Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
female shark neanderthal

what

are you talking about Maia Rua or...

this is her portrait
9yUuErp.png

this is her in-game model
oAL1ywC.jpg

if finding these okay or even mildly attractive make me an SJW I guess I fucking am one
found the character I'm going to romance

Bocha

Novice
I think Bioware Obsidian, will get goty 2018 awards...be ready to ride the shark!!:mixedemotions:

Flou

Arbiter
I'm seeing all these new writers on PoE2 and all I can think of is: What the fuck happened to Travis Stout, Jesse Farrell, Rob Lee, and all those folks? Obsidian had very good writers, where are they?

MCA (If I recall right) said that Farrell is back at Obsidian.

Robert is starting an indie company in Ohio(?).

Last edited:

mildTea

Learned
Isn't this game taking place 2 years after the end of PoE? How does that make Eder, or anyone else, "older"? Pallegina was 25 in PoE1, yet she looks aged decades in her new portrait as well as looking like a completely different person.

Descending through 15 levels of Caed Nua sucks the life out of you.

So the autistic aspie focus on balance over fun, prosperous rtwp combat, lack of xp for murder remain as expected.

The bland exposition vomit dump by a historyfag is presumably here to stay; now with faggy sjw romances and xir gendered companions. So much to look forward too!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
None of that is true, lol. Except the rtwp combat, obviously. The balance is non-existent in a bad way, there has always been xp for combat, I don't think there's a single transgendered character and there are no exposition dumps in Tikawara, it's all handled by the hyperlinks.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Purge romance fags.

Purge the non-human companions. Except the cool looking orlan dude.
I think we can have a civil discussion on why Orlans need to be purged as well. Does the world (of Eora) really need Ewoks walking around? I say no.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
So the autistic aspie focus on balance over fun, prosperous rtwp combat, lack of xp for murder remain as expected.

The bland exposition vomit dump by a historyfag is presumably here to stay; now with faggy sjw romances and xir gendered companions. So much to look forward too!
Dude, you should at least read the thread or watch a video of the game first. There are a lot of overpowered combinations on the beta, and casters were cut down a peg. Furthermore, you do get XP for killing creatures, it's just capped after a certain point.

Purge everyone that isn't orlan!
Only an Orlan deals in absolutes!

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
I think Bioware Obsidian, will get goty 2018 awards...be ready to ride the shark!!:mixedemotions:
Ride the shark.

An expression from the early XXIst century, is said of someone who's in the process of willingly doing something he knows he won't enjoy, with little to no hope that he could actually enjoy it. Is also used in its past form for people who did such a thing and felt just as jaded as they expected to be.

- So, CHARNAME, now that we're alone on this unsullied beach, what about doing this thing we talked about on the ship ? Wanna ride the shark ?
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

- *Sigh* Ride the shark indeed...
takes off his pants

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
My post will be proven in a month,will be fun to read to codex with a glass of wine. This days every game have gays,trannies,niggers and every other minority,oppression,strong ugly feminist and all kind of progressive pandering shit. I am tired of all that endless idiocy,you goys can go and balance Sawyer's dick on your tongue,as much as you like.:salute: This game will be yet another step on the decline of RPGs.

Lacrymas

Arcane
We know there will be gays and non-whites, we don't know know anything about trannies, but who cares. There are much bigger problems than the mere existence of whatever minority de jour, both irl and in-game, but the endless whining about them is exhausting and virtually pointless. At this point, I hope someone makes a game in which everyone is uncannily white and straight to the point of caricature.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
We know there will be gays and non-whites, we don't know know anything about trannies, but who cares. There are much bigger problems than the mere existence of whatever minority de jour, both irl and in-game, but the endless whining about them is exhausting and virtually pointless. At this point, I hope someone makes a game in which everyone is uncannily white and straight to the point of caricature.
Don't you have some pointless mechanic to whine about....you know like all of them?

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
My post will be proven in a month,will be fun to read to codex with a glass of wine. This days every game have gays,trannies,niggers and every other minority,oppression,strong ugly feminist and all kind of progressive pandering shit. I am tired of all that endless idiocy,you goys can go and balance Sawyer's dick on your tongue,as much as you like.:salute: This game will be yet another step on the decline of RPGs.

I miss the days when Bulgarians were a minority.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Bestiary xp is not combat xp. it doesnt provide xp for murdering humans and eventually stops after a few fights.

As for the OP multiclasses in beta, Swayer wil surely neuter all the known ones.
I respectfully disagree. It is combat XP, just renamed and far more limited.

I do not see how he can neuter the combinations for the simple reason the beta level range is so limited. Moreover, I do not know how Jsawyer can balance the latter levels. I would cite back the PoE1 beta, where Priests appeared average, but at higher level Priest became OP as hell.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Not only that, but the lack of hard counters relegated the Priest to sub-par support at first, they didn't become really crazy until the WM patches came. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but they have less than a month before release, yet there's no beta update. Come on, Obsidian, are you going to release the game in an untested and random manner? That's probably exactly what they'll do, actually. Sooooo, don't know what to think about that, except that it's obvious I'm going to wait for patches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom