Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I googled "furry disco" to find a video to post as a joke. Today I learned "furry rave" is a thing.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
God damn it! You fuckers just had to keep making the same idiotic furry joke and now they’re going with a massively inferior title. This is why we can’t have nice things.

I reiterate, No Truce with the Furies was the coolest name for any work of art/entertainment in decades. It sounds like it should be a really awesome painting or a lost play by Aeschylus (maybe the original title for the Oresteia) or the memoirs of a rock star who’s destined to die of an overdose. For a game about a cop who’s presumably haunted by his own personal demons, it’s perfect; I say that without a trace of hyperbole.

Disco Elysium is... not perfect. I’m not going to call it word salad, but it’s too close to word salad for comfort. The tone is so much lighter than No Truce. It wouldn’t even be a good name for a dance club.

Why, ZA/UM? WHY!?

Thought Cabinet is really an allegory for toilet.

You guys need to do some serious reshuffling in your collective thought cabinet. How did this happen? Who thought Disco Elysium was a good idea?

I know it’s just a title, but come on

EDIT: on the other hand, if you guys aren’t going to use it, how much for the trademark?

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Where is the "we dont cater to to the market where they have no attention span above 2 words" thing.

Either the world is dangerously low on supply of people who dont have the attention span of reading above 2 words or they are trying to cater to a more unspecified market.

Still excited for the game tho

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Kasparoff said:
Thought Cabinet is really an allegory for toilet.
You guys need to do some serious reshuffling in your collective thought cabinet. How did this happen? Who thought Disco Elysium was a good idea?
Hey-hey-hey, don't go around stirring up shit, man!

Where is the "we dont cater to to the market where they have no attention span above 2 words" thing.

Would you like us to cater to your tastes and go back to NTwtF?

Still excited for the game tho
Good stuff, man. So am I :D

lol:
RPGCodex
“Disco Elysium has become one of the Codex’s most anticipated games.”
We're big boys now. We retcon like the best of them.

You guys are prime detective material, though. So without further ado:

BnRCzXC.png

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
What i like better than no truce is the detective RPG tagline which is better than police procedural RPG.

Will there be a homage to the original title at least? Quest name, or conversation like "hey steve, there really is no truce with the furies!"

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Would you like us to cater to your tastes and go back to NTwtF?

Obviously!

I forgive you, though. Reading all the text in the new trailer makes makes me forget all about the title atrocity. "Stockpile alcohol for the coming apocalypse" and "find cigarettes" are exactly the kind of quests I can get behind.

Last edited:

Liquorice

Educated
Will there be a homage to the original title at least? Quest name, or conversation like "hey steve, there really is no truce with the furies!"
yes.png
Please give the game the dialogue line "Forget it *protagonists's name*, there's No Truce With The Furies™." Ideally followed by a cut to black and credits

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
No disrespect, Kasparov, but the new name kind of sucks :( Wish you had stuck with the old one.

Eh, I'm looking forward to playing your game, bro :)

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
This has probably been answered 200 pages ago but I'm not looking through all that.
How many people does the studio have working on the game?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will miss No Truce, will be looking for the secret menu option that lets me enable the original title screen :obviously:
I'll be renaming my desktop shortcut too so take that revisionists

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Damn furries,that's why we can't have nice things,they ruin everything
:killit:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom