Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Deleted member 7219

It's been up on GoG for some time. Finally, downloading my legal and patched copy :P

CAhBYIX.jpg

Hey, you made good on your word. I respect that.

:bro:

Rev

Arcane
It's been up on GoG for some time. Finally, downloading my legal and patched copy :P

Hey, you made good on your word. I respect that.

:bro:
AwesomeButton is a cool guy.

Btw, everyone I'm at the part where I have to investigate in Sasau for the main quest, after meeting Ulrich and reporting back to Fryar or what his name is about the coins. How far am I into the game?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Btw, everyone I'm at the part where I have to investigate in Sasau for the main quest, after meeting Ulrich and reporting back to Fryar or what his name is about the coins. How far am I into the game?
Slightly over halfway. Shortly after that you have the Monastery, then Vranik, then almost the end.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
So the edgelords, upon playing the game for many hours after priating it (or not playing it at all), take to the forums in riteous fury. Why is the internets filled with people who seethe in the attempt to convince anonymous people that they are right on a subjective matter?

Look - it's just an overpriced piece of crap. Deal with it Shitbatso.

What gravity do you expect a value statement related to your income to have?

Cost is relative to other products in a market. (Thus my Mount and Blade comparison)
I could be a billionaire and still think this broken piece of euro shit is overpriced.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
So the edgelords, upon playing the game for many hours after priating it (or not playing it at all), take to the forums in riteous fury. Why is the internets filled with people who seethe in the attempt to convince anonymous people that they are right on a subjective matter?

Look - it's just an overpriced piece of crap. Deal with it Shitbatso.

What gravity do you expect a value statement related to your income to have?

Cost is relative to other products in a market. (Thus my Mount and Blade comparison)
I could be a billionaire and still think this broken piece of euro shit is overpriced.

... Highly unlikely IMO. I am not a billionaire certainly, but 50 bux is not a concern, particularly when comparing to other games around the same price.

M&B is a special case and not really a benchmark but a high watermark as far as value for dollar goes.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
FFS, watch out for FUCKING GoG pushing its GOG Galaxy shit on you. The download page defaults to GOG Galaxy Installer instead of the "classic installer", and you have to switch manually before you start downloading files. In all the excitement, I noticed this when I was already downloading the last 4GB bin :argh:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
How I've been playing KCD:

-Imma do a quest
-Ooh a deer
-Shoot deer, loot meat
-Ooh another deer
-Moar meet
-Deer! It's coming right for me!
-ALL THE MEAT
-Horse is full, gotta sell the meat
-"Hi I'm happy merchant, I haz 20 grokshen"
-Horseback tour of every city
-Sell meat to every merchant in 20 mile radius
-Still more meat to sell
-Shit, nighttime, gotta sleep
-Race against the clock!
-Manage to sell all the meat before it rots
-What was I doing again?
-Imma do a quest
-Ooh a deer

10/10 best medieval poaching simulator available.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

For what purpose? The chances of pulling off a successful combo go out the window after you start fighting high level enemies since your first attack is generally master stroked and you will kill them in less than 4 strikes with a decent weapon. The only combo I need is just going against them, winning a clinch and applying mace to head.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So I have a question:

A bandit scum ambushes me. I beat him up a bit and then he gives up and runs away.

Is it more honorable to allow him to flee or to chase and kill him to prevent him from attacking other innocents in an ambush?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How I've been playing KCD:

-Imma do a quest
-Ooh a deer
-Shoot deer, loot meat
-Ooh another deer
-Moar meet
-Deer! It's coming right for me!
-ALL THE MEAT
-Horse is full, gotta sell the meat
-"Hi I'm happy merchant, I haz 20 grokshen"
-Horseback tour of every city
-Sell meat to every merchant in 20 mile radius
-Still more meat to sell
-Shit, nighttime, gotta sleep
-Race against the clock!
-Manage to sell all the meat before it rots
-What was I doing again?
-Imma do a quest
-Ooh a deer

10/10 best medieval poaching simulator available.
I just shoot them from the hoarse and left them. The meat doesn't rots when is on the deer,also it says for a long time,days maybe indefinitely,i frequently find the dead carcases of old hunts.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
So I have a question:

A bandit scum ambushes me. I beat him up a bit and then he gives up and runs away.

Is it more honorable to allow him to flee or to chase and kill him to prevent him from attacking other innocents in an ambush?
Apply mace to head. Always.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So I have a question:

An arrow in the back from a hoarse back :obviously:! Running is annoying!

Shin

Cipher
So I have a question:

I always sneak up behind and them and dagger them. It's gamey.. I know, but better than having to chase the fucker halfway around the map since he suddenly transformed into potato ussain bolt after you beat him half to death.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I have a question:

I always sneak up behind and them and dagger them. It's gamey.. I know, but better than having to chase the fucker halfway around the map since he suddenly transformed into potato ussain bolt after you beat him half to death.
Use bows.
As soon as they start running, take the bow out and shoot. Usually you can get one or two shots, which should be enough as they run in a straight line.

Is it just me or are the combos simply worthless?
Usually, my first or second attack in the chain gets blocked or dodged and that's about it.
And those few times the initial attack does not get blocked, the combo just decides not to work, even though all attacks were made in the right direction. It's just a giant hassle with little gain.
I'm axes level 11 by now and still the best strategy is to just try and go for riposte each time. Or, of course, just mash attack because chances are they run out of stamina before you do.

So I have a question:

Apply mace to head. Always.
Was that also your solution to Lady Stephanie's quest or the one in the monastery where you need to heal the wounded? :lol:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Is it just me or are the combos simply worthless?
Usually, my first or second attack in the chain gets blocked or dodged and that's about it.
And those few times the initial attack does not get blocked, the combo just decides not to work, even though all attacks were made in the right direction. It's just a giant hassle with little gain.
I'm axes level 11 by now and still the best strategy is to just try and go for riposte each time.
Don't bother with combos. You may have some luck at the beginning but high level enemies will just master strike you most of the time on the first attack. You need to attack as early as possible after the last strike to maybe pull it off, but you won't pull it off since as I said, enemies block everything.
My "combo" of choice is to go push up against your enemy and force them in a clinch and spam M2, then go for a overhead strike.

Was that also your solution to Lady Stephanie's quest or the one in the monastery where you need to heal the wounded? :lol:
Oh, fuck both those quests. Unfortunately NPCs respawn after a week so if I did apply my glorious Bailiff's Mace to their heads, I'd have to kill them again.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder if it's possible for hunting to be fixed. I just saw a guy kill a deer by shooting a single arrow in the deer's ass. Also, arrows shouldn't be recoverable 100% of the time intact. You have such an item as "broken arrow" in the game already. I can understand killing a rabbit with a single arrow which hits it anywhere, but a deer should be instakilled only with arrows to the head, heart or throat/neck.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Does anyone know what 'Unknown Potion' does? I've drank like 6 of the things with no effect but +1 nourishment.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Does anyone know what 'Unknown Potion' does? I've drank like 6 of the things with no effect but +1 nourishment.
It is different potion mate. It depends what the potion is actually. You get it from random alchemy mixture. Sometimes could be poison,most times it is useless,look at it as tea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom