Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

7 games with "great side quests", recommended by MCA, George Ziets, and others

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news..._7_games_and_some_Chris_Avellone_pointers.php

Designing side quests? Study these 7 games (and some Chris Avellone pointers)

Side quests can make or break your game — good ones draw players further into your world; bad ones may sour players on the entire experience.

To that end, we reached out to several game writers and designers for their thoughts and recommendations on great side quests — or games with generally-strong side quests — that every developer should study.

Their responses are summarized below, but first, courtesy of former Black Isle writer, designer, and Obsidian creative director Chris Avellone, here are four general guidelines to evaluate everything against:

1. A good side quest informs the main plot or the area it’s located in in all respects — lore, NPCs, even through the rewards you get.
  2. A bad side quest is a quest that upstages the main quest in terms of stakes, enemies, or even the lore.
  3. Side quests should be quick and fun to complete (15 min is the range I shoot for).
  4. Side quests should use the core gameplay mechanics and avoid special case new functionality (or be careful with it). This includes having the same range of reactivity, choices, and consequences as a normal quest in the main plot, although the scope of the reactivity, etc. may be smaller.
The Witcher 3 — a masterclass in side quest design
"The best side quests in the business are in The Witcher 3," says Deep Silver Volition senior designer Brad Johnson, who did mission design on the past three Saints Row games. "Their side quests are more involved from both a gameplay and story perspective than most games' main quests. I expected to skip through some boring dialog and do some simple fetch quests but each one kept drawing me in and kept my interest. There were always twists, trying to throw off expectations."

out_of_the_shadows.jpg

This was a conscious decision by developer CD Projekt, which wanted every quest — even the little ones about fetching or delivering something for somebody — to be memorable. Take one of the very earliest side quests as an example: in A Frying Pan, Spick and Span, the player is tasked with finding an old woman's soot-covered frying pan, which she'd been lent to a stranger who seemingly then nicked off with it (turns out it's just inside the house she's standing outside of, and the man had had more important things to worry about than returning the pan after using the soot to make ink for writing letters).

Such a mundane, menial task could easily be seen as beneath a great and respected hero like Geralt. But it's presented with such respect, empathy, and sincerity that you can't help but feel warmed to Geralt — the big, tough witcher who holds the simple folk of the world in the highest regard. It also subtly informs both the lore of the area and the story at large, and both its goal (find a crappy old frying pan) and its rewards (baked apples and apple juice) reflect the nature of the town and its inhabitants, which is exactly what Avellone says a good side quest should do.

TAKEAWAY: Even the most ordinary, uneventful, routine quests can be memorable and affecting; you just have to make the effort to design them so.

Fallout 2's open-ended quest and skill systems
The Witcher 3's lead quest designer Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz thinks that Fallout 2 has particularly good quest designs. "Tasks are simple, but open-ended," he explains. "You can complete many of them in a variety of ways and it’s done very organically — they don’t seem forced, nor do they involve much hand holding, if any at all." Indeed, the game is so open-ended that most quests can be bypassed altogether — meaning that nearly every quest could be described as a side quest. And the player's actions have consequences — even in the more innocuous quests — that can play out both over the course of their remaining journey and in the ending.

Fo2_Desperado_NR_interior.png

Fallout 2 also cleverly works the skill system into the dialogue, with every stat affecting dialogue choices and results, rather than following the common approach of only checking communication-related skills.

"If you invested heavily in small guns, for example, you might end up using that knowledge to impress someone," says Tomaszkiewicz. "If you know a lot about computers, you could’ve used that fact to reprogram a robot, etc. This use of gameplay-related skills in dialogues and quests was very unique and immersive — something I’d come to expect from a pen & paper RPG, not a video game."

TAKEAWAY: Side quests, like main quests, benefit from an open-endedness that allows for different solutions and playstyles and that ideally also acknowledges all of the player character's relevant skills.

Fallout: New Vegas — consequential and interesting open-world quests
Tomaszkiewicz says that Fallout: New Vegas shares many of the same qualities as Fallout 2, but he adds that its approach to building quests in an open-world setting is also great. "They felt consequential and interesting," he explains, "and yet managed to overcome the difficulties of constructing complex quests in an open world environment. It was a big inspiration for me when working on The Witcher 3: Wild Huntand its expansions."

Perhaps the best side quest of the bunch involves helping some ghouls launch a space expedition (or helping to sabotage said expedition) to complete their "Great Journey" to a place far beyond the cruel wasteland. It's a bizarre quest with an eccentric, charismatic cult leader, huge super mutants that can turn invisible (the leader of whom is even more eccentric than the head ghoul, what with him being beholden to the guidance of an antler's skull on his desk), a tech genius human who thinks he's a ghoul, several big choices to make, splendid sound design, and a healthy dose of twisted humor. It's ridiculous, but it's memorable and weighty from beginning to end — as every good quest should be, regardless of its relevance to the main plot.

81Kb79%2B8NNL__AC_SL1500_.jpg

(Side note: I've limited Fallout's presence here to two games for balance, but every entry in the series is widely recognized for excellent quest writing and design, with numerous side quests worthy of study. Fallout 3's Wasteland Survival Guide is a great tutorial side quest, for instance, while Fallout 4's Last Voyage of the USS Constitution uses flavorful staging and characterization to elevate an otherwise-generic side quest to a higher level.)

TAKEAWAY: Side quests present a great opportunity to flesh out the world building and let the player have a supporting role in the defining moments of other characters' lives, especially in an open-world environment.

Baldur's Gate 2
Wasteland 3 lead designer George Ziets loves it when side quests directly affect the gameplay. "Taking something away from the player (or temporarily giving them something new — especially if the player can gain it permanently later) often makes a side quest more memorable," he explains. "A good example comes from a quest involving Jaheira, one of the player’s companions in Baldur's Gate 2."

The quest begins when a nobleman who wants revenge for being exposed as a slaver places a magical curse on Jaheira — whose stats then get progressively weakened until the curse is broken. "Some designers will argue against the tactic of debuffing player-characters until a quest is completed," says Ziets, "but the gameplay implications of this quest were a huge motivator for me, and it made me genuinely angry at the vengeful nobleman. How dare he weaken a member of my carefully-crafted party!"

uhheigdzc8c5.png

Ziets says that this created a sense of urgency and made the side quest feel much more personal, although he cautions that it's not a design tactic to be taken lightly — do it poorly and players will get angry at the game as much as the villainous characters.

He adds that he believes that side quests should always take an unexpected turn at some point along the way — a view that he attributes to Baldur's Gate 2's untrustworthy NPCs. He cites another example involving Jaheira: first she tells the player they've been summoned to the headquarters of her faction, but then on arrival they're interrogated and sentenced to magical imprisonment — whereupon they must fight their way out. "Later the party is confronted by Jaheira’s old mentor," says Ziets, "who warns her that the other Harpers now view her as a traitor, and she renounces her membership in the faction that has defined her throughout the game. But the quest takes a turn when the player discovers that the local Harpers are traitors, and Jaheira’s mentor has joined them."

Tomaszkiewicz also had great praise for the optional quests in Baldur's Gate 2, singling out two sets of side quests in particular: the stronghold quests, which are tailored according to the player's chosen class, and the Ust Natha storyline, which involves going undercover in the Drow society. He says that these Ust Natha side quests "were built in a way that allowed you to experience how the Drow go about their lives, but [they] gave you options to solve them in a way that would be true to your character."

TAKEAWAY: Some of the most memorable side quests create motivation by threatening something that matters to gameplay or offering an unexpected twist. Others define the quest parameters to according to the player's character stats or customizations.

Gothic 1 and 2 — side quests that build immersion
You could describe the first two Gothic games as being like Elder Scrolls Morrowind set in an intricate fantasy prison, then remade from a fraction of the budget, and while they're full of bugs and design oversights and awkward voice acting, there's one element that they excel at.

Tomaszkiewicz argues that the special thing the Gothic games do — especially the second one — is to use side quests and activities to build immersion. How a player's character develops affects how these optional elements unfold. "For example, there was this tough bully that wouldn’t let you enter the port’s tavern and was pretty hard to beat in the beginning," he explains. "But if you initially avoided the confrontation and then visited him after you became a Mage, his attitude toward you would be completely different — he’d show you respect due to the office you were holding."

maxresdefault.jpg

"The game was full of small touches like that, making the world seem more alive and interactive, ripe with possibilities."

TAKEAWAY: The most important function of a side quest is not to keep the player busy or help them grind up their stats; it's to immerse them more deeply within the game.

Planescape: Torment — subverting expectations and conventions
With a script that's around 800,000 words long and a protagonist with lost memories who wakes up in a mortuary every time he dies (not to mention the quirky cast of support characters, which includes a world weary floating skull and a succubus who doesn't like to seduce mortals), you'd expect Planescape: Torment to have at least a few great side quests. And it certainly delivers, especially for players who love to get extra bits of story.

Ziets (who has worked on the recent Torment games but not the 1999 Infinity Engine original) points to the game's trope-breaking Mar's Box side quest as one of the standouts. "It starts out like a standard fedex quest," he says. "An NPC (Mar) hands me a box and asks me to deliver it to another NPC. Being a well-trained RPG player, I naturally accept. But it turns out that nobody wants the box, and I get passed from character to character. Everyone is horrified to see the box and wants nothing to do with it. Worse, the box turns out to be cursed, and I can’t get rid of it. I can open the box, but that releases the horrible thing that’s trapped inside, resulting in a difficult fight."

ss_a890058eb5a75513ce25c10c208d7b74827b595d_1920x1080.jpg

The player can eventually find someone to remove the curse, and when they're ready they can head back to Mar and confront him — at which point he bargains for his life. "That moment of satisfaction at the end and feeling like a badass — confronting the guy who set me up and seeing that he’s scared — is important," explains Ziets. "It brings the quest full circle and makes the player feel like they’re ultimately in charge — sure, the game tricked them, but in the end, the player can have the last laugh."

TAKEAWAY: Side quests tend to fall into one of a set of standard tropes like fetching or delivering an object/person. Play with them, twist them, and subvert the player's expectations.

Yakuza 0's quirky substories
RPGs don't have a monopoly on good side quests — run of the mill open-world games can surprise and delight with their non-essential missions, too. Few accomplish this better than Yakuza 0, which rivals even The Witcher 3 on the sheer volume of available missions.

yakuza-0-screen-02-ps4-us-26sep16.jpg

At their core, most Yakuza 0 side quests — or substories, as they're called in-game — are dead simple: press a button to choose between a few dialogue/action options, several times, then beat up some guys. But to describe them in this way is to ignore the humor, nuance, and poignancy they bring to the game, and it would ignore their long-term impact — the addition of the oddball cast of people helped to the game's two core management mini-games (which are an important source of income). Over the course of the game, Kiryu and co can get themselves temporarily mixed up in the lives of tragedy-stricken gangsters, a trainee dominatrix, doomsday cultists, a kid too scared to buy an adult magazine, a disco dancer, and more, with each side quest punctuated by some nugget of entertaining or touching dialogue.

TAKEAWAY: The key to making a simple side quest memorable is in the characterization — use of humor, offbeat characters who don't quite fit expectations, and nuanced social commentary can go a long way.

Don't just follow the tropes
The question to ask, besides 'what makes a good side quest?', is 'what kinds of side quests do we want here?' (which should then have a follow-up of 'and how do we make them interesting?'). Side quests can be about collecting non-essential stories, like in Lost Odyssey, or testing a player's skills in ways the main game doesn't, or they can build immersion or boost a character's stats or resources or give comic relief. They can be a great way to explore a mechanic that's underused in the main game, too. Form follows function, and only by carefully considering both can you end up with something special.

There are also plenty of interesting non-traditional side quests, which perhaps fall more in the realms of being optional game modes. Lots of people have fond memories of Final Fantasy VII's chocobo racing and breeding, for instance, in an effort to get the gold chocobo and in turn to unlock the Knights of the Round materia and access some extra areas. The GTA series has also been great on this front, with GTA V's paparazzi side missions and San Andreas' array of optional activities — vigilante missions, firefighting, gang wars, dirt track racing, boxing, and even dating — among the highlights.

As noted in Chris Avellone's side quest design guidelines at the top, however, going outside of the core game mechanics, undermining the basic principles of the world, or upstaging the main questline is very risky — so there's a fine line to tread whenever trying something unusual.

Thanks to Chris Avellone, Brad Johnson, George Ziets, Bruce Nesmith, and Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz for their help putting this list together.

Brad Johnson, level designer of Voilition; Bruce Nesmith, Bethesda's quest designer; Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, CD Projekt RED's quest designer.

Skall

Learned
Good article; came here to post it if it wasn't already.

One of my own personal favourites would have be the Silver Shroud, easily the best part of Fallout 4. Much like the ghoul spaceship quest it was on the silly side, but worked quite well within the setting. Largely spoofing The Shadow, the quest involved a custom radio station, a journey to hunt down the show's memorabilia, emails from old production sets, justice dispensed with the Silver Shroud's fully voiced persona, and calling cards left on the bodies to warn the Wasteland's dastardly doers that their time is up!

They even recorded custom lines/scripts for the expansions when embodying the Silver Shroud, and at this point I'd much rather play a full-blown game based on the gimmick -- purging crime from the Wasteland while the radio host relays my exploits -- than whatever Bethesda has planned for a Fallout sequel.

Granted this was a very resource-heavy side-quest, so I'm wondering what everyone else found memorable that relied more on existing assets.

frajaq

Erudite
That Fallout 4 Robot DLC questline also had different dialogue choices if you were the Silver Shroud too, which was pretty funny

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I played BGII a million times but missed that 'The Harfners are traitors' thing. I never liked Jaheira and dumped her most of the time as soon as I was out of the dungeon, but I thought I did all companion quests.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Side quests should use the core gameplay mechanics and avoid special case new functionality (or be careful with it). This includes having the same range of reactivity, choices, and consequences as a normal quest in the main plot, although the scope of the reactivity, etc. may be smaller.

Chris ignored his own advice here with his ideas for Pillars of Eternity. :M

Mark Richard

Arcane
Nothing gets players sweating like an old fashioned curse, especially if it worsens with time. One such cursed object in Legends of Eisenwald isn't accompanied by a quest marker pointing to an obvious solution. Instead you have to reach for the online guide use your wits and ask around in the right places.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I love it when my dick is following a side-quest. Good times.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Side quests should use the core gameplay mechanics and avoid special case new functionality (or be careful with it). This includes having the same range of reactivity, choices, and consequences as a normal quest in the main plot, although the scope of the reactivity, etc. may be smaller.

Not fair. To Avellone, navigating large chunks of text/dialogue trees is THE core gameplay mechanic. Every good dialogue tree is a CYOA!

I meant that to sound snarky, but after reading it I'm pretty sure this is a substantial part of what makes MCA great.

Cross

Arcane
I was gonna say it's a surprisingly decent article...until I noticed the underhanded praise for Bethesda's Fallouts from the author, who must have been disappointed that his interviewees chose to highlight those other Fallout games.

(Side note: I've limited Fallout's presence here to two games for balance, but every entry in the series is widely recognized for excellent quest writing and design, with numerous side quests worthy of study. Fallout 3's Wasteland Survival Guide is a great tutorial side quest, for instance, while Fallout 4's Last Voyage of the USS Constitution uses flavorful staging and characterization to elevate an otherwise-generic side quest to a higher level.)

You could describe the first two Gothic games as being like Elder Scrolls Morrowind set in an intricate fantasy prison, then remade from a fraction of the budget, and while they're full of bugs and design oversights and awkward voice acting, there's one element that they excel at.
:hmmm: Said author apparently also isn't aware that Gothic predates Morrowind by more than a year and obviously has higher production values.

In his defense, it's not exactly hard to exceed the "range of reactivity, choices, and consequences as a normal quest in the main plot" of Pillars of Eternity (i.e. next to none).

Last edited:

Fairfax

Arcane

Not really. The "mental dungeon" wasn't a new mechanic, it was just normal dialogue.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not really. The "mental dungeon" wasn't a new mechanic, it was just normal dialogue.

It didn't use what Josh considered core gameplay and Fensty said that they didn't have time to implement the dungeons nor the special art resources (that no other companion required) to spare.

v1rus

Arcane
If you have no mention of Arcanum in an article about great side-quests you can fuck off.

Hm. What would you say, which of Arcanum side-quests are among the best?

I seem to have trouble remembering almost any (Stillwater Giant or those Gnomish experiments on ogres come to mind), even tho I did each and every one, but thats probably cause they merged with the main quest in my memory.

Fairfax

Arcane
It didn't use what Josh considered core gameplay
That's on Sawyer, though.

and Fensty said that they didn't have time to implement the dungeons nor the special art resources (that no other companion required) to spare.
The game still had dream-like sequences, they just used very simple effects.

You could argue his ideas didn't have "the same range of reactivity" as the main quest, but that's just something the game failed to deliver. :M

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If you have no mention of Arcanum in an article about great side-quests you can fuck off.
And yet they have place for Yakuza,a game that couldn't even be compared to the others. They also forgot Deus Ex,i am still sad that i didn't give the hotel owner a shotgun,fuck Jojo.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You could argue his ideas didn't have "the same range of reactivity" as the main quest, but that's just something the game failed to deliver. :M

A necessity given the game they promised to make. Raedric's Hold was the one big sidequest where they went wild with reactivity and different ways and means of completion, and it shipped in a broken state. Shipping the entire game like that would have been a disaster.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

It didn't use what Josh considered core gameplay and Fensty said that they didn't have time to implement the dungeons nor the special art resources (that no other companion required) to spare.

I thought it was normal dialogue, too, like the unbroken circle, but apparently that was not MCA's original intent:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78683-cut-content-durance-and-grieving-mother/

A few, I suppose. At a high level, this may be shooting myself in the foot, but I've become increasingly interested in narratives without words, especially after New Vegas (where prop placement told better stories, imo).

At a specific level, in Eternity, the original premise of the companions I wrote (Durance and the Grieving Mother) was unpeeling the layers and discovering what they were at the core – unpeeling these layers involved slipping stealthily into their unconscious, a dungeon made out of their memories. There, the player could go through an adventure game-like series of interactions, exploring their memories using psychological items important to both your character and to them as emotional keys to thread your way through the memories – but carefully, without revealing your presence. The memory dungeon was to uncover their shared history, how it impacted you, and the core of who they were as people.

And their core was pretty unpleasant. Both of them were very bad, very weak people, committing not only violations on each other, but on the player as well. When faced with the discovery that your allies, even if they fiercely support you and fight for a larger cause, have some pretty horrid faults, what do you do? Do you pass sentence? Do you forgive? Do you assist them to reach an understanding? And what I found more interesting with the spiritual physics in the Eternity world is that a death sentence isn't a sentence – killing someone actually sets a soul free to move on to the next generation. So if you intend to punish someone in a world like that, either out of revenge or to correct their behavior, how do you do it when execution is not an answer?

The elements above got stripped out of the companions in the end, so I'm happy to share it here (and I may re-examine it in the future). Overall, I thought they raised interesting questions for the player to chew on, and it was interesting to explore those themes, as most game narratives and franchises wouldn't allow for such examinations – still, Eternity was intended to be a more personal project for Obsidian where we can stretch our narrative legs more, both in structure and themes.

I don't know how to interpret this. Was Chris saying he wanted text-based CYOA interactions, like what made it into the game with GM? Because it sounds like he's talking about an actual memory dungeon level with lots of environmental storytelling. Describing it as like an adventure game suggests that he wanted to go well beyond the core gameplay mechanics. I'm sure I must be retreading very old ground here, though.

Did he eventually render this stuff in dialogue tree/CYOA format? If so then Josh and Eric are assholes for keeping it out to avoid walls of text; it's a fucking side quest. If not, then the asshole may be on the other foot.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Did he eventually render this stuff in dialogue tree/CYOA format? If so then Josh and Eric are assholes for keeping it out to avoid walls of text; it's a fucking side quest.

That wasn't the reason.
The three limiting factors were time to implement, art resources for the dream sequences, and [thing the Codex got hung up on instead of the others]...It was a shitty thing to have to do, but we'd never have been able to implement the original versions in time to ship.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Did he eventually render this stuff in dialogue tree/CYOA format? If so then Josh and Eric are assholes for keeping it out to avoid walls of text; it's a fucking side quest.

That wasn't the reason.
The three limiting factors were time to implement, art resources for the dream sequences, and [thing the Codex got hung up on instead of the others]...It was a shitty thing to have to do, but we'd never have been able to implement the original versions in time to ship.

Then the asshole is most definitely on the other foot. Is that from Eric? What I don't understand is why Chris didn't convert it all into text then, something he's very good at, and maybe scale back the consequences? That seems like it would've been doable. Aside from the fact that he'd grown disenchanted with text based narratives.

Fairfax

Arcane

A necessity given the game they promised to make. Raedric's Hold was the one big sidequest where they went wild with reactivity and different ways and means of completion, and it shipped in a broken state. Shipping the entire game like that would have been a disaster.
Reactivity was a big part of the game they promised to make, however, and the game was shipped in a broken state anyway.

Then the asshole is most definitely on the other foot. Is that from Eric? What I don't understand is why Chris didn't convert it all into text then, something he's very good at, and maybe scale back the consequences? That seems like it would've been doable. Aside from the fact that he'd grown disenchanted with text based narratives.
It was just text. He called it a "dungeon" because you'd explore her memories through dialogue and learn about the shared history between the GM and Durance, which they don't recall:

Durance was a priest of Magran who helped build the bomb that destroyed St. Waidwen. The others who worked on it were killed, but Durance survived. He is an anti-authoritarian wanderer, who has particular dislike of the Aedyr Empire (and Readceras). He despises Eothas and anyone who worships him. Durance spent many years following the Saint's War, rooting out Eothas sympathizers; then not long after, rooting out those he believed responsible for the Hollowborn crisis. This led him to torture and ruin the soul of the Grieving Mother (in defense, she was forced to wound his soul to make him stop). Neither one of them recognizes the other when and if they meet.
The "Grieving Mother" (GM) is a cipher who acted as a midwife in a local community. She was blamed for the births of other Hollowborn children in her community and, specifically, she was punished viciously and unjustly by Durance who saw her as part of the Hollowborn crisis.

The Grieving Mother's powerful cipher abilities cause awareness and perceptions to slide off of her, and she is difficult to recognize. Many simply see her as an unremarkable peasant woman who travels with the party and is not worth addressing.

She sees others through their souls, not their physical appearance. She does not communicate with people in the environment; although she may counsel the player on a course of action she feels strongly about and will warn the player of danger whenever possible. She is strongly motivated to end the Hollowborn crisis (even if it causes other problems), and she believes the Watcher is necessary for this to happen.

She does not blame Durance for the violations that were done to her soul and her body. She does not recognize him when he is in the party, as his soul is different from when they first met. The damage she did to him, arguably in self-defense, was considerable and far outweighed what was done to her. She is not an anguished figure. In many respects, she is quite serene and calm, even when inflicting harm on another (and she would kill without hesitation to protect her primary goals: ending the crisis and protecting the player). She often prefers to speak through visions rather than words.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Reactivity was a big part of the game they promised to make, however, and the game was shipped in a broken state anyway.

There was plenty of narrative reactivity, and the critical path was completable without gamebreaking bugs, so mission accomplished. :M

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That is a good list of games. I would have to add Arcanum and VBtM to the list. Maybe a few more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom