Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New mainline Pokemon RPG coming

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
GameFreak has begun developing a core RPG Pokémon title on Nintendo Switch,” says Ishihara. “It may not release for more than a year, but we’ll hope you look forward to it all the same.”

With the Switch, we see it as a chance to create Pokémon that goes deeper and with a higher level of expression,

A mainline Pokémon game has never been released on a home console; they’ve always been handheld exclusives, but the fact you can play it on the TV too will mean a major graphical overhaul.

We do at least know that the game will be a mainline title like Pokémon Sun and Moon, rather than any kind of spin-off like Pokkén Tournament or Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon.

https://www.gamesradar.com/pokemon-switch-stars-release-date-trailer-rpg/

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Pokemon TruRPG experience.
Idk why they never release their titles for PC.

nintendo, they never release mario, metroid, pokemon from their clutches.

I'M NOT GOING TO GO AROUND PEOPLE PLAYING A GAMEBOY LIKE A 12YR OLD RETARD ASSHOLE.

docked mode

Deflowerer

Arcane
3ds emulator was supposed to get a good speed boost as well with the next update, making most games playable. iirc currently it's very cpu dependent but the rewrite aims to offload some of the power to gpu. although even now if you find some custom user made revisions, you can play many titles full speed that grind to halt with official builds.

Also current console hardware is pretty standard with PC architecture so I don't think it will take a very long time at all.

Last edited:

Vorark

Erudite
We do at least know that the game will be a mainline title like Pokémon Sun and Moon, rather than any kind of spin-off like Pokkén Tournament or Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon.

Mystery Dungeon > mainline.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Nintendo direct today at 2pm, might be pokemon info

Fucking hell not another one of these god damn things.

but for the first time ever on a decent hardware..... I wonder what they will come up with, also it's one of few real RPG left.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Supposedly a leak from china, looks like the overworld.

lEObiQA.jpg

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That just looks like Sun/Moon. Probably fake, or they plan on porting Sun/Moon first.

Nathir

Liturgist
The last two gens were trash anyway. I expect nothing good from the next one. Probably more autistic animu cinematics and more retarded pokemon designs, while somehow making the game even easier and more linear than Sun and Moon were.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
The last two gens were trash anyway. I expect nothing good from the next one. Probably more autistic animu cinematics and more retarded pokemon designs, while somehow making the game even easier and more linear than Sun and Moon were.
You're referring to x/y and sun/moon right? I'm genuinely starting to lose track of this trainwreck. I just remember that 3-5 were the best ones and then it ran itself into the ground like a bell curve.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The only real Pokemon is Pokemon Go on mobile phones because it's in real life and there's real pokemons.

lightbane

Arcane
Meh, another remake of Gen 1? Oh well, it will be good for kiddies and screaming autists obsessed with numbers. Quite possibly it will have nothing new except the mandatory new legendary or something.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nintendo really are fucking retards. They could've gotten a lot of money just by doing a proper HD remake of Sun & Moon. Not only from the game sales, but from the increased console sales as well.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Nintendo really are fucking retards. They could've gotten a lot of money just by doing a proper HD remake of Sun & Moon. Not only from the game sales, but from the increased console sales as well.

Don't blame Nintendo. Game Freak is an independent studio and well known by fans for being absolute retards who keep doing everything wrong.

deuxhero

Arcane
Funny how the leak of a Gold/Silver beta has completely eclipsed anyone giving a damn about Let's Go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom