Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Into the Breach: Advanced Edition - mech tactics game from FTL devs with Chris Avellone writing

Unwanted

Pequod

Unwanted
2 hours per squad for 2 island run is about 10 hours of gameplay. Though I already hated the Judoka. At least the unlocking is massively faster than FTL.
UNR1YfR.png

Judoka got really lucky with kill-tile placement on last level.
sQOl2Ew.png

OhTJKef.png

cvMujlo.png

Black

Arcane
Look what I found beneath the ice (kind of)
9Grmokj.png
Now if I can only train it to have another +1 reactor and + move from level ups I'll have my hard carry guy.
And you can't increase his hp by any means.

Unwanted

Pequod

Unwanted
CreatePilot{
Id = "Pilot_Zoltan",
Personality = "Zoltan",
Skill = "Zoltan_Skill",
Name = "Mafan",
Sex = SEX_FEMALE,
Rarity = 0,
Voice = "/voice/mafan",
}

Where ingame is her gender checked?
Does she take it up the ass?
Are the devs sjw libtards?

ColCol

Arcane
I'm interested to see if they add future content. In my head I could picture a Vek that works like the xcom 2 alien rulers/chosen. Maybe it gains immunities if not defeated, or it can not be defeated the same way twice

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Glad to see you guys nerding out on details, but I'm not getting aroused by what I see of this game, none of my friends have reviewed it, and user reviews are tepid. You guys are enthusiasts. Tell me why I would enjoy this game (or why I shouldn't bother).

Hellraiser

Arcane
Finally managed to beat it, I had a 4 island perfect run with team turbo negro (it gave me two black scientist pilots for some reason) using the rift walkers.

I managed to get the missile for my artillery which made things easier. The two turn resets also proved helpful.

8gW5le.png

ColCol

Arcane
Glad to see you guys nerding out on details, but I'm not getting aroused by what I see of this game, none of my friends have reviewed it, and user reviews are tepid. You guys are enthusiasts. Tell me why I would enjoy this game (or why I shouldn't bother).

if you you to be convinced to play a game then it probably isn't 't worth it.

Unwanted

Pequod

Unwanted
You shouldnt bother. I doesnt play like vidya. But its not a puzzle either because the enemy actively hinders your progress. You are not relaxedly putting together a puzzle picture... Oh no, emotionally, it feels like work, requiring uninterrupted concentration. Or a competitive Chess game but not vs a human. Kinda sorta. Or maybe a sliding puzzle where someone constatly moves your pieces...

This is also why the game will fail to attract the FTL casuals and larpers and will fail.

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh, I've been talked into trying many things I ended up enjoying. FTL is an obvious example; it took years of my friends telling me I had to try it before I did, and I loved it. But if no one thinks I would love this, that tells me something too. Sincere thanks for your unenthusiastic input :)

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eh, I've been talked into trying many things I ended up enjoying. FTL is an obvious example; it took years of my friends telling me I had to try it before I did, and I loved it. But if no one thinks I would love this, that tells me something too. Sincere thanks for your unenthusiastic input :)

It’s very fun and absorbing in 2-3 hour bursts, but ultimately leaves me feeling deeply unsatisfied. Everything in FTL felt a lot more consequential; the fact that you never really lose much progress when you lose in ITB—simply because the campaign is so short—removes a lot of the tension that made FTL so good.

Also, they should’ve called it Unto the Breach.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
If you're uncertain then why don't you just earmark it for inevitable sale?

Zombra

Patron
If you're uncertain then why don't you just earmark it for inevitable sale?
At this point in my life it's not even about money but time. I already have enough B- games to last the rest of my life. Buying another B- game, even for 10¢, would be a bad decision. But if there is something magical about this one that would make it an "A" for me, I'm curious to know about it. So far, doesn't sound like it.

---

Arcane
If your problem is only the time, try it. A campaign lasts 1 hour/1 hour and half, so you could play an entire game and eventually ask for Steam refund in case you didn't like it.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game cheated me of a reactor core! :argh::argh: I completed a mission which should have rewarded me with one and of course it did not appear after the battle! :negative:

As Von Kull has said, it's fun in short burst, since the length of a run from start to end boss is rather short. And when you pull a perfect map, using the capabilities of the mechs and the placement of the Veks after it can feel cool.

boot

Prophet
It's not complex and there is no story/lore. Well made shovel-ware, play on your phone while shitting/10.

I don't think it's worse than FTL, they hit the same exact notes. Many of the tracks seem to have been ripped from the game, even!

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
that's a very Zombra thing to say to someone who made an effort to reply instead of ignoring you for your absurd sense of entitlement, as if you're doing us such a favor by gracing the game with your precious time lol. Play the game or don't, doesn't bother me either way, but coming here to demand people suck your dick...
ColCol took my post in the right spirit if his brofist is anything to go by. If the existence of my personality constitutes a hardship for you, please consult this link for emergency instructions.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
I already have enough B- games to last the rest of my life. Buying another B- game, even for 10¢, would be a bad decision. But if there is something magical about this one that would make it an "A" for me, I'm curious to know about it.
Says the guy who finished all harebrained Shadowrun games.

Idris-Elba.gif

sser

Arcane
Developer
I think the game is perfectly priced and anyone who enjoys puzzlers will get a lot of value out of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom