Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Delterius

Arcane
sounds like nobody heard it there 'first' since everyone and everything moved onwards in the opposite direction

talk about misplaced memorandum

Murk

Arcane
I dunno, games like Walking Dead are def more on the story than on the technology side of things and they seem to do well within that market/genre.

Even in BioWare's line-up -- their games' tech is shit (and often even looks bad) but they have the "immersive and gripping epic story". I mean, I'm guessing, I haven't played any of the ME or DA games, but that's what most casuals seem to like about it.

pizza_microwave

Liturgist
I dunno, games like Walking Dead are def more on the story than on the technology side of things and they seem to do well within that market/genre.

Even in BioWare's line-up -- their games' tech is shit (and often even looks bad) but they have the "immersive and gripping epic story". I mean, I'm guessing, I haven't played any of the ME or DA games, but that's what most casuals seem to like about it.
Absolutely nothing "immersive and gripping" nor "epic" about bioware games. That said I have only played ME2. I think I've played a bit of every game but only could finish ME2.

Murk

Arcane
Absolutely nothing "immersive and gripping" nor "epic" about bioware games. That said I have only played ME2. I think I've played a bit of every game but only could finish ME2.

I'm sure I would agree if I ever played them (I won't, but you get the idea), but markets are dictated by masses not us few troglodytes. So the statement stands true for the intended audience -- "story" over "tech".

Gerrard

Arcane
Edit: From Computer Adventure Games Secrets by Prima.

InnOOi9.png
We ended up in the wrong timeline. :negative:

PorkBarrellGuy

https://www.reddit.com/r/gadgets/comments/82qx88/amazon_admits_alexa_is_creepily_laughing_at/

Alexa randomly started reciting the definition of "penis" in the middle of dinner a couple of weeks ago. I looked at the voice logs and it had slightly misrecognized something someone had said, but there was absolutely no way that either what was said or the misinterpretation of what was said could have been thought to be a request to define the word "penis". Ridiculous.

anyone who has one of those damned things in their house deserves to be fucked with

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Randy Smith (designer of Thief 1, 2 and director of Thief 3) and Viktor Antonov (visual design of Half-life 2 and Dishonored) co-founded a new studio, and they're making an immersive... MMO: https://www.mmorpg.com/news/darewis...ject-c-a-sci-fi-mmo-in-development-1000047653

47653.jpg

Darewise Entertainment, founded by "games industry visionaries Randy Smith and Viktor Antonov", have announced a brand new sci-fi MMO in development called Project C. The game features a single-shard virtual experience with the story being continually updated with new chapters and "containing a fully simulated ecosystem of creatures and resources" where players choose the outcomes and create permanent change in the world.

“Darewise has evolved, over the last year, from a publisher outsourcing the development of mid-tier games to a more traditional game development studio. We’re now maximising the tremendous expertise across the team to produce our own AAA-level games, and develop major IPs.”

Project C is the first step of this ambitious journey, to become a quality-first independent company, competing in the AAA field with truly innovative experiences. Our inspiration comes from companies such as Pixar or Bungie, who have been committed to quality and amazing company culture since day one.”

Randy Smith was a designer on Thief and Viktor Antonov was the art director on both Half-Life 2 and Dishonored. Other staff have experience on a variety of titles including Might & Magic, DOOM, Call of Duty, Mafia, The Division, Assassin's Creed and more.

Earlier this year, Darewise confirmed its partnership with Improbably Entertainment, developers of SpatialOS.

You can learn more on the Darewise site. We'll keep you posted as more is revealed.

Well, Magic Circle developer's new co-op game and this. There's no room for indie single-player immersive sims?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdirwishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdirwishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdirwishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdirwishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdirwishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdirwishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdirwishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdirwishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdirwishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdirwishdir wishdir
wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir wishdir

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom