Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I guess racism is the new wave.

games and movies need to be openly racist in order to succeed.

polygon said so, so it's time to get with the times, game devs.

Modern nazis are just hipsters and sissies, just like all the male SJWs and feminists. There are no real animals and tyrants anymore, not among the youngest generation.

Today nazis would bumrush theaters if somebody made an introspective historical probe into Hitler's self doubt and repressed intersectionality.

Delterius

Arcane
How the fuck does a guy from Switzerland of all places end up having white guilt.

:deathclaw:

Because they keep oppressing Liechtenstein.
Swiss commanders had overlooked the fact that Triesenberg was not on Swiss territory.

The construction of this phrase is so autistic, I mean:

Triesen_in_Liechtenstein.svg

Sure, Liechtenstein is tiny and Trisenberg is a village of 3 people and a donkey but if you 'forget that's not switzerland' you might as well forget Liechtenstein is independent.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How the fuck does a guy from Switzerland of all places end up having white guilt.

:deathclaw:

Because they keep oppressing Liechtenstein.
Swiss commanders had overlooked the fact that Triesenberg was not on Swiss territory.

The construction of this phrase is so autistic, I mean:

Triesen_in_Liechtenstein.svg

Sure, Liechtenstein is tiny and Trisenberg is a village of 3 people and a donkey but if you 'forget that's not switzerland' you might as well forget Liechtenstein is independent.
Come on mate,let be honest,nobody knows the name of every village in their country. Everything there sounds the same,it is all in German. They could have confuse it with something that sounds similar, some village called Trisenbergen or something. At least they have military unlike the EU,almost certain that they have more military power than Germany.

Starwars

Arcane
As much as I enjoy it when games screw around a bit with save systems, kinda annoying when you lose an hour's progress because you get stuck in a SHRUBBERY! and can't get out. And the game didn't even save when completing a rather big quest, a bit strange.

Deadass

Savant
As much as I enjoy it when games screw around a bit with save systems, kinda annoying when you lose an hour's progress because you get stuck in a SHRUBBERY! and can't get out. And the game didn't even save when completing a rather big quest, a bit strange.

you could have used fast travel to get unstuck

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The apothecary starts appearing in his shop at 10am or 10:30. I guess procrastination is common back then.

"no religious sceptics on the one hand, no religious fanatics on the other"
I wanna know what game these guys actually played.
Gamejournos play games for 2-3 hours at best.

bdfhpkK.png

The author of the article is Swiss, you fuckwit Eurotrash.

If you were actually paying attention you'd realize all of this SJW nonsense is coming from Europe in the first place.
Now that's nonsense. The SJW crap definitely started in the US(okay, maybe Canaduh). Spread like the plague and the European retards want nothing more than to be acknowledged by their American't colleagues.

I mean, you guys seemingly have more trannies in just the Americunt games industry than the entirety of the European population combined.

Nope. It started in Europe. As all things that are shit in this world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_Hirschfeld
It actually started here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_Society
(Although the roots for this were laid by the false dichotomy between the thinking of Hobbes and the thinking of Rousseau, which culminated in scientific materialism and radical constructivism respectively, the amalgam of which appears in the Fabian school of thought.)

Nael

Arcane
The apothecary starts appearing in his shop at 10am or 10:30. I guess procrastination is common back then.

bdfhpkK.png

If you were actually paying attention you'd realize all of this SJW nonsense is coming from Europe in the first place.
Now that's nonsense. The SJW crap definitely started in the US(okay, maybe Canaduh). Spread like the plague and the European retards want nothing more than to be acknowledged by their American't colleagues.

I mean, you guys seemingly have more trannies in just the Americunt games industry than the entirety of the European population combined.

It actually started here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_Society
(Although the roots for this were laid by the false dichotomy between the thinking of Hobbes and the thinking of Rousseau, which culminated in scientific materialism and radical constructivism respectively, the amalgam of which appears in the Fabian school of thought.)

I'd never heard of this...

Goddamn Anglos! :argh:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

bdfhpkK.png

Do you mean like merica? It started in Europa and it is shit. It is a good thing that we export the shit.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Haven't I taught you kids anything? Never, never fuck with a shrubbery.

Codex Year of the Donut

bdfhpkK.png

like most shit things, it started in Germany.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School
additionally: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Gramsci

Rev

Arcane
Ok, Money for Old Rope quest for the Rattay executioner:
How do the fuck do I ruin the other executioner's sword? I've been exactly what this guy (https://youtu.be/c_0cf6ZBI-Y?t=32m37s) is doing and at the same place, I've even managed to get the sword at 0% condition but somehow Henry doesn't acknoledge that the blade is ruined.
Is it a bug or what?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How do the fuck do I ruin the other executioner's sword? I've been exactly what this guy (https://youtu.be/c_0cf6ZBI-Y?t=32m37s) is doing and at the same place, I've even managed to get the sword at 0% condition but somehow Henry doesn't acknoledge that the blade is ruined.
Is it a bug or what?
Go and dull it a little bit more,it is possible that you sharpened it a little bit. You just have to put it back in the chest. I had no problem with two times i finished this quest.

Starwars

Arcane

you could have used fast travel to get unstuck

I tried that but it gave me a "you can't fast travel from this location" message.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anyone started composing a custom soundtrack for KCD? I like the music, but it gets repetitive after a while and I wish for more variance. Here is something:

Elex

Arbiter
How are you guys finishing this in 40 hours? I'm 16h in and I haven't even finished robbing Rattay blind.:negative:
i finished in circa 80 hours and i have skipped tons of side activities.

Elex

Arbiter
Is it a bug or what?
Go and dull it a little bit more,it is possible that you sharpened it a little bit. You just have to put it back in the chest. I had no problem with two times i finished this quest.
i killed the executioner, he didn’t liked that solution.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
umm this suggest me that a kingdom come deliverance about medieval swizerland mercenary will be a great game.
My mind boggles to think how many extremely good settings for a game in the lines of KCD exist, just in 15th, 16th, 17th century Europe.

I've been thinking today that whatever the time and place settting, I'd be very interested in the story of an older protagonist. If we take Vavra's three games that have seen the light of day, there is a recurring motive of the protagonists being an unassuming young man/boy who by chance ends up on one side of an ongoing war, and rises in rank among his fellow soldiers. Let's see another trope next time - an experienced soldier trying to keep up with the changing times, etc. The downside to this would be that the player doesn't start with so much of a blank slate which a young man protagonist can easily be.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Arcane
What the hell is wrong with the guards in Rattay? Almost every time I go into town, one of them starts chasing me, sometimes from halfway across the map because he wants to search me. Except they don't do shit when they catch up with me, I can no longer interact with anything except "press G to surrender". If I surrender, then they interact with me.

Anyway, since almost everything I own has been stolen someway or another, I refuse to surrender and, since they just blindly follow me around, I made a new racket out of it where I draw them somewhere without witnesses, kill them and pawn their shit. Feels good man.
:smug:

The more you steal in a given area, the more frequent will be the searches.

PrettyDeadman

I am stuck at Questions And Answers.
After I delievered the prisoner to Rattay the game told me to meet sir Radzig at his camp.
Sir Radzig told me to check his silver mines.
I've done it and now I don't know what to do next.
I think I am supposed to find counterfieting merchants, but there is not clear directions.
The prisoner himeslf is nowhere to be found and his letter tells about german knigh who investigates counterfiet money and stays at the inn near Monastery - where is noone here...

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom