FIRST RPG THAT ACTUALLY MANAGED TO MAKE ME GO "OH SHIT, I LEVELED UP AGAIN. FUN IS OVER"

Why though?

The game is not difficult enough to warrant this kind of autism. I remember some of my party members having level 4-5 items well into act 3.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane

Can't say I disagree.

The guy who wrote the last PoE review is a former staff member you noob.

But yeah, I was planning on giving that to Prime Junta if he agrees. Seeing as he was kind of unhappy with at least the first version of the beta I'm not sure how positive it will be.

Well you are spending a considerable amount of time posting news for the dex, yet you never play any of those games . If its not passion for gaming, If you dont get anything from it, is it some form of insanity ?

I noticed the curator list is firmly locked in your hands and some games get instantly added , like everything beamdog published in a single night.Or strangely some early access no one here talk about like stellar tactics. If you dont get anything from it , what is it ? Deep friendship with some devs ?

I started thinking codex was receiving payoff during the MMX release, staff was odly positive about that game, i remember even crooked bee saying stuff like "every game has its haters" as if we were some happy community loving everything....Review by sceptic was dubious as he absolutely hated the game according his previous posts but now the game is a "must have must play".
Everything smell of payoff and free cdkeys, it smelled of Ubisoft.

Now POE2 , will get prima junta gentle thai massage first and maybe the roxxor's rough treatment, later, not sure . How is that fair larian only get one negative review ? Even if prima is grumpy and disgruntled the POE2 review wont be 1/10 as negative as roxxor's review.

Mortmal

Arcane
Still a good game men. When it's done.
Always have to be extremely cautious with early access, it can be abandonned like many and devs working on stellar tactics 2 instead. Wouldnt recommend any early access except rimworld wich was already a full game since many months.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
actually its a well-known fact that my riches equal the GDP of Moldova, and you can be sure as hell that i wouldnt accumulate all that wealth from patreon alone

so its time to come out: yes i've been receiving huge paychecks for all muh revios

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For the record, I certainly would have preferred to publish a more positive review of D:OS 2 (more representative of the community's opinion) but unfortunately no one stepped up. The game came out almost six months ago, there was plenty of time. We didn't have a choice between a positive review and a negative review, we had a choice between a negative review and no review.

That said, Larian have gotten enough praise and they definitely deserved this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom