Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Turned out to be locale problem. Started playing now. Any tips for first run?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Turned out to be locale problem. Started playing now. Any tips for first run?
Try to get as many different bad ends as possible.
I think there's 3 in japan?
That way you'll have bunch of NG+ points next time around, other than that prepare your anus because of the strict time limits.
Bad ends give you NG+ points? That's sadistic.

TigerKnee

Arcane
There's like 18 specific endings that give you points which are a mix of good and bad ones and an achievement-looking message pops up whenever you complete one - there's a page in the options menu to view them all and get some hints.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Try to get as far as you can with your first run. It's certainly possible to get any good ending without New Game+ bonuses and you'll feel more satisfied. According to playtesters, the game was balanced without those bonuses; the bonuses are meant to help with higher difficulty levels. From my experience, everything in the game *is* doable without bonuses.

I have a thread in Codex Playground with some basic gameplay tips.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Did translation guide from the PDF on /vg/ and for some reason, dialogue text doesn't appear on two translator lines I use. Anybody had such problem?
EDIT: Updated image. For some reason, the description of events works without problem.

dRn7Wtq.jpg

TigerKnee

Arcane
This new patch fucks up my read text and it's a mess where they both unmark text I already read and vice versa, so if you haven't already started playing the game, maybe you might want to wait a while for it to become more stable.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Boy oh boy.
First I thought I was already fucked up in the sea invasion route when my underleveled squad had trouble not losing half their health to regular enemies. Then I discovered Freya has an instant kill and ASSASSINATION IS EASY if you savescum like in Sengoku. I wish the OCR didn't spout some random shit about cicadas when I try to translate the ability descriptions, figuring them out by trial and error is so time consuming. Then I run into Kayblis, but I bullied the cat instead of fucking the doll so I got the far shittier power up on top of not saving Merim in this run. Now I can't seem to beat the squirrel since he outlasts me.

Last edited:

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
Undesirable things happen if you don't deal with the first Dark Lord before the end of turn 5.
Cecil is a damn good card, her first skill gives boost to a random ally who hasn't used it's action yet and the other one halves the current health of a non-boss enemy with 75% chance to hit.
Don't try Rance's solo challenge unless you have the Rance card with ranged attack.
Second operation gives Nunuhara who passively forces weakness on enemy every turn, crazy good.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Had to change my plan, because I figured out what Baboshit do if you don't kill him by turn 3. Well, shit. At least I cleaned Zeth in one run, but Medusa gave me hard time.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
If you are talking about the regular Babolat fight, it leads to instant kill if his buff counter rises to 4. You can extend the fight by removing the buff with Miracle/Magic/Crane or whatever.

Jason Liang

Arcane
It's a good side-quest in terms of experience and treasure and you get a free Alex Valse card but if you already have Alex you should skip rescuing Kamilla since it doesn't give any Swords.

Supposedly Kamilla will join you automatically if you are winning the land war.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Trying to salvage my first-run game on turn 14...
I can almost get land route, but not quite since Zeth doesn't self-liberate until turn 15. Although perhaps if I redid turn 11 maybe I can get Zeth there a turn faster. Anyway all the countries are liberated, unforunately it takes end of turn 14.

I can't get sea route since I took the Maria path in the Free Cities campaign (grrr...)

Sky route doesn't show up and I have no idea what its triggers are. Do I need to do the Toushin Toshi quest and which round do I need to do it.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
Trying to salvage my first-run game on turn 14...
I can almost get land route, but not quite since Zeth doesn't self-liberate until turn 15. Although perhaps if I redid turn 11 maybe I can get Zeth there a turn faster. Anyway all the countries are liberated, unforunately it takes end of turn 14.

I can't get sea route since I took the Maria path in the Free Cities campaign (grrr...)

Sky route doesn't show up and I have no idea what its triggers are. Do I need to do the Toushin Toshi quest and which round do I need to do it.

Choosing route in Free Cities has no influence in whether you get the sea route or not, you just need to choose the Copandon event in green phase and choose the right option.

Got stuck in the Sea route
I thought I had a strong team, but can't get through the "guards". There is an event when assaulting Kaybilis' castle where you have to beat 3 groups of strong guards in 5 turns. If you get even a single Draw you get a game over later. And since you dont have the full roster you have to do what you can with your team.

By fighting legit the bastards are always over 30% of health by the end. Once I got my main damage dealer getting 2 superboosts in a row so I beat one. I had a naked Pastel card that for 5ap kill all non boses. But then I have no way of dealing with the last fight. I heard suggestion that character with assassinate can deal with that, but I have none...
:argh:
At least I have 4cp in total now. Managed to 1-shot Free Cities with 2cp, and overall almost had the war won by turn 11.

If I manage to get a pair of A endings I will go for the True route next.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
Choosing route in Free Cities has no influence in whether you get the sea route or not, you just need to choose the Copandon event in green phase and choose the right option.

So you were supposed to reject her idea? I chose to accept her idea...

There must be another trigger for sky route since I can't find any of the events people are describing, going all the way back to turn 9.

Last edited:

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
Freya, Dossky and Katyusha have instant kill skills that can deal with the guards if you savescum enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom