Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I forgot I backed this for the "put your face in the game" tier. I assume it's way too late to submit now (saw an email about this from last June, lol).

Whalenought_Joe

Whalenought Studios
Developer
I forgot I backed this for the "put your face in the game" tier. I assume it's way too late to submit now (saw an email about this from last June, lol).

Send it! We'll send out another reminder for the folks who missed it the first time around soon either way though.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Whalenought_Joe I can't find my alpha key. I logged in and went into Purchases & Rewards, then clicked on Downloads & Keys (ID #7981), but then there's nothing on the subsequent page. Any ideas?

ushas

Savant
Then guess one could say a high content density so far:)
I suppose this key fits to a steam door?
Will we also get an alpha download from the page, or humble or something like that?

ushas

Savant
sorry Offtop: Ushas from which game is your rat avatar?
Honestly, I don't remember. Maybe from one of the Gold box games or Wizardries.

Edit: Yup. Looks it's FR, Treasures of the savage frontier...
Heh, thanks for reminder. Think wanted to play those adventures in a row.

Last edited:
There is a hidden-in-plainsight code in the intro. And there is a disabled setting in the config file in game directory. If you set that setting to that code and run the game, you will get a rudimentary mini-quest sort of demo in the main menu. And everytime you run the game, the code changes and the previously enabled setting no longer works. Nice little trick :salute:, perhaps it is a precursor to the kind of sniffing around the finished content will require? I just made that whole thing up teehee

passerby

Arcane
The graphics in the first kickstarter video were so much better, I don't like the new shit.

It used to look like late 90s/ early 00s graphics, like isometric deus ex, so cool...

roshan

Arcane
10x4nm0.png

:positive:

api355.png

:negative:

ushas

Savant
Hmm, it wasn't specified which Monday:cool:

Fingers crossed!

Btw. looking at the tween TZ3K linked, it's neat that the mouse icon changes, so you have a good indication an action vs. taking orders window. I suppose those circles are something like a sound propagation?

Mustawd

Hex-tiles, stackable boxes and gore explosions
Posted by Whalenought Studios (Creator)

Just a few micro-issues remaining. No, we're just finishing on some last AI functionality before sending it off to you to make sure the different challenge modes are adequate to test. Since the last update we had a slew of life and Copper Dreams upgrades, so we'll get into that in this update. First, for all of the alpha backers who received keys, that depot on Steam will update with the alpha so stay tuned for when that's live, we'll post another update when it is though. I think we talked to everyone who had problems with that, but if you are an alpha backer and didn't get the email let us know and we will sort that out for you! That will roll out on OSX, Windows and Linux.

If you hate videos here's a recap:
  • Hannah and Joe sold a house and moved to get cash money for development and get back to Seattle, so there was a small delay.
  • Alpha is a solid vertical slice of systems in game, featuring a mid-level operative infiltrating a warehouse of insurgents as various enemy types. Also includes a custom enemy agent. Various challenge and game modes included to unlock with your feedback. Incentives!
  • Changed from square tiles to hexagons.
  • Our volumetric line-of sight system, which has unseen tiles that are painted black in-world, now includes sensory visuals like the sound you emit and enemy vision cones.
  • Line of sight system also now has custom lighting integrated into it — easier visual for what lights are influencing tiles and gives us complete control with what to do with it to influence tiles. Spotlights, flares, tiles on fire, or even the muzzle flash from firing a gun now have clear indication of what tiles they are lighting up.
  • Character direction ruleset info implemented for hexes, player can rotate without tick cost for turn. For example shields (or carrying dead bodies in front of you) block attacks from one direction.
  • Game feed replaced with more cryptic DM-descriptive health readouts for combatants. Detailed roll information replaced with on-hover details while targeting tiles/characters. Game feed was too heavy before with too much happening, as rolls for aiming were not immediately followed up with a resolution, so things would be out of order. It's also visually and descriptively obvious how a combatant is doing. Also their faces make increasingly ouchy expressions depending on how poorly they are doing.
  • Movable and stackable boxes for cover, climbing and puzzles. It's the best thing since sliced bread.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom