Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Weeelll, you are nearing the end of something, but I wouldn't hope that it's the game :p

I must admit, I sure am hoping I complete it before my time's up at least :D

razvedchiki

Erudite
im having a real hard time installing SCS into bg2 ee 1.3 on a windows 10 laptop,it fails to install the initial component.
i have install it before in my desktop many times with a multitude of other mods with no problem.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

its that I'm starting to get the urge to just play something different for a bit
no one is stopping you.

frankly, the bg series isn't that long, but the first time through if you are reading everything and reloading from time to time, it can be stretched quite a bit.

I must have spent 100 hours on my first playthrough of BG2. Playing quests, reloading, testing other options.

I think I'm nearing the end of Baldur's Gate 2, I've just started chapter 6...
You're almost near the end of the game, but there's still an entire expansion pack for you to go through.

I will say that although the BG series has gets to cheesy levels of power, compared to most games, it at least feels right due to the length. In a game that stretches to hell and back multiple times, it's not so strange that you can hit level 40.

Compare that to NWN2 where you are hitting near godlike levels in the span of a few months and just hanging around one city. It's just more believable in BG.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Do people only ever play one game at a time? I'm currently in the middle of 3-4, while also being in the middle of a HoMM 1-4 (maybe 5) marathon, but that will probably take 1 year or more to complete with how infrequently I boot them up, HoMM1 is best played in short bursts.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I usually play one game at a time unless I've played the game before.

razvedchiki

Erudite
i used the fixpack and got up to installing the ai component where it failed the install due to

"Failure("resource [%BLESS%.spl] not found for 'COPY'")" for the SCS Component 5900: Initialise AI components."

i searched around and many had the same issue before but no solution.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I managed to get it to run along with Spell Revisions. I don't know exactly what I did, but I remember googling it and coming across the solution and I remember that you didn't have to install SR along with it if you don't want to.

razvedchiki

Erudite
i dont use spell revisions,the mods i use with scs are these

-ascesion
-rogue rebalance
-atweaks
-unfinished business
- almaterias restoration project.

i have installed them countless times before with no problem,dont know what this new devilry is about.

Parabalus

Arcane
i dont use spell revisions,the mods i use with scs are these

-ascesion
-rogue rebalance
-atweaks
-unfinished business
- almaterias restoration project.

i have installed them countless times before with no problem,dont know what this new devilry is about.

I have basically that + UI mod + some content from a BWS install in November I think, went without a hitch.

I'd try installing that on Bg2 with BWS, if it fails try to install BWS EET with those, if that fails try manually - no need to get your hands dirty.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
The last time I did a clean BWS install, I didn't encounter any problems. It can "hang up" occasionally because it's doing disk intensive stuff, or more likely it wants input from the player. If you can't find a screen requiring you to press Y or N, just run BWS again and it should work. Problems generally arise when you install a buttload of mods as you'll run into conflicts. The setup program is pretty good about warning you of such issues though.

razvedchiki

Erudite
it hang up on scs for about 1 and a half hour,after i cancel it i checked weidu and saw it had installed everything exept some scs stuff and atweaks.
i used ub,restoration project,rr,scs,atweaks,quest pack.

razvedchiki

Erudite
so i gave it a try today,it froze again at halfway installing scs,i exited and reinstalled again and it continued from where it had stopped.
what i noticed is that its extremely slow,im on 4 hours and havent finished yet,and that is on a ssd.
the same mods in my desktop dont take more than 40 mins-1 hour.

it finaly finished after 5 fuckng hours what the fuck,also despite rogue rebalance always must be before scs in the load order it placed some components after scs WHAT A FUCKING STUPID TOOL

Last edited:

Melcar

Arcane
It takes a while. I recently found out that if you bif (or whatever) your install folder it speeds up things considerably. At least it does so when running the game under Wine.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom