Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
While there is a fair argument to be made about meta-gaming many of the game's systems, it's hardly fair or sensible to be applied when you're trying to get hang of the combat system through training (which the game itself encourages) and that zooms you into OP skill levels in a short time.
Essentially grinding a tutorial for 45 minutes is not "a short time".

The tutorial is the prologue which he finished. The arena after is intended to learn and get hang of the combat system as well as to learn new techniques. Furthermore, 45 minutes is fairly short time to learn anything to any substantial level especially with how fidgety the mouse feels in the beginning. All that has nothing to do with grind but trying to get hang on with the system one might not yet be used to and the game 'rewards' you for it obsencely so especially when it itself says you should train more.

The solution to this would be fairly simple too, halve or disable skill gains during these training sessions, like you do not get archery skill-ups when shooting at range.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Got to a point where every dialogue opens a loading screen. Guess I'm done with this shit.
Did this happen after/during the quest investigating the stone in Sasau? Something is seriously borked in that quest that can cause massive loading screens for just talking or eating from a pot. I had to reload like 3 saves back to get it working again but after that I had no problems.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Smejki, I have encountered an infinite loading screen after the
interrogation of the prisoner in Merhojed. I did this in this order: I went to the monastery, helped Johanna, gave the antidote to the locals in Merhojed, investigated on the incident for Ser Divish (btw, there's a bug there where neither Zmola nor Leshek appear in the mill) and returned to Merhojed and interrogated the criminal. After the interrogation there's an infinite loading screen.

Tried again today with no luck, there's still the infinite loading screen at the same spot. When can we expect a patch?

And seriously, these kind of issues in the main quest are not acceptable.

Ok, I loaded an older save, I only did the phase of the main quest without activating the side quests in the monastery and the infinite loading disappeared. Maybe the side quests are the issue there?

Got to a point where every dialogue opens a loading screen. Guess I'm done with this shit.
Did this happen after/during the quest investigating the stone in Sasau? Something is seriously borked in that quest that can cause massive loading screens for just talking or eating from a pot. I had to reload like 3 saves back to get it working again but after that I had no problems.

It could have started then. I remember gettingit at some point and going to a previous save. But now I was in the monsatery cloister mission and my last save had it.

Already uninstalled, challenge wasn't there any more, will return in the future after some patches.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Smejki , by now you at WH have seen enough videos of combat AI goofs. Is it possible that something is done about this in a patch or are things beyond repair?

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Smejki
Just reporting: Sound mixing for German voice over seems to be pretty fucked up, especially in cutscenes. Music is way louder and talking sometimes barely noticeable during cutscenes. It may switch back to normal from time to time, but generally it's like this.
Also the beginning of the short cutscene after
you rescue Hans Capon in the woods
where the guard shouts something, that was in English. It switched back to German in the following cutscene though.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just finished Questions and Answers. Pestilence is still active but in the state "Wait and see if the cure works", which I guess is the final phase of the quest. I suppose I got around the quest bug.

Starwars

Arcane
So it seems guards magically know that a horse is stolen, even if said horse is from another town. Guess it's to be expected given how games usually work but still annoying.

Riding into Talmberg on said stolen horse, get off the horse to talk to a dude, get back on the horse and... STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Was it ever considered during the development the option to choose in the beginning between Easy, Normal and Hard difficulty? Seems to me this would squash most of the complaints about saving, archery, alchemy, the survival elements etc. Or did Dan and Viktor always wanted to create a hardcore game exclusively for hardcore players? Disregard if confidential.
The goal was always to avoid any difficulty setting. But there was an idea of adding a hardcore mode (might be still alive, might be not) and there was a lot of hot discussion about what would fall under hardcore and what will not. Player-permadeath (aka iron man mode) is of course one obvious answer.

Smejki

Developer
Smejki , by now you at WH have seen enough videos of combat AI goofs. Is it possible that something is done about this in a patch or are things beyond repair?
Things are being improved/fixed all over the place. I cannot go into any level of detail on combat as it doesn't concern me at all.

Smejki

Developer
So it seems guards magically know that a horse is stolen, even if said horse is from another town. Guess it's to be expected given how games usually work but still annoying.

Riding into Talmberg on said stolen horse, get off the horse to talk to a dude, get back on the horse and... STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!
Yea, horse stealing has some limitations for technical reasons (or rather tech-design reason). Every time you mount a stolen horse you steal it and if you are seen doing that it's a crime regardless of location.
Since you are given a horse pretty soon after waking up in Rattay, and for the fact that since you own a horse you cannot get rid of it (only switch to a different one) and therefore have no reason to steal another horse, we concluded doing this better is of lower priority. We might get around to "fix" it though. I'll raise the issue once once again.

Smejki

Developer
Just encountered a nasty bug in the House of God side quest :(

Everything goes fine until near the end of the quest
when I find and kill Zmola
and then after that load times are EXTREMELY long, like 5x longer than normal, and am unable to save. I tried fast travelling to the rattay mill and sleeping, and it just hangs indefinitely after the clock stops.. I tried using a savior schnapps immediately after the aforementioned spoiler as well and it just hung on the pause screen until I alt-f4'd

Smejki pls
Ok, we are not aware of this one. Reported. Could you provide me with a savefile before the killing?

Smejki

Developer
(if anything, my guess would be that if they look exactly the same as other NPCs in KCD, this was done to cut costs. Haven't actually met a Cuman without the face mask yet, so I can't say.)
Yes, that's exactly it.

Also "tries to give the 'fear of the Turks'". :lol:
The person clearly didn't pay attention to anything but their own mindset.
a) (as you said) Turks =/= Turkic people
b) Sigismund himself fought against Turks (presumably alongside Cumans since they were his subjects). Which is mentioned like 3 or more times in the game and described in detail in the codex.

Codex Year of the Donut
Things are being improved/fixed all over the place. I cannot go into any level of detail on combat as it doesn't concern me at all.
fix the quest with the
witches in the woods,
it's too railroaded and you have your choice taken from you

agris

Arcane
Patron

It could have started then. I remember gettingit at some point and going to a previous save. But now I was in the monsatery cloister mission and my last save had it.

Already uninstalled, challenge wasn't there any more, will return in the future after some patches.
I think some of the "loading after interacting" nonsense is triggered by corrupted shader cache. Try deleting the contents of your "C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\kingdomcome\shaders\cache" folder and then loading the save again.

I got this bug after changing a lot of settings at once via user.cfg, and clearing the cache fixed it. It could be that some shader data generated during the Sasau quest is poisoning your shader cache, so clearing it (after you're out of the monastery) could fix it.

Smejki

Developer

I wonder why polearms are disabled in the game...does polearms have perks too?

I'm assuming they ran out of time to balance aspects of polearm implementation. Whether perks, usage, itemization etc; who knows?

Anyone speak Czech and have Vavra's ear? Paul_cz

edit: from the mod's discussion

nexus user said:
Thank you so much for making this mod! The halberds used to be almost pointless, but thanks to you, they are finally useful again. However, they might be a bit OP since I managed to take out 15 guards in the Talmberg caste, even though I'm absolute shite in general.

another nexus user said:
They shouldn't really be able to be used 1-handed, but cool mod anyway

mod author said:
No, you can't get perks or combos for them, it's similar to Unarmed, but modders can add in new perks and combos for them and flesh out the system if they want to. In theory!
There were some conspiracy theories that we want to introduce this deeper polearms system as paid DLC. Nope, the feature was just way too buggy so we disabled it altogether. The whole feature is in dire need of a very major overhaul

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just encountered a nasty bug in the House of God side quest :(

Everything goes fine until near the end of the quest
when I find and kill Zmola
and then after that load times are EXTREMELY long, like 5x longer than normal, and am unable to save. I tried fast travelling to the rattay mill and sleeping, and it just hangs indefinitely after the clock stops.. I tried using a savior schnapps immediately after the aforementioned spoiler as well and it just hung on the pause screen until I alt-f4'd

Smejki pls
Ok, we are not aware of this one. Reported. Could you provide me with a savefile before the killing?

Not sure if I still have it since I reverted to an earlier save and then went on from there... I eventually finished the quest by just letting the guy on the rafters go and then talking to sir divish..

However, now I have become the master huntsman of Talmberg and after accepting the request for deer meat from the chamberlain, I can no longer talk to him to give him the meat... the only option for him is to pickpocket

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom