Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

The real, deep-web hilarity is that the game is about assassinating people and Cleopatra offers to fuck your character when you meet her (as long as you agree to be executed the next morning, and according to her a guy accepted the offer once), so who are you even censoring it for? Anyone offended by marble titties won't touch this game with a rake, or let students touch it.

edit: derp, this was pointed out in the video, missed it. Pause at the ESRB rating screen for a laugh :M

Last edited:

PorkBarrellGuy

The real, deep-web hilarity is that the game is about assassinating people and Cleopatra offers to fuck your character when you meet her (as long as you agree to be executed the next morning, and according to her a guy accepted the offer once), so who are you even censoring it for?
d479c58271.gif

PorkBarrellGuy

Kitty! Probably drugged out of its gourd.

EDIT: Trying to decide if that cruiser says "City of Temecula" like I think it does (would match up with the TV channel). Temecula's full of rich cunts.

EDIT 2: Yup, Temecula. Wew lads, how's that habitat encroachment issue working for ya?

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

:abyssgazer:

Imagine that you're a young woman with some tasty curves; and it can only mean one thing - you're a perfect sacrifice to the King of the boobs! Avoid traps, fight monsters or hide from them, solve puzzles, dance. And remember: the main goal is to save your BOOBS!

Boobs Saga - is a satirical 3D action.

Key features:

- Unique weapons (gatling boobs (или gatling gun boobs), strapon-plasma gun and more);

- Ultraviolence;

- Cooperative campaign;

- Customisable character;

- Playable demon character;

- Amazing puzzles;

- Realistic women breasts and ass physics;

- Truly special atmosphere;

- Dangerous traps;

- Girls in swimsuits, blood, screams and many more...

Of course it's from Russia, with love.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
"Hey you know what would be cool to have in our historical game where we employed researchers to make it authentic? Add in a mode that lets players discover the real historical sights we implemented, that makes it useable for educational purposes. Pretty cool idea, huh? Oh, also let's completely sabotage this idea by censoring the statues that are nude, therefore actually reducing the game's value as an educational tool since it is now no longer as authentic. GREAT IDEA, HUH?"

Why sea shells, when fig leaves are a much better, and historically proven, way to do this.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seems to be a dysfunctional family.

If true there is more to hit than him just flipping his shit. Found that link the commentaries.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The fact that the ending tells the viewer (without showing it) that the inspector is killed.

One defining point of the game is that you, as the inspector, are never truly in danger (at least to begin with). Everything bad that happens, happens to other people. And most of the time that bad happens to other people because of your decisions. You're meant to feel that, which is why you're given some safety from the horrors around you. The film should do the same, and does its best at that. They get this point across in an earlier scene that the inspector feels for his decisions, his personal pain for being so strict and unyielding to the rules. The ending scene shows what happens when he actually bends the rules, even just a little... and in true tradition to the game he should survive, he should be made to realize the significance of his actions.

Some people pay for their mistakes with their lives. Some people have to live with their mistakes for the rest of their lives. Which one hits harder?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I played the game only a little bit, but I do remember you had to make enough money to live and that letting people in that shouldn't be in gave you a lesser salary ; you had a family to feed, IIRC ?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Quoting this post I found over in the Adventure Games News thread in this thread:

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-making-of-sam-max-hit-the-road/

The making of Sam & Max Hit The Road

Creator Steve Purcell discusses the characters' origins and the classic adventure game in this archive interview.

Welcome to the first Retro Gamer guest article on PC Gamer, where we feature PC-focused articles from across the magazine's long history. This making of Sam & Max Hit The Road was originally published in issue 22 of Retro Gamer all the way back in 2006, and here it's presented online in full for the very first time.

This made me do a spit take. PC Gamer, the "pinnacle" of PC gaming websites/magazines (LOL) is now digging up old articles from the Retro Gamer magazine and reprinting them.

This needs a little backstory. Retro Gamer is, as the name suggests, a monthly magazine specializing in retro gaming, be it on home computers, old consoles, arcades, homebrew or emulation. They've got it all covered. As I've mentioned numerous times here, I've been a subscriber for almost its entire run, and despite some problems and setbacks I've stayed a faithful subscriber for close to 14 years now.

Until early last year, when Retro Gamer's publisher was bought by Future Publishing, which publishes PC Gamer. Far too many people reacted to the buy-out with a "uh-oh"-sound. It didn't take long to realize why. Magazines that used to arrive in durable plastic bags to subscribers started arriving damaged in flimsy but intact plastic bags to subscribers. It took a while to figure out why that was: Future Publishing was shipping print fault-magazines (copies that become damaged during printing) to subscribers. We're talking torn covers, broken spines, holes that go through dozens of pages, and so on. I had heard of people getting their issues in such horrible conditions before I even got my first damaged copy, and I immediately contact Customer Support when that happened. I might as well have yelled at a wall. For three months I sent them photos of the damage on my magazines and demanded that replacement copies be sent. For three months I had their service representatives telling me that the copies were in the mail. For three months I got no replacement issues. Fortunately for me my subscription was about to expire, so I just let it. I sent off one final message to Customer Support telling them how they'd lied to me for three months, and told them I would not renew my subscription until they fix their shit. Their reaction was to extend my subscription for six months for free. That meant six more damaged issues. I had to replace every single one of them via a third party, and I've been buying the mag from a third party ever since.

Except now even that is starting to fail, as the third party-sellers (bookstores and magazine retailers, all based on London) are also now getting damaged magazines from Future Publishing. They are not improving their printing runs, as they should have done the moment this shit-storm started. But I'm getting weekly messages from them (either by e-mail or snail mail) about how they have such wonderful subscription offers for me. Yeah, no.

And now Future Publishing is using Retro Gamer's back catalogue of articles in their "flagship" gaming magazine, while doing absolutely nothing for Retro Gamer itself. Retro Gamer is literally being carved up at the butchers, by its own publisher, to prop up other publications. If I were employed at Retro Gamer I'd start looking for a new job right about now, as this is a slippery slope to the day when Retro Gamer gets cancelled as an independent mag, and its content (past and future) just becomes a set of pages in other gaming mags from Future Publishing.

Retro Gamer's most recent issue is #178 (which came out Thursday). Unless Future Publishing gets its shit straight the mag won't live to see #200, and even #190 isn't a guarantee at this point.

:decline::decline::decline: of the single best source of retro gaming news there is.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I never liked Retro Gamer... they have some cool articles & interviews, but the editorial line is so close-minded...

Seriously, 178 issues and the only cover about CRPGs is Diablo. Even Kotaku talks more about older CRPGs than they do.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
I never liked Retro Gamer... they have some cool articles & interviews, but the editorial line is so close-minded...

Seriously, 178 issues and the only cover about CRPGs is Diablo. Even Kotaku talks more about older CRPGs than they do.

Have you noticed how the front cover is a Nintendo game about 50% of the time and a Sega game about 33% of the time?

They do it to try to get more sales. Front cover has to appeal to the lowest common denominator and all that.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Needs a scene after credits of a soldier next to inspector who shot the kolechian scum, siren wails end of day. "See you tomorrow, inspector" then queue music for 4 bars and fin

alternative, soldier and inspector approach sergius corpse and the kolechian filth, same as above, inspector bends down and tucks the locket into serguis pocket, snap to black, music, fin

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane

>Posts video about a VR game he seemingly enjoyed
>Channers go "Crowbcat is a shill, Crowbcat is over"
>Gets bullied into deleting the video
>Reuploads video shitting on VR 3 days later instead
>"I...I wanna be one of the cool guys, guyz! Look I can still shit on stuff, I... I totally didn't enjoy it or anything!"

The state of edgy contrarian YouTube shitposters.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom