Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy 15

Modron

Arcane
Wasn't it cracked a week before release?

Mortmal

Arcane
is this shit cracked yet or what
Dont waste your time, get a russian key its 30 euros, 150 gigas on torrent will be too slow and you risk corrupt download, for an incomplete version with memory leak.

Ash

Arcane
Dont waste your time, get a russian key its 30 euros, 150 gigas on torrent will be too slow and you risk corrupt download, for an incomplete version with memory leak.

fixed.

Everyone is saying it's hot garbage. It looks like hot garbage. Square Enix have a track record of making hot garbage. I wouldn't waste my time.

Mortmal

Arcane
81 on metacritic on reviews, 75 user score lower mostly cause of the dlc and pricing . Wouldnt call that garbage. Worth it for 30 euros or less.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Did someone try it with the Gordon Freeman mod ? Does it make the game better ?

Yes, no need for Half Life 3 at this point as this DLC ties up all the loose ends of Episode 2.

is this shit cracked yet or what

Yes, but last I checked the DLC was not included so you might have to wait on that if you're actually retarded enough to even consider playing this game.

Mortmal

Arcane
You're assuming popular opinion is worth a damn in any modern gaming context other than the Codex's consensus. And even that can be shitty at times.

Look
at
this
shitty
shit
Codex consensus dont mean shit ,this sub forum was created to protect others from asia's abominations , reading here means you are already a deviant by codex standard. Following codex perceived consensus can lead to grave mistake too, like buying elex for exemple.Metacritic is useful to take the temperature nothing more or less.FF15 is a good JRPG, not going to run outside my house naked screaming ITS AWESOME! AWESOME!, but its ok and as entertaining as any AAA. Saying it get some inspirations from dragon age inquisition or mass effect isnt far from the truth although.

Max Stats

Liturgist
I'm not saying don't get it, but I paid $40 for the PS4 version last year and got bored of it by the time I got to the gas station. I think I spent more time in one of the demos. Maybe that was part of the problem.:hmmm:

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
What exactly is the combat in this game?

I mostly liked FF series for being Wizardry-light for most of the time. As I understand starting with 12 they became more like Might & Magic - you prepare for the battle by chosing the right setup of abilities and in battle itself you mostly press attack button and sometimes use some special spell.. You could see that even in FF8 which had an interesting deep system which it never explained properly and FF10 had a compromise of making most of the character development railroaded for most of the game so you played simple tactical combat mostly and it postgame it all opened up.

I haven't played FF13 to any length but I suspect they went for something similar to FF10 with railroaded character development (at least for some time) but with combat being sort of Might & Magic with switching roles from time to time. How does it work in here?

Arthandas

Liturgist
I'm currently playing Nier Automata and what you've described sounds similar.
I-Will-Find-You-And-I-Will-Kill-You-Liam-Neeson-In-Taken.gif

Mortmal

Arcane
What exactly is the combat in this game?

I mostly liked FF series for being Wizardry-light for most of the time. As I understand starting with 12 they became more like Might & Magic - you prepare for the battle by chosing the right setup of abilities and in battle itself you mostly press attack button and sometimes use some special spell.. You could see that even in FF8 which had an interesting deep system which it never explained properly and FF10 had a compromise of making most of the character development railroaded for most of the game so you played simple tactical combat mostly and it postgame it all opened up.

I haven't played FF13 to any length but I suspect they went for something similar to FF10 with railroaded character development (at least for some time) but with combat being sort of Might & Magic with switching roles from time to time. How does it work in here?

FFXV:

No control over companions.
You enter battles by approaching enemies on the map. There's an awareness meter.
Hold down one button to combo, switch between weapons with varying effects.
Hold down one button to dodge.
Dodge button also functions as a parry.
Enemies can pin you and you need to mash to get free.
You can order companions to attack people once a meter has filled up.
Losing all health makes you/companion stumble around like a drunk, potions fix this.
You find resource nodes of elements around the world map, can combine items and other shit with them to make magical grenades.
Summons are triggered by certain criteria, but generally can't be easily activated. Using a summon typically ends the fight.
You eventually get the Armiger, which is basically the "overcharge mode" many of those stylish action games have like in GoW or DMC.
Game is generally easy.
Yes summons that completely erase the battlefield and also kill your pc performances until you restart game .Too bad else the game is technically perfect.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
So, what you think about this gaem. Is gud, or bad, or gud for what it is?

I was enjoyng it when I was playing it time ago, but the all those fucking ellipsis completely destroy the story. The combat and sidequest are bland.

At least we can agree Aranea is the best waifu in the series right.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
When you thought there will be no more platforms left to make exclusive items:

9d5bb24c4e1b5e7113ba8a0baf8843c3aa3100e6.png

http://steamcommunity.com/games/637650/announcements/detail/1665643240471790756

22/03/18 - Patch Notes

Additional functions
Content support for Twitch Prime members – Kooky chocobo now available to use in game.
Additional in-game option for switching over the Enter/Cancel buttons.
Additional in-game option for border-less full screen.

Bug fixes
NVIDIA Ansel bug fixes.
AMD Phenom II Processors compatibility fixes – FFXV Windows Edition boot up issues now fixed.
Several minor bug fixes.

Falksi

Arcane
On reflection I think FF15 is in contention for my own personal "worst game ever".

It's definitely in the top 5. I'm struggling to thnk of any other games which felt so pointless, and failed on every single level it is supposed to work on.

There's bad and there's spectacularly bad, and FF15 is beyond them both. I think the only people who can like it are those so desperate for friendship, that they actually feel as if one of these virtual homos are their buddy.

Drakron

Arcane
Pre-release numbers on Steamspy look better than Kingdom Come: https://steamspy.com/app/637650

HYPE!HYPE!HTPEHYPE!

The unenlightened masses
They cannot make the judgement call
Give up free will forever their voices won't be heard at all
Display obedience
While never stepping out of line
And blindly swear allegiance
Let your country control your mind

Live in ignorance
And purchase your happiness
When blood and sweat is the real cost
Thinking ceases, the truth is lost
Don't you worry
You'll be told exactly what to do
I give my people the lives they need
The righteous will succeed

But all is lost?
https://steamspy.com/app/379430

275k vs 646k as of now ...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom