Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Codex Year of the Donut
What the hell is wrong with the guards in Rattay? Almost every time I go into town, one of them starts chasing me, sometimes from halfway across the map because he wants to search me. Except they don't do shit when they catch up with me, I can no longer interact with anything except "press G to surrender". If I surrender, then they interact with me.

Anyway, since almost everything I own has been stolen someway or another, I refuse to surrender and, since they just blindly follow me around, I made a new racket out of it where I draw them somewhere without witnesses, kill them and pawn their shit. Feels good man.
:smug:

The more you steal in a given area, the more frequent will be the searches.
that policy sounds pretty racist to me tbh

Zlaja

Arcane
I think I am supposed to find counterfieting merchants, but there is not clear directions.

When you're tasked with meeting with the merchant the game marks an area where you're supposed to meet him.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ok, Money for Old Rope quest for the Rattay executioner:
How do the fuck do I ruin the other executioner's sword? I've been exactly what this guy (https://youtu.be/c_0cf6ZBI-Y?t=32m37s) is doing and at the same place, I've even managed to get the sword at 0% condition but somehow Henry doesn't acknoledge that the blade is ruined.
Is it a bug or what?
Go and dull it a little bit more,it is possible that you sharpened it a little bit. You just have to put it back in the chest. I had no problem with two times i finished this quest.
i killed the executioner, he didn’t liked that solution.
Well duh,he told you to not kill him.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
"LMAO my GF finished this game twice since it's been out. Mid game is incredibly easy killing anything in 2 hits. Also you can break the game by killing 6 people quick enough and then no one will attack you. They will just say " What was that noise?" and walk up to you doing nothing. Feel free to steal and kill as much as you want. Her second playthrough she was able to kill every single person in every single town in less than an hour, she lost like 10% of her health."

The game is immersive and exquisite artistically crafted but it shits on its own sword fighting system by making the combat trivially easy.
Why the fuck this game has no difficulty settings?

A game being buggy at release is the norm now where the impatient consumers that don't want to wait half a year after release to play, are used as bug testers.
This is the case with this game also.

I hope for a second game in the series that would be more polished and bug free and MORE FUCKIN CHALLENGING!
What is the point of having a complex combat system if you are guaranteed the kill if you randomly mash the swing button?

Parabalus

Arcane
"LMAO my GF finished this game twice since it's been out. Mid game is incredibly easy killing anything in 2 hits. Also you can break the game by killing 6 people quick enough and then no one will attack you. They will just say " What was that noise?" and walk up to you doing nothing. Feel free to steal and kill as much as you want. Her second playthrough she was able to kill every single person in every single town in less than an hour, she lost like 10% of her health."

The game is immersive and exquisite artistically crafted but it shits on its own sword fighting system by making the combat trivially easy.

They should have completely axed the combat skills and left only perks - the current skill system serves no purpose but to make you overpowered.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
All the perks feel tacked on, when I look at their effects. They either make me overpowered or shift points from one skill/attribute to another.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Why the fuck this game has no difficulty settings?

Yes, this is by far the stupidest fucking thing in the game. Advanced autism is the only explanation I have. Warhorse apparently decided they wanted to make, you know, their own Dark Souls game. And there are no diff. settings in Dark Souls either right?

Unfortunately nobody told them hardcore gameplay is all Dark Souls has. If you lower the difficulty in DS there'd be nothing left. While in KCD you still have the beautiful world, great story, entertaining characters and the AI systems to play with.

And so they went with this weird mishmash between "Normal" and "Hard" and nobody is happy - how fucking predictable was that? On one hand casuals cry about the saving system and no reticle for bow, on the other serious gamers are pissed off because the combat is so trivial after the first 10 hours.

Autism is a terrible affliction.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Just last 24 hours I have encountered first (2) quest breaking bugs. First one was during the last part of the raiders quest. I went to the same camp before during the one quest where you have to obtain cuman disguises and now it's empty. The marker doesn't point at an area like other parts of the quest so most likely I killed the guy already and now his body is gone. But I think I would have looted the proof because during that quest I looted every strange looking cuman helmet.

The other broken one was the horse race where everyone just stood still at the starting poing. Other than that I have mostly seen typical jankiness and getting stuck at bushes and streams/rivers. One funny thing that has happened couple times is that when cooking roe deer meat it turns into cooked deer kidneys. Well they pay much more so I wasn't complaining :). Game says I have played it for 120 hours :oops: (I have been sick at home for two weeks), but the game seems to count when the game is alt-tabbed to the desktop so I think there's at least 20 hours extra. And I have deliberately avoided doing main quests (due fear of bugs), in fact I only just today killed Runt.

Still no patch today? :argh:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

They should have completely axed the combat skills and left only perks - the current skill system serves no purpose but to make you overpowered.
Meh, it helps you feel super weak at the start, but their effects probably should be capped much lower and/or have diminishing gains as you level up.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Getting stuck in bushes isn't jankiness, it's an incentive to avoid bushes or be careful when going through them.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I liked that you have to jump over bushes or go around them with the horse and not go straight through them like in other games.

This game could've been so much better.
I bet it will gather a cult following that will mod it to make it more hardcore to play in combat.

Maybe in the sequel we'll have the ability to directly attack weak spots that are not covered by armor after making a riposte attack of opportunity (time slows down).
The more armored the opponent, fewer body parts to strike options.
An opponent in full plate armor suit would only be defeated by using a warhammer and bringing him to the ground by exhaustion and stab him with the dagger through the visor or joints in the armor. :)

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Maybe in the sequel we'll have the ability to directly attack weak spots that are not covered by armor after making a riposte attack of opportunity (time slows down).
The more armored the opponent, fewer body parts to strike options.
An opponent in full plate armor suit would only be defeated by using a warhammer and bringing him to the ground by exhaustion and stab him with the dagger through the visor or joints in the armor. :)

This is how it's actually working though, except for that warhammer part. If you strike an unprotected part of the body you do much more damage already. And you can only beat an armored opponent by depleting his stamina first.

Maybe it's not as apparent because they screwed up the damage balance and you can whack anyone in two swings but the underlying mechanics is there.

agris

Arcane
Patron
The patch is almost here. For the first time, the locked test branch has been migrated to a locked v1.3 branch. I would guess the only thing keeping them for releasing it right now is they don't want to drop a patch at the end of their day in case shit hits the fan.

3eaM6g4.png

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Polygon on their warhorse again, huh?

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/8/17...-will-not-commit-to-kickstarter-stretch-goals

Kingdom Come: Deliverance team will not commit to Kickstarter stretch goals
10 comments
Publisher Deep Silver says it’s not responsible for what was promised to backers

Kingdom Come: Deliverance, the role-playing game set in 15th century Bohemia, began life as a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign in 2014. Just 36 hours into that campaign, developer Warhorse Studios introduced a number of stretch goals to raise more money. These included a playable female character, a dog companion and a tournament mode.

Now, nearly a month after the game was released on Steam, Warhorse is unwilling to commit to fulfilling all of those goals. It also remains nonspecific as to the goals it will be able to fulfill, despite making the promised amount of money to do so.

“The development is currently focusing on creating the best experience for the base game as possible for as many fans as possible,” said Tobias Stolz-Zwilling, the public relations manager at Warhorse. “There is more in development including some of the KS stretch goals, but there’s no public timeframe for release yet.”

But fans have been vocal about the team’s silence regarding the original stretch goals, specifically the female character and the dog companion. Today’s statement is unlikely to satisfy them.

In early 2014, Warhorse Studios began its Kickstarter campaign with an ask of £300,000. When the campaign was completed on Feb. 20, 2014, it had raised more than £1.1 million, or the equivalent of nearly $1.7 million in today’s dollars.

In all, some 35,384 people participated in the campaign.

Screenshot_2018_03_08_10.26.37.png

The final list of stretch goals, locked in place on the Kickstarter campaign page once it was completed on Feb. 20, 2014.
Warhorse Studios
“Here is the list of things we would like to do with the extra money we raise,” Warhorse said in its campaign update on Jan. 24, 2014. It listed live in-game period music, a soundtrack featuring a symphony orchestra, a playable female character and enhanced motion capture. Later, on Feb. 7, it added in-game combat lessons and companion videos as a goal along with a single-player tournament mode “as a way of earning bragging rights with your buddies.” Finally, on Feb. 17, it promised a dog companion.

“We still should be able to implement [the dog companion] within the limits of our budget that is, honestly, even with the great support from Kickstarter backers, still very tight,” Warhorse said at the time, “because our game is much more expensive than one million pounds.”

Clearly that budget went a little over. That’s why, in September 2016, the team announced that it had entered into a co-publishing agreement with Deep Silver in order to help get the game finished.

Reached for comment, a Deep Silver spokesperson said the company was not participating in any of the stretch goals.

“Deep Silver isn’t involved with their Kickstarter campaign as their publishing agreement came after the Kickstarter,” the representative said.

Since launch, Kingdom Come has been plagued by technical issues. These have led to extremely large patches, the first of which was more than 23 GB. The size of the patches is the result of bugs and other errors in the retail version of the game. The most recent patch was issued on Feb. 20. It is clearly these fixes that are occupying the team at this time.

Ultimately, it seems, the responsibility of returning to complete the stretch goals falls on Warhorse alone.

Good thing Vavra is quick to respond.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It must be shocking to these people to realize that devs can actually punch back now.

Update: Daniel Vávra, creative director at Warhorse, specified that the playable female character and dog companion are still in the works. They will be free for all backers “as well as other stuff.” We’ve also updated the headline to reflect comments from Vávra.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I should learn to control my urge to play new games, because again and again it turns out I'm playing the inferior version at launch.

:negative:

In two 1 to 2 years time the AI and the quest bugs will be patched out, you will have a dog companion and you can take part in tournaments.

Drax

Arcane
I should learn to control my urge to play new games, because again and again it turns out I'm playing the inferior version at launch.

:negative:

In two 1 to 2 years time the AI and the quest bugs will be patched out, you will have a dog companion and you can take part in tournaments.
Yeah, I'm still waiting until at least the quest-stopping bugs get fixed and performance is optimized a little.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Oh look, another hit piece by SJW rags. Thankfully Vavra is on the ball once again.

Yeah, the whole article is completely retarded. The only reason these journos can bust Vavra's balls is bc KCD is a Kickstarter project and they had to be completely transparent from the get go.

Name me one game where the devs delivered on every single feature they had dreamed before the development started. I don't think there has ever been any. Everybody has to cut back and scale down, everybody aims higher than they eventually shoot.

As Viktor Bocan, KCD technical designer, said: "If you set yourself a modest goal the best scenario is you'll reach it."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom