Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The apothecary starts appearing in his shop at 10am or 10:30. I guess procrastination is common back then.

"no religious sceptics on the one hand, no religious fanatics on the other"
I wanna know what game these guys actually played.
Gamejournos play games for 2-3 hours at best.

bdfhpkK.png

The author of the article is Swiss, you fuckwit Eurotrash.

If you were actually paying attention you'd realize all of this SJW nonsense is coming from Europe in the first place.
Now that's nonsense. The SJW crap definitely started in the US(okay, maybe Canaduh). Spread like the plague and the European retards want nothing more than to be acknowledged by their American't colleagues.

I mean, you guys seemingly have more trannies in just the Americunt games industry than the entirety of the European population combined.

Pretty sure it started in France or Germany.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Smejki , I have a bug. It's in an optional route of the main quest.

If you take Ulric's help when you are scouting the mineshaft in All that Glisters...

Ulric will spawn together with you at the foot of the hill where the mineshaft is, but instead of following you, he starts running back to his spot - the camp with the two bandits, on the hill behind the monastery, where the blacksmith makes the exchanges of forged coins. Once he reaches that camp, he just leans on the tree again, and you have no Talk action for him.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
so i read this game is only selling because it is for nazis
Obviously.

Smejki , further issues with this quest:

I killed the guards outside the mine entrance, and reached the workshop. When the cutscene triggered, Ulrich was suddenly with me :) Of course. After the conversation was over, I failed to persuade him and had to fight him. He didn't put his weapon out. I switched to unarmed fighting. He didn't fight me back. In the end I killed him with punches. Finally, after turning Jezhek in, I got the journal entry at the bottom, as if I had killed Ulric after the initial chase at the coalburners' camp: "A mysterious stranger was way too interested... galloped off... unfortunately for him, lady luck was on my side this time." I'm kind of sorry for Ulric. I think I'll retry this segment without calling him for help, so I don't have to meet him in the workshop later. I hope you guys dind't come up with some lame ass decision that he has followed Henry anyway and shows up in the workshop regardless. I replayed it without Ulric, and succeeded in persuading Jezhek. You are absolved :DGreat work!

Last edited:
Well into the game now (closing in on 40 hours), and becoming more and more certain that KCD needs massive modding to its melee combat system. The good news is that the foundation is very solid, so unlike Bethesda games, mods can actually do a lot of good here, and I already see a lot of them on the Nexus that change the right things.

Here are some changes that would make the combat a lot better in my opinion:

- Remove masterstrikes from the game. Anything that cannot be countered (by you or NPCs) ruins systems.
- Remap directional input to keyboard keys (e.g. 1-5) instead of that mouse star, which is very awkward on PC
- Introduce full directional parrying, by requiring both a directional selection and parry button in a timely manner for the parry to be effective
- Remove slow-motion effect during perfect block
- Stop character skill raises from effecting enemy attack speed and defensive effectiveness, these things should be player skill based if you want an interesting system
- Instead of attacks being randomly parried or going through (depending on character/NPC skills), make their success depend on player skill, that is striking certain areas during certain times, depending on the situation, should be more effective, just like in real life. For example, if the enemy just slashed at you from left to right, striking them from the left should be a lot more effective, since their weapon is moving away from there, and they d have to bring it all the way back to parry.

This would make combat less RPGish, but I would rather have an interesting non-RPG combat system than a boring RPG one.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Couldn't wait for fix on Sassau long load times and just brute force the hard lock to get into monastery. The first room I broke into has a hint book on who to look for. In I go, clad in full plate hunting for him in broad daylight. Found his name tag and plowed him with my sword before walking out. Alternatively I could wait till nightfall and sneak in with a dagger, but fuck it, I've wasted enough time in Long Loading Sassau.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are there any really cool random encounters that get unlocked as you progress further in the main quest? I’m testing my saves to see when the random encounters stopped, but if it’s just going to be the same series of encounters I may just power through from my latest save rather than going through the trouble of replaying hours and hours of the game to reenable them.

Has anyone figured out what causes this bug yet other than that it may be related to Saviour Schnapps?

Blech... just found it. Losing four or five hours. Worth it I guess.

Things are being improved/fixed all over the place. I cannot go into any level of detail on combat as it doesn't concern me at all.

Hey bro, do you know if this is something the new patch addresses?

Beowulf

Arcane
Are there any really cool random encounters that get unlocked as you progress further in the main quest?

For me they stayed the same for the whole game.

The most interesting was the riddler, as he had something different to say every time; and mercenaries wanting to duel, as this was the best way to test difficulty mods in 1v1 fights.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are there any really cool random encounters that get unlocked as you progress further in the main quest?

For me they stayed the same for the whole game.

The most interesting was the riddler, as he had something different to say every time; and mercenaries wanting to duel, as this was the best way to test difficulty mods in 1v1 fights.

Yeah, I went back and replayed most of what I’d gone through to catch myself up. I think it was a problem with the last guy you need to find before locating the bandit camp. Every time I’d get another quest while searching for him, the encounters would stop. Took me a while to figure out what was going wrong.

Worth the time just for the mercenary, though, and toying with the occasional faint-hearted knight.

Elex

Arbiter
If there is one thing I find really irritating, it's the NPC schedules.

In 6 in the morning the sun is already up. However, most traders/services are closed until 8-9.

I don't know how much this conforms to reality, especially medieval reality, but I know that in the villages of present day, people who work the land usually try to get work started as soon as light breaks, so as to be able to do enough work before noon, when it gets hotter and thus more difficult to work. You have lunch at noon, then you work some hours more until sundown, then you go for schnapps and dinner, and go to bed *early* because it's another day tomorrow.

However, this isn't my gripe with the game, not conforming to reality. My gripe is that from the moment day breaks, I have a downtime of nearly half a day before I am able to visit traders, services (baths), or quest givers. Given that ingame time in KCD flies at an extraordinary pace (why in the first place?), this is half a day lost for questing, riding from place to place, or whacking bandits.

I've been standing for 5 hours - from 7 to 12 - in front of Radzig's scribe's room, waiting for the dumbfuck get up from sleep and open his door. This makes no sense at all.
yes is retarded for a simple reason, animals need to eat and water so you get up early take care of beasts (open the doors and let them roam around) take the fresh eggs etc etc

or think about the horses.

this is true even today, imagine in the 1403.

and shops tailor and weaponshit? yes maybe maybe the shop open later, but the smith and other artisan start to work early.

general shop and markey open early for sure, for get fresh food from farms.

and the baker? the baker should be open from 1 am

Elex

Arbiter
Somehow SJW rags can't stop covering this nazi game.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/03/05/kingdom-come-deliverance-historical-accuracy/

- Witcher 3: "It's NOT a historical game, it's fantasy FFS, so why no blacks in Poland!!11"
- KCD: "Sure it's historical but trying to be historicaly perfect is foolish so why even try. Plus all historians are biased, they must be, right? Therefore should've put more blacks in Bohemia!1!1!"

I know, at some point this is gonna stop being funny but not yet. Not yet.

where wise lords and knights protected their people from barbaric hordes threatening a well-ordered nation from without, and whose foreign ethnicity is conveniently marked by language and costumes.

lol what
since they obviously didn't pay attention in history class, maybe they should have paid attention to the game's storyline
the game ending post final battle is litterally an history lesson where noble npc explain to henry how stuff actually work and that the idea of “good guy” and “bad guy” are not what he think.

with a confused henry that ask “why people act like that?????”

so the entire game is about “well history is a point of view” and it’s not about good guy vs bad guy but more “hey who is the backstabbing asshole today??” and “your value is the value of your word” from that point of view the game is a 10/10 history lesson about “when you kill people you are never the good guy”.

Elex

Arbiter
The apothecary starts appearing in his shop at 10am or 10:30. I guess procrastination is common back then.

"no religious sceptics on the one hand, no religious fanatics on the other"
I wanna know what game these guys actually played.
Gamejournos play games for 2-3 hours at best.

bdfhpkK.png

The author of the article is Swiss, you fuckwit Eurotrash.

If you were actually paying attention you'd realize all of this SJW nonsense is coming from Europe in the first place.
Now that's nonsense. The SJW crap definitely started in the US(okay, maybe Canaduh). Spread like the plague and the European retards want nothing more than to be acknowledged by their American't colleagues.

I mean, you guys seemingly have more trannies in just the Americunt games industry than the entirety of the European population combined.

Nope. It started in Europe. As all things that are shit in this world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_Hirschfeld
usa started in europe.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Warhorse...ific-date-for-kingdom-come-deliverance-patch/

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Couldn't wait for fix on Sassau long load times and just brute force the hard lock to get into monastery. The first room I broke into has a hint book on who to look for. In I go, clad in full plate hunting for him in broad daylight. Found his name tag and plowed him with my sword before walking out. Alternatively I could wait till nightfall and sneak in with a dagger, but fuck it, I've wasted enough time in Long Loading Sassau.
You don't need lockpicking to get into there, you can just climb & jump from scaffolding. Can even shoot every apprentice in white from there during the day.

Although you want it to get teh book for a quest.

the game ending post final battle is litterally an history lesson where noble npc explain to henry how stuff actually work and that the idea of “good guy” and “bad guy” are not what he think.
Exposition is not the best way of explaining stuff in games though. Even if we concider Henry being too dumb after doing all the quests including those that have moral dilemmas in them.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

with a confused henry that ask “why people act like that?????”

so the entire game is about “well history is a point of view” and it’s not about good guy vs bad guy but more “hey who is the backstabbing asshole today??” and “your value is the value of your word” from that point of view the game is a 10/10 history lesson about “when you kill people you are never the good guy”.

Did he literally summoned me and then told me what happens in the ending?

Put that shit in the spoiler, are you fucking insane?

The game is barely a month old, jesus fucking christ people.

Vexxt

Educated
Ok - I'm 40 hours in and just finishing this game up. It's a great experience start to finish IMO, and I only encountered a few bugs\glitches that required reloads etc. There's a lot of content, and I think the quests are interesting and well thought out. Compared to the shit that this industry produces by the gross, this game is sort of a beacon of hope. I really hope other developers look at what this game did right (no hand holding, no magical bow crosshair, interesting take on melee combat, etc) and takes all of it a step further. I hope studios come to realize that the true audience of games and those that purchase are the types of people that want challenge and innovation, not force-fed political agendas or pandering.

All that being said, I can only think of two times in this game where I was genuinely annoyed with the questing. Possible spoilers:

1.) The monastery - I really like the idea of having to live like a monk all while attempting to finish your quests, since it adds a layer of time-keeping and duty to what you are already doing, but in execution it felt like a way to extend the length of the game. There were a couple times when I showed up on time to perform my duties while I was waiting for nightfall, performed my duties, but the monk still stopped me and told me I wasn't where I should have been, so I got put in solitary overnight. As such, I had to perform all the duties all over again while waiting for nightfall. It became overly laborious.

2.) The stealth rescue - This could have been so much better, especially if they let you actually rescue Sir Radzig or the Noblewoman. I understand you fail so that the siege can commence, but at a minimum it would have been great to etend the stealth to include a lot of lock-picking, stealth kills, enemy route management etc. It could have built up to perhaps rescuing only one of the two, and then escaping. Instead, you sneak in, kill two guards, whats-his-face get shot with an arrow, then you pick him up and walk back to the ladder. I feel like they must have had grand plans for this section, but ran out of time.

Still, that's not much to complain about with a game like this. Well done Warhorse!

a cut of domestic sheep prime

so i read this game is only selling because it is for nazis
I guess racism is the new wave.

games and movies need to be openly racist in order to succeed.

polygon said so, so it's time to get with the times, game devs.

jungl

Augur
If you look at the game similarities to shenmue, what vavra said influenced him. Henry sucking ass and being novice that is learning is similiar to ryu at the start of the game. End game horses with gear becoming motorcycles eventually ryu gets to ride a motorcycle. Opening and closing stuff animations. The small open world both games share with minigames being a fairly big component. Overall I enjoyed shenmue more because it doesn't have long waiting time periods and superior immersive gameplay and is more relatable to player taking place in modern times then ye old mideval shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom