Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ion Fury (formerly Ion Maiden) - Build Engine powered FPS by Duke Nukem 3D mappers - now with Aftershock DLC

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Almost really fun. Looks good. Plays good. Sounds good. Feels good. I like everything about it aside from a few things that are related to eachother.

The demo is too fucking easy. On highest difficulty on Bombardier mode (max health 25) it's still too fucking easy.

Part of the reason why this is is because the game has a fuckton of secrets to find, and while that really shouldn't be a problem, it does become one when the game has nothing to offer the player except armor, health and ammo pickups. There are no usable items (aside from FEAR-style portable medkits) like in Duke 3D, Blood or Shadow Warrior (jetpacks, jumpboots, steroids, holodukes, whatever) and there are no powerups (invisibility, invulnerability, guns akimbo, etc.) either. These are the kind of items you can stash away in secrets without letting the player be constantly capped out on max health and armor with a full inventory of portable medkits.

I died once to the clusterfuck bombs on the final boss of the demo on hardest difficulty in normal play. I died twice to the clusterfuck bombs on the final boss of the demo on Bombardier (only because they pretty much instagib you with 25 max health).
I'm not going to count all of the times I instantly died falling off the top of a ladder on Bombardier, lol.

It's good stuff so far and I'm very excited for the final product if they can sort this shit out. If it remains this easy in the final release I'll probably fall asleep playing it because the great soundtrack and guns won't be able to keep me awake forever.

EDIT: Also they made Bombshell cute instead of an ugly turbodyke. Pure incline.

Last edited:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
89478.png

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
^ I feel like I've already seen that map in Bombshell. The shape of the second arena part gives me a particularly strong deja vu.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yes, and in Doom all hitscan enemies die very quickly. And besides the added level of strategy it's also good there's some unavoidable damage in the game (well you can avoid it if you save scum like crazy, but that's a different issue), because it helps burn your resources, making pick up management more meaningful.

lightbane

Arcane
So, are there gameplay videos without retards talking all the damn time and being barely able to play, or not yet?

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Gave it an hour and it is good! But software rendering looks fucked up. Everything is askew when you are close up, like ladders and stuff. Going for opengl next session

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I like the video where it says the engine has been "upgraded", to including such cutting edge features as... a crosshair! :hmmm:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hm, looks alright, but way too much on the easy side. Also, it's not very cool that the enemies are all just generic humans with guns.

No idea why they'd implement reloading of all things too, but so it goes.

gongal

Educated
Sounds like fun, but keeps pausing for me every 2-3 seconds... Quite unplayable tbh.

Hines

Savant
Sounds like fun, but keeps pausing for me every 2-3 seconds... Quite unplayable tbh.
Have you tried playing without having a browser open? It sounds silly, but closing that mostly did the trick for me.

gongal

Educated
Have you tried playing without having a browser open? It sounds silly, but closing that mostly did the trick for me.

Still pauses :negative:

Edit: I spammed Pause button for 2 seconds and literally can't unpause anymore. Great game so far!

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is it out or it's only early access? Too lazy to check it out. Will wait until it's finished to test.

Hines

Savant
Is it out or it's only early access? Too lazy to check it out. Will wait until it's finished to test.
It's a separate preview campaign containing two levels and a boss fight, but unlike most early access games, outside the performance issues, it's polished and feature complete. It's basically paying for shareware, which I don't mind supporting in this instance as I'm confident the full game will be excellent and Voidpoint are an awesome team with limited means.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom