Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Deleted member 7219

Argh, I've been trying to get S rank on every chapter (this being my second playthrough), but I only got an A rank on Act 1 Part 2.
I didn't beat Bleublanc and Altina quickly enough.
I'll leave that particular achievement to NG+ I guess.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Argh, I've been trying to get S rank on every chapter (this being my second playthrough), but I only got an A rank on Act 1 Part 2.
I didn't beat Bleublanc and Altina quickly enough.
I'll leave that particular achievement to NG+ I guess.
That's why it's good to have hard saves every so often.

Deleted member 7219

Just shared a hot bath with Instructor Sara.

Now I'm gearing her up. Not to get all high school, but the costume DLC is definitely worth it.

TOCS 2 is currently my favourite game OF ALL TIME, yo.

afvjgi.jpg

Naesaki

Novice
Oh Square Enix, why oh why do you continue to be lazy and release iOS ports of your gaming greats on Steam. Chrono Trigger deserves better. :(

I intended to do this with Sara but having played through the game a few times before I was determined to get the unique accessory for having Sharon's bond the highest out of her Toval and Claire this time around. Should hopefully still have Sara's bond high enough at the end though.

The Lean Mean Rean Delay Machine could not be ignored, give him the accessory and the true gladiator belt and the impede line of quartz and just never let the enemy have a turn ever again. :v Well unless they are delay resistant, then its Fie 100% evasion tank power hour + CP Battery Alisa + Endless Crescent Shell Emma + Endless Platinum Sword Jusis.

Oh how easily you can break this game and make Nightmare a joke, I always refrained from doing the cheese tactics out of sheer principle but finally decided to give it a whirl, at least once.

It seems like ao no kiseki's translation was done

http://gurennoheyakara.blogspot.co.id/p/games.html?m=1

They gonna release a patch this or next month i think, and it wont be edited till supremezerker is done with zero, but fuck yessaaas

Maximum yaaaaaaaaaass and with Zero being so close now as well, almost feels like a dream that we'll finally get to enjoy the crossbell arc. I might buy the legitimate pc version of Zero soon from the DLSite so I can apply Zero's patch when that is done, hopefully at some point we'll have a legitimate pc version for Ao (Azure) since the chinese ver of it is super filled with obtuse DRM.

Though I suppose there is the psp-emulator
thinking.png

Last edited:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Somewhat O/T but since we're all JRPG fans, Chrono Trigger is now out on Steam: https://www.dualshockers.com/chrono-trigger-steam-pc-release/

I actually never played through the game myself, only played it for a bit on SNES back in the day as a young'un.

:hmmm:

Promoting an awful port in a thread about amazing ports.

If anything it illustrates just how amazing XSEED are with their ports of Japanese games.
The port is bad? Sad to hear then. :negative:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Oh Square Enix, why oh why do you continue to be lazy and release iOS ports of your gaming greats on Steam. Chrono Trigger deserves better. :(

I intended to do this with Sara but having played through the game a few times before I was determined to get the unique accessory for having Sharon's bond the highest out of her Toval and Claire this time around. Should hopefully still have Sara's bond high enough at the end though.

The Lean Mean Rean Delay Machine could not be ignored, give him the accessory and the true gladiator belt and the impede line of quartz and just never let the enemy have a turn ever again. :v Well unless they are delay resistant, then its Fie 100% evasion tank power hour + CP Battery Alisa + Endless Crescent Shell Emma + Endless Platinum Sword Jusis.

Oh how easily you can break this game and make Nightmare a joke, I always refrained from doing the cheese tactics out of sheer principle but finally decided to give it a whirl, at least once.

It seems like ao no kiseki's translation was done

http://gurennoheyakara.blogspot.co.id/p/games.html?m=1

They gonna release a patch this or next month i think, and it wont be edited till supremezerker is done with zero, but fuck yessaaas

Maximum yaaaaaaaaaass and with Zero being so close now as well, almost feels like a dream that we'll finally get to enjoy the crossbell arc. I might buy the legitimate pc version of Zero soon from the DLSite so I can apply Zero's patch when that is done, hopefully at some point we'll have a legitimate pc version for Ao (Azure) since the chinese ver of it is super filled with obtuse DRM.

Though I suppose there is the psp-emulator
thinking.png

You never skip out on a hot bath with Sara, EVER. :argh:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So wait, Ao's translation is 60% done, but Zero's is completely done and there's a fan patch in the works? How does that work I'm confused.

Tl;dr still no Crossbell games for the west any time soon unless weird stuff happens and Crossbell ports occur before CS3

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So wait, Ao's translation is 60% done, but Zero's is completely done and there's a fan patch in the works? How does that work I'm confused.

Tl;dr still no Crossbell games for the west any time soon unless weird stuff happens and Crossbell ports occur before CS3
no. Zero's translation is 100% done and playable since last year.

The 60% done is the editing, which is done by a different group. Like the translation is rough and dont use Xseed's established terms and jargons.

The editing team also sought (and quite succeeded) in patching the chinese PC port into a workable version in modern PC, with widescreen, hi res and 60 FPS support whereas the "draft" translation, you cN only play by emulating a patchef .iso of the psp version.

The ao's translation however, is just recently done and i dunno if they have released a patch for it.

I think the geofront team's editing is gonna worth teh wait and at least till it got stuck and p much dead, i am willing to wait a while.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Alright so first game done but the translation is rough, wait for it to be done then Crossbell game #1 is ready to play-ish, gotcha

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The hype around the series made me start playing FC for the third time (didn't play much back in the days) and I'm having a blast!

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The hype around the series made me start playing FC for the third time (didn't play much back in the days) and I'm having a blast!
What's not to like about the game that introduced Olivier and Schera to the world?
I have quite a story with this game. My first run was on PSP and my handbag with it was stolen. The second one was on Steam, but I started playing it right before something long-awaited came out and I had to ditch FC walkthrough without having enough free time to restart up until now.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
What's not to like about the game that introduced Olivier and Schera to the world?
I have quite a story with this game. My first run was on PSP and my handbag with it was stolen. The second one was on Steam, but I started playing it right before something long-awaited came out and I had to ditch FC walkthrough without having enough free time to restart up until now.
Better late than never, now you can become one of us cool kids by going on a Legend of Heroes rampage with TiTs 1-3 and CS1+2 on it's best platform. It's thanks to CS2 that I have other Falcom games on the backburner (Zweii 1 and Tokyo Xanadu).

Naesaki

Novice

I really do hope Olivier and Schera end up together <3 <3

_____

And I got my start to this series randomly by my dad coming home one day and handing me a copy of FC on PSP, said he saw it in a charity shop and he was like "You like those rpgs right, I saw this for £1.50." Best £1.50 my Dad ever spent on me xD

Though whoever gave this game away in the first place, shame on them but at the same time omg yaass cause now LoH is one of my favourite rpg franchises. I'd really love to play some of the previous LoH games that came before Trails.

Incidentally I got into the Tales series the same way with my Dad from yet another charity shop run handing me a copy of Tales of Symphonia for the GameCube.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom