Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Grazes exist, but I'm not sure if it's universal or only a few abilities allow you to graze.
They were never completely removed. I am now unsure about the same thing as you.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Naesaki

Novice
Honestly still a bit bummed we're not getting Ydwin as a full companion...

I really wouldn't be surprised if shes ends up being a "Coming to an overpriced dlc near you." down the line :cry: or in an world thats partially ideal, she comes in as a full companion in whatever expansions they are cooking up.

Though if it was an ideal world she would be a full companion in from the start but such optimism is unbecoming +M

Codex Year of the Donut
Honestly still a bit bummed we're not getting Ydwin as a full companion...

I really wouldn't be surprised if shes ends up being a "Coming to an overpriced dlc near you." down the line :cry: or in an world thats partially ideal, she comes in as a full companion in whatever expansions they are cooking up.

Though if it was an ideal world she would be a full companion in from the start but such optimism is unbecoming +M

If we don’t hit the stretch goal by 5pm PDT today, she will be a sidekick in Deadfire. It would be possible for her (or Rekke, etc.) to become a companion in an expansion, but not in the core game. The new features we’re adding for companions increase the amount of work we need to do per companion by about 50%. We’re fully scheduled for companion writing through the rest of the project just with the core 7.

aid82232-v4-728px-Survive-an-Abduction-or-Hostage-Situation-Step-1.jpg

Azarkon

Arcane
Ydwin looks like a character from the cardinal's blades. A female Saint-Lucq basically.
st-lucq-4e013bd.jpg

...And just about every other Victorian era vampire ever designed. But the most immediate influence that came to mind was anime, specifically Hellsing.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
He's not a vampire, and he's from the xviith century. But he does look like alucard, I have no idea where this illustration is from though. Ydwin looks like a female elf version of his description in book, t'is all. Especially with the smug facial expression.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
Your portraits are enhanced compared to the ones from the deadire wiki.

Portrait_xoti_lg.png

Portrait_Ydwin_lg.png

I guess they're out of date or something.
Ydwen's portrait is way worse. What the fuck. The other one got a touch up but still looks shit.

Overall the PoE2 portraits are pretty bad.

Codex Year of the Donut

Sentinel

Arcane
The elite are all about transcendence and living forever and the secrets of the universe and they want to know all this, some are good some are bad some are a mix; but the good ones don't ever want to organize, the bad ones tend to want to organize because they lust after power. Powerful consciousnesses don't want to dominate other people, they want to empower them so they don't tend to get together until things are really late in the game, then they come together and evil is always defeated. Because good is so much stronger. And we're on this planet and Einstein's physics showed it, Max Planck's physics showed it- there's at least twelve dimensions. And now that's all the top scientists and billionaires are coming out and saying it's a false hologram, it is artificial, the computers are scanning it and finding tension points where it's artificially projected and gravity is bleeding in to this universe. That's what they call dark matter. So we're like a thought or a dream that's a wisp in a computer program, some God's mind, whatever. They're proving it all, it's all coming out.

Now, there's like this sub-transmission zone below the third dimension. This just turned over the most horrible things, is what it resonates to, and it's trying to get up into the third dimension that's just a basic level consciousness to launch into the next levels. And our species is already way up in the fifth dimension. But there's this big war trying to, like, basically, destroy humanity because humanity has free will and there's a decision to which level we wanna go to. We have free will, so evil is allowed to come and contend, not just good. And the elites themselves believe they're racing using human technology to try and take our best minds and build some kind of break away civilization where they're gonna merge with machines, transcend, and break away from the failed species that is man. Which is kind of like a false transmission because they're thinking what they are is ugly and bad, projecting it unto themselves instead of believing - "no, it's a human test about building us up". And so Google was set up, 18, 19 years ago - I knew about this before it was declassified, I'm just saying I have the sources - that they wanted to build a giant artificial system, and Google believes the first AI will be a super-computer based on the neuron activities of the hivemind of humanity with billions of people wired into it, and so all of our thoughts go into it and we're actually building a computer that has neurons in real time that's also cyclically connected to us, that are organic creatures, so that they will have current prediction powers, future prediction powers, a true crystal ball, but the big secret is - once you have a crystal ball and know the future, you can add stimuli beforehand and make decisions that control the future. And so then it's the end of consciousness and free will for individuals as we know and a true 2.0, in a very bad way, hivemind consciousness with an AI jacked into everyone knowing our hopes and dreams, delivering it to-- not in some PKD wirehead system where we plug in and give up our consciousness because of unlimited pleasure, but because we were already wired up and absorbed before we knew it by giving over our consciousness to this system by our daily decisions that it was able to manipulate and control into a larger system.

There's now a human counter-strike taking place to shut this off before it gets fully into place, and to block these systems and to try and have an actual debate about where humanity goes, and to cut off the pedophiles and psychic vampires that are in control of this AI system before humanity is destroyed. The pedophiles, at whatever level, the devil, whatever you want to call it, this inter dimensional thing that gives them advanced off-world technology, the Fallen One, that's not of this world, is giving them advanced knowledge on how to construct these systems that have already been used before on other populations. Satan becomes something that, you know, the stupid preacher tells you about, something you read about in the news or TV, but this is an inter dimensional force that wants to influence us to build something that absorbs us and kills us, rather than the divine free will we're given to build something much better that empowers the species, so the species is now making a decision about its entire future.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The elite are all about transcendence and living forever and the secrets of the universe and they want to know all this, some are good some are bad some are a mix; but the good ones don't ever want to organize, the bad ones tend to want to organize because they lust after power. Powerful consciousnesses don't want to dominate other people, they want to empower them so they don't tend to get together until things are really late in the game, then they come together and evil is always defeated. Because good is so much stronger. And we're on this planet and Einstein's physics showed it, Max Planck's physics showed it- there's at least twelve dimensions. And now that's all the top scientists and billionaires are coming out and saying it's a false hologram, it is artificial, the computers are scanning it and finding tension points where it's artificially projected and gravity is bleeding in to this universe. That's what they call dark matter. So we're like a thought or a dream that's a wisp in a computer program, some God's mind, whatever. They're proving it all, it's all coming out.

Now, there's like this sub-transmission zone below the third dimension. This just turned over the most horrible things, is what it resonates to, and it's trying to get up into the third dimension that's just a basic level consciousness to launch into the next levels. And our species is already way up in the fifth dimension. But there's this big war trying to, like, basically, destroy humanity because humanity has free will and there's a decision to which level we wanna go to. We have free will, so evil is allowed to come and contend, not just good. And the elites themselves believe they're racing using human technology to try and take our best minds and build some kind of break away civilization where they're gonna merge with machines, transcend, and break away from the failed species that is man. Which is kind of like a false transmission because they're thinking what they are is ugly and bad, projecting it unto themselves instead of believing - "no, it's a human test about building us up". And so Google was set up, 18, 19 years ago - I knew about this before it was declassified, I'm just saying I have the sources - that they wanted to build a giant artificial system, and Google believes the first AI will be a super-computer based on the neuron activities of the hivemind of humanity with billions of people wired into it, and so all of our thoughts go into it and we're actually building a computer that has neurons in real time that's also cyclically connected to us, that are organic creatures, so that they will have current prediction powers, future prediction powers, a true crystal ball, but the big secret is - once you have a crystal ball and know the future, you can add stimuli beforehand and make decisions that control the future. And so then it's the end of consciousness and free will for individuals as we know and a true 2.0, in a very bad way, hivemind consciousness with an AI jacked into everyone knowing our hopes and dreams, delivering it to-- not in some PKD wirehead system where we plug in and give up our consciousness because of unlimited pleasure, but because we were already wired up and absorbed before we knew it by giving over our consciousness to this system by our daily decisions that it was able to manipulate and control into a larger system.

There's now a human counter-strike taking place to shut this off before it gets fully into place, and to block these systems and to try and have an actual debate about where humanity goes, and to cut off the pedophiles and psychic vampires that are in control of this AI system before humanity is destroyed. The pedophiles, at whatever level, the devil, whatever you want to call it, this inter dimensional thing that gives them advanced off-world technology, the Fallen One, that's not of this world, is giving them advanced knowledge on how to construct these systems that have already been used before on other populations. Satan becomes something that, you know, the stupid preacher tells you about, something you read about in the news or TV, but this is an inter dimensional force that wants to influence us to build something that absorbs us and kills us, rather than the divine free will we're given to build something much better that empowers the species, so the species is now making a decision about its entire future.

Can you put all of this juicy information in a spoiler tag; not everyone wants to have the plot outline of PoE2 ruined for them.

Trashos

Arcane
Your portraits are enhanced compared to the ones from the deadire wiki.

Portrait_xoti_lg.png

Portrait_Ydwin_lg.png

I guess they're out of date or something.

Lol, do you think they read our thread?

cmon dude don't be picky now
they're fine as far as obsidian games go
MwYpWie.png

I actually like the second one. The third one also looks pretty when she wants to. Are we sure these are the latest portraits? I 'll probably have to call off my intended "uglyPOEple" thread on release day.

Bonerbill

Augur
I actually like the second one. The third one also looks pretty when she wants to. Are we sure these are the latest portraits? I 'll probably have to call off my intended "uglyPOEple" thread on release day.

They're not official; they were made by some dude on the 4chan boards

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom