Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
GOKU JUST WENT ULTRA INSTINCT ON JIRENS ASS

Bonerbill

Augur
Sorry to read that man, I didn't want to push you to anything. My apologies, that's even harder to write than to be reminded of this sort of things.

To lighten up the mood, here's a tweet.

That short haired chick looks pregnant. I always thought she was a lesbian

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
The one in the middle holding the gun.. :prosper:

I would probably do the red shirt and glasses in front row, and the lady 2nd from the left in the front row.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
To feed the stereotype - I just don't understand why a lot of them are fat. What is it with this industry/hobby that makes chicks fat? Or is it simply because they are American?

It's a sedentary industry that rewards long hours spent hunched over a desk, often eating less than healthy (aka most American food court) food, and has less requirements for physical appearance and attractiveness than something like sales or marketing. Is it any surprise that people of both genders in that industry tend to be overweight and out of shape? As long as the actual product (aka game) is good, who cares?

Source: Am in the industry, albeit engineering in general, not game-development.

Back on topic... cats are awesome. And that's the third time in the last week I've seen that Futurama clip and it makes me sad every time. A cat would have just said fuck this and moved on.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
A lot of industries rely on sedentary activities and usually it's an individual responsibility to work out and don't stuff your face with garbage all the time, yet there are disproportionately high number of fat chicks in this industry. At least I've noticed that if you are a woman interested in vidya gaems it's more probable you are fat. Maybe nerd chicks are like that in general? Maybe I notice them more because women are comparatively fewer than men in this hobby/industry. Saying "feminism did it" sounds like an easy way out of a more complicated situation. There's probably some connection, though.

Bonerbill

Augur
A lot of industries rely on sedentary activities and usually it's an individual responsibility to work out and don't stuff your face with garbage all the time, yet there are disproportionately high number of fat chicks in this industry. At least I've noticed that if you are a woman interested in vidya gaems it's more probable you are fat. Maybe nerd chicks are like that in general? Maybe I notice them more because women are comparatively fewer than men in this hobby/industry. Saying "feminism did it" sounds like an easy way out of a more complicated situation. There's probably some connection, though.

You're over thinking this. Americans are just fat. We eat a bunch of fast food and rarely exercise. That's all. It's not limited to videogame jobs.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The one in the middle holding the gun.. :prosper:

I would probably do the red shirt and glasses in front row, and the lady 2nd from the left in the front row.

That's obviously a trans diversity hire, that being said, im still undecided on the gender fluidity of...

1.png

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Not gamedev per se but in the competitive PC AusCoD scene post 2010 there were a number of girls who played in the top 20 or so teams. A couple were curvy, the others were normal (au8-12) and there was one skinny asian girl. It's weird there were 0 in 2008 and 8-10 by 2013.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
I really deeply regret posting that tweet. I just wanted to laugh at the incredible amount of dyed hair, tattoos and other curiosities of the XXIst century.
You're more eager to note that chicks are fat than dudes, it seems. Would you bodyshame MCA, Tim Cain or Brian Heins ? Shame on you.

Mazisky

Magister
The sad thing is that many obese women have good face traits, this means that if they manage to reach a normal shape they could be pretty handsome.

Sannom

Augur
To feed the stereotype - I just don't understand why a lot of them are fat. What is it with this industry/hobby that makes chicks fat? Or is it simply because they are American?
Americans love themselves some sugar in everything. Even their mustard tastes sweet!

How are cats better?
They can take care of themselves pretty well. They're the best choice for someone who wants a pet with limited responsibility attached. Our first cat spent most of her time outside hunting in the woods and would GTFO whenever she had kittens and we tried to keep them in the house. I still don't know how she managed to take them outside, I'm pretty sure we closed the door.

Trashos

Arcane
Front row, the 2nd one from the left looks pretty good on the 1st pic.

You're more eager to note that chicks are fat than dudes, it seems. Would you bodyshame MCA, Tim Cain or Brian Heins ? Shame on you.

I believe in both genders taking care of their bodies, but of course being a fat chick and being a fat dude is not the same thing. That said, let any of those women create a PST or a Fallout, and I promise you I 'll fuck her out of gratitude.

Has MCA let himself go?

Sannom

Augur
He's not fat, but last we saw him in the same room as Tim Cain (he was still at Obsidian back then), he came off as less fat (but not skinny) yet strikingly less fuckable.

Bonerbill

Augur
Front row, the 2nd one from the left looks pretty good on the 1st pic.

I believe in both genders taking care of their bodies, but of course being a fat chick and being a fat dude is not the same thing. That said, let any of those women create a PST or a Fallout, and I promise you I 'll fuck her out of gratitude.

Has MCA let himself go?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
A lot of fat in one picture. Only fuckable one for me is the gypsy on the upper right corner,only when i am dead drunk that is. Another one is the milf with the glasses on the front row left of the fat one with the sword.

Mazisky

Magister
Fun fact: after some rough calculations, the overall weight of all people in that picture is a straight 1.000 kg.
I would say balanced.

:balance:

Mazisky

Magister
Fun fact: after some rough calculations, the overall weight of all people in that picture is a straight 1.000 kg.
I would say balanced.
More like 2000kg, i am 110 kg and look like half the size of half the people in this picture.

Nope. They are women, they are shorter and the height influence weight a lot.
An obese dwarf weight is less than a skinny giant.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wtf has this place become? First, a long discussion about the female portraits and now complaining about that tweet.
Is this what the Codex has become?
Blank+_47d938af1995666165658cf16485a172.jpg

Flou

Arbiter
I really deeply regret posting that tweet. I just wanted to laugh at the incredible amount of dyed hair, tattoos and other curiosities of the XXIst century.

This is Codex. What did you expect to happen? Most of the people here probably haven't gotten laid in a decade without paying someone for it.
The same thing happened last year and I believe the year before that when Obsidian had a women's day picture released. No wonder the staff willing to pose in such picture diminishes every year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom