Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Codex Year of the Donut
Honestly they shot themselves in the foot by not doing a backer beta or something. I think they had some type of beta(?) but the amount of testers they had simply wasn't enough.

If I had to guess, the publisher was probably against anything like this.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I still haven't seen any significant bugs - I mean animations, heads missing, etc., I'm not counting someone sitting beside the character you are talking to and in the process bumping into you.

I actually tried getting my horse stuck in bushes while I was trying to take a shortcut, in the end I was able to back away from the bushes and return to the road.

I have played about 40hrs acording to the ingame statistics. I just started the bandit camp part, entering dressed up.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
With all the reports about bugs and questionable features in the game

Here's the breakdown of the "hurr KCD is most buggy game evah" meme - it was started by the early reviewers who played the game on consoles and declined downloading the gigantic day 1 patch. Vavra said in one of the post-launch interview they watched a few reviews and saw several bugs that were fixed in the D1P.

And it was exacerbated by the Sony and Microsoft certification process. The D1P was submitted for certification a few weeks before the release and in the remaining time Warhorse made the 1.2 patch, also pretty big. It was included in the Steam release version but it took Sony two days to certify it and Microsoft only greenlighted it like two days ago. All in all the 1.2 version of the game is no more buggy than Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 were on release - some visual glitches, some NPCs freak out now and then, a broken quest or two.

Generally though it's all pretty standard stuff for open-world RPGs. But again - the relatively stable version was available for PCs on day 1 and two days later for PS4s. For the XBOX owners it was probably a pretty rough ride. Plus on both consoles the texture pop-in is still pretty bad and apparently it crashes a lot (all likely due to the tiny console RAM). The PC version is more or less fine for most people.

I have only one question: is it better to play with a controller or is m&k okay? Can someone please share the impressions?

Combat is much better with a controller, for everything else mouse ftw.

Today I was listening to a podcast called "Gamers with jobs" and the guy went for a 5 minutes rant about Vavra

Gib podcast link.

Last edited:

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Has feinting ever worked for anyone else? It seems completely and totally useless in real combat and only worked in the tutorial.

It works, but you won't get to use it much. But form the start - there are two modes of blocking - constant, where you just keep holding the block button and perfect, when you press it when the green shield pops up. Plus, perfect block, when executed quickly ends in masterstroke/riposte (when learned from Bernard). Now, with that out of the way, constant blocks to work properly require directional positioning, but enemies rarely do it, and if they do, its mostly the trash mobs like peasants or bandits, but if you catch them doing it, you can actually feint and hit. Long story short, the whole combat system is fun, but awfully designed - masterstrokes are the only worthwhile technique, because of low risk (perfect block at worst lol) and high reward (instakill) and only takes a single button press...

Elex

Arbiter
Has feinting ever worked for anyone else? It seems completely and totally useless in real combat and only worked in the tutorial.

It works, but you won't get to use it much. But form the start - there are two modes of blocking - constant, where you just keep holding the block button and perfect, when you press it when the green shield pops up. Plus, perfect block, when executed quickly ends in masterstroke/riposte (when learned from Bernard). Now, with that out of the way, constant blocks to work properly require directional positioning, but enemies rarely do it, and if they do, its mostly the trash mobs like peasants or bandits, but if you catch them doing it, you can actually feint and hit. Long story short, the whole combat system is fun, but awfully designed - masterstrokes are the only worthwhile technique, because of low risk (perfect block at worst lol) and high reward (instakill) and only takes a single button press...
clinch work too is effective and create an opening that don’t allow them to riposte.

combo on the other hand are basically useless: if i need 3-4 hit for kill an enemy he will block all my combos.
yjtgh7pq5ii01.png

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
After I used up my initial saviour schnapps potions, I never bought or crafted any more of them. When I'm done playing, or want to save my state after doing menial tasks like trading or repairs, I simply go back to my house and sleep in a bed, or when playing the main quest, rely on a scripted autosave.

I can't understand what all the crybabies are whining about, again. Too lazy to run back to your safehouse?

Van-d-all

Erudite
With all the reports about bugs and questionable features in the game

Here's the breakdown of the "hurr KCD is most buggy game evah" meme - it was started by the early reviewers who played the game on consoles and declined downloading the gigantic day 1 patch. Vavra said in one of the post-launch interview they watched a few reviews and saw several bugs that were fixed in the D1P.

Yeah, it was the best game in the world. But they had to turn it down just like the auto horse pathfinding. This is just a tribute.

Honestly, there's a limit to straight up bullshit one can swallow. I really like the game, but I sure as hell can't stand the whole fanboyism. It's still buggy as fuck. I don't mind the shitty glitches, like combat animations going Ass Effect, ubi-style disappearing legs, or indoor lightning blinking strobo like it's a medieval rave party. No, I mean the questline bugs, and Warhorse forums are full of them. Damn, of the three people I know to play the game, we pretty much came across the same bugs. Last vagabond quest for instance. On top of that, there's a shitload of game breaking development decisions, like smacking a chest full of endgame items just sitting there unguarded and unlocked on the side of the road, in place you come across in pretty much second mission of the main quest, with the task "to search the area". I just wish Vavra showed as much effort in fixing this shit as he does on inceling about wahmen - shitlording sjws is all fine and dandy, but he's drifting from being game developer to a twitter popstar.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Bathhouse Wenches, Lady Stephanie and Theresa. Who's next in line? How come I didn't get any collectable Witcher 1 style cards? This game truly leaves me wanting more...
I heard talk in town that Wolfram Pruda has his hot daughter locked in his basement. I did try to follow him to figure out where he lives, but he's slow and I got bored.

Van-d-all

Erudite

I'm just waiting for this fool to start spamming bug compilations like all the other dragonlol alts do.

I won't. I'm just genuinely amused to what lengths fanboyism makes people go, because this is some straight Kubler-Ross grade denial. The game is good, not fucking flawless. On a side note, if you want to call other people fools, start with yourself.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Despite all the surface drama in reality nobody actually gives a shit about Vavra or diversity. Even vast majority of the RetardEra posters don't and when anyone tries to virtue signal with this SJW retardery people rip them a new one.

I've mentioned the farce with the Funhouse podcast and the Eurogamer review. And I was watching yesterday an EnterElysium's LP where he said "the game is too white". People immediately ripped him, unfortunately he did what SJWs do - he heroically banned all the "divisive" posts so you can't see the drama anymore. All in all, the SJWs are not winning this one :cool:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Too white... Jesus H Christ. Makes me wonder how they react to a historical movie without BBC influences.

Edit:

Looked him up. Nu-male with stripes of blue in his hair. Case closed I guess.

AwesomeButton

Patron

I'm just waiting for this fool to start spamming bug compilations like all the other dragonlol alts do.

I won't. I'm just genuinely amused to what lengths fanboyism makes people go, because this is some straight Kubler-Ross grade denial. The game is good, not fucking flawless. On a side note, if you want to call other people fools, start with yourself.
No one is saying it's flawless. Shove that straw up yours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom