Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Reportedly Cost 36.5 Million Dollars

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a commercial success, there’s no doubt about that. The game managed to sell over a million copies across all platforms (PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) in less than two weeks after its launch date.

But just how profitable it is? Well, perhaps a little less than we previously thought after factoring costs. The game has been largely considered to be closer to the ‘indie’ label rather than the ‘triple-A’ one when it comes to budget and the recent statement made by Executive Producer and Co-Founder Martin Klíma highlighted the budget distance with full triple-A games.

RelatedKCD Executive Producer Wishes Warhorse Had More Time To Polish The Game Ahead of Release
I don’t see KCD as competing with the likes of Assassin’s Creed or Shadow of War. We simply don’t have resources to create a game like that. I don’t view us as an indie game either, though. The trend I see in ‘real’ AAA games, like the ones I mentioned above, is toward making games more and more forgiving, better suited to the most casual and absent-minded players; they are games that in effect are ‘playing themselves’. So, you have all those different markers, prompts and handy hints that you never have to think about what to do next.

However, according to the latest issue of Forbes (Czech Republic Edition) which includes a detailed profile of Game Director Daniel Vávra (who directed Mafia and its sequel while at 2K Czech), Kingdom Come: Deliverance’s total budget was 750 million crowns – or roughly 36.5 million dollars.

This figure does include marketing costs, which have certainly been dealt with by publisher Deep Silver (recently purchased by THQ Nordic). It is also unclear whether this budget includes the 1.5 million dollars provided by those 35,384 backers who supported the project via the game’s Kickstarter campaign.

Even with those caveats, it’s surely a heftier figure than previously thought. On the other hand, with the game priced at $50 on PC and $60 on consoles, development costs have been already more than recouped and things are definitely looking good for the planned sequel.

36 milion smackaroos and this is what you get these days, a broken mess unplayable for months? Even with the marketing cost, the game is in a such a fucking terrible state that I don't understand where those money went
You are still going on mate?! Ok you clearly need a prize! Here take this:
BjIAFiLCUAAF0hW.jpg

So I'm a SJW because I despise fully priced titles that get released in a terrible state? You are the special member of the family arent you?:lol:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

He's right. I can't continue the game because of the gamebreaking bug I've encountered yesterday. In the fucking main quest. I can accept and understand bug and glitches, but not in the main quest.

Elex

Arbiter
So, I'm late to the party, but my impressions so far (10-15h in):
- stable fps on mid on my laptop with 970 and i7
- story is interesting, prologue was fine
- captain Bernard is an asshole
first he scolds me for taking too long and letting bandits possibly escape, then when I do everything in hurry he scolds me for handling everythign myself instead of tracking back half the map to him with every detail
- I'm not good with meele combat
- it's buggy as hell Elex
- Polish translations have more "atmosphere", they use archaic language and Slavic/German names instead of anglicized ones, but quality is very bad, there's lots of mistakes wrong cases, translating same person differently, wrong translation of idioms, to the point of changing meaning
- English translation is meh
- I might try Czech with English subtitles
- stealth still suck like in all games ever

And a few questions:
- does archer's competitions count as using bow? I've been grinding them for money and it doesn't seem so
-
is sabotaging Przybysławice camp making it easier to fight? does it work when you only manage to poison 1 pot/burn 1 barrel? I have a save there and I can probably get it right eventually, but if it's only for some xp and gold then fuck it. I already tried fighting the camp without sabotage and we failed miserably. Other option is to grind more, but I'm kinda scared of time limits in this game.
some languages simply fit better the setting, italian translation is great for that, no need of invent/translate fantasy/sci fi names, it’s all there in the history books, no “retard fantasy names” feeling.

there is some mistake/confusion in certain dialogue when referring to people job called with 3-4 different version of the same job.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
So I'm a SJW because I despise fully priced titles that get released in a terrible state? You are the special member of the family arent you?:lol:

Not that I agree with your edgelording, but some people like to think that all opponents of something are fundamentally the same. This results in them thinking: "SJWs hate KC:D. dragonul09 hates KC:D. Ergo, dragonul09 must be an SJW".

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Not that I agree with your edgelording, but some people like to think that all opponents of something are fundamentally the same. This results in them thinking: "SJWs hate KC:D. dragonul09 hates KC:D. Ergo, dragonul09 must be an SJW".
Maybe. I think they're just wondering why he's sperging out so hard about a video game he doesn't like and that other people are already criticizing for legitimate reasons. They assume he's probably got some ulterior motive and SJWs hate it too so...

Really, I think he's just a bit of a loser with too much time on his hands and a crappy Youtube channel he's trying to shill.

I doubt he's an SJW because SJWs are cultists who can't help but inject their ideology into all their arguments. So far his only arguments have been spewing butthurt and spamming his Youtube video. No SJW stuff detected.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

In the real world we call that paranoid personality disorder:lol:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

He's right. I can't continue the game because of the gamebreaking bug I've encountered yesterday. In the fucking main quest. I can accept and understand bug and glitches, but not in the main quest.
I am not saying that the game is not a buggy mess or that it is the greatest. Just that it is annoying to see him spam his stupid videos that nobody watch on every page. I don't have a problem with people that have criticism about the game. He is just the most annoying low effort spam.

Nael

Arcane

I am not saying that the game is not a buggy mess or that it is the greatest. Just that it is annoying to see him spam his stupid videos that nobody watch on every page. I don't have a problem with people that have criticism about the game. He is just the most annoying low effort spam.

I agree, but welcome to the Codex, cabron.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Technical issues will get addressed eventually. My biggest beef with the game is how many NPCs turn into deaf mutes once their quests are done, showing zero acknowledgement that you ever even spoke to them.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Technical issues will get addressed eventually. My biggest beef with the game is how many NPCs turn into deaf mutes once their quests are done, showing zero acknowledgement that you ever even spoke to them.
This is my exact complaint with the Theresa "romance".

These are the basics, men. Even Skyrim handles it better. Much worse writing in Skyrim, mind you, but the NPCs are at least reactive. When you finish <insert garbage quest here>, <insert garbage npc here> at least acknowledges it.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
It's not hard either. A few VO options based on outcome that the NPC can chirp if you interact with them.

It was upsetting. I am like bruh come on you don't remember me? We partied hard last night.

Last edited:

Zlaja

Arcane
Speaking of romance.....why didn't Henry bother burrying Bianca too? It's what Jesus would have done.

Seethe

Arbiter

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
When it comes to reviews, who is talking is no less important than what he is saying.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Maybe because they are a better source of information compared to the lobotomized fanboys with drool on their chins. This is why I only care about negative reviews when deciding to buy anything. If the negative stuff bothers me, I won't buy it. If it doesn't, I buy it.
People like Pissed Pedro that can't figure out blocking and dodging in Risen 3 and just spam M1 and then say the game sucks don't deserve a say in anything.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Maybe because they are a better source of information compared to the lobotomized fanboys with drool on their chins. This is why I only care about negative reviews when deciding to buy anything. If the negative stuff bothers me, I won't buy it. If it doesn't, I buy it.
People like Pissed Pedro that can't figure out blocking and dodging in Risen 3 and just spam M1 and then say the game sucks don't deserve a say in anything.

The review is by his buddy Delrith, Pissed Pedro played it only for a few hours and he liked it.

Even Delrith's review isn't bad, it's basically what everyone says - great game but buggy. Duh. Only difference is he said he'd rate it "as high as 8/10" if it gets fixed. I guess can't expect too much from a grown man who still watches movies about people in masks and spandex costumes.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

A youtube retard, I have no idea why people watch these morons.

I watch negative reviews because they are fun :). Also care only about user reviews/scores,i never read or watch the "professional " reviews. Only thing that factors in my decision to play a game is my long time experience with game. By now i can recognize a shitfest by the teaser of the teaser for the trailer of the game.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I have a feeling that a lot of bugs happen because people are using unlimited save mods. At least from what I noticed, it's often the save potion that breaks things, and if you encounter a progress stopping bug during a quest, going back to latest non-potion save usually fixes stuff.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I have a feeling that a lot of bugs happen because people are using unlimited save mods. At least from what I noticed, it's often the save potion that breaks things, and if you encounter a progress stopping bug during a quest, going back to latest non-potion save usually fixes stuff.
I do use it and most bugs that happen to people don't happen to me.

Cromwell

Arcane
Speaking of romance.....why didn't Henry bother burrying Bianca too? It's what Jesus would have done.

because he got fucked up beforehand, he wanted to do it right after he buried his family but he didnt do that either.

Beowulf

Arcane
I have a feeling that a lot of bugs happen because people are using unlimited save mods.

Definitely possible, Smejki warned ITT the mod is to be used at our own risk.

Possible, but lets not underestimate the ability of the game itself to create problems.
Without using the save mod I had corrupted saves in a funny way. Whenever I loaded one of the corrupted saves, my character loaded sitting and playing dice. On one save, after forfeiting the game he teleported back to the place where I saved, but on other saves:
8E07E381DC6BC5D7125ED4B7A31D284CB44B39C9

F1A596FAD4A8959D02594908F3AA6B5F23ED48A9

I was stuck in a conversation with dice game UI overlayed. Nothing, except old trusty Alt + F4 worked in that case.
And it's an autosave, not a manual save with Shnaps.

So there's that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom