Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Regardless of the RPG Codex echochamber that tells us Fallout 4 and/or Creation Club is worse than Hitler, it is a cold hard fact that Fallout's reputation has been greatly enhanced thanks to Bethesda and their acquisition of the license. They put Fallout on the map.

Prior to Fallout 3 most people hadn't heard of Fallout except for maybe its biggest flop on consoles Brotherhood of Steel or as a niche post-apocalyptic rpg on PC. Bethesda took the license and transformed it from a nostalgically popular PC game into an international property that is recognized worldwide and headlines at E3 to cheering crowds.

It was Bethesda's stylistic choices, from the design of the Pip boy to the choice of old timey radio station, that gave it its broad appeal to audiences, from young to old.

I'd say that Fallout's reputation has already been assured for the next decade and beyond.

EGarak

Literate
Randy Pitchford is correct in preventing any old builds of DNF from ever seeing the light of day.

TedNugent

Arcane
I only played Skyrim for 2 hours. An hour of that was spent in the character creation screen creating the perfect orc face.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Aerie is the best girl in gaming history and every woman I meet must pass the Aerie test if she wishes to carry my clutch.

Telengard

Arcane
What's the percentage of people left on the Codex who even know who Aerie is? Less than 10%? 5%?

And if the above is not already a true statement, it won't be that many more years before it becomes true...

Americans don't need firearms to live in a free society.

In a free society my freedom would be protected by my fully equipped and properly licensed McNuke™ Bots™ that are programmed to autonomously search for and defeat intruders upon my property.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom