Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Rev

Arcane
I hope this doesn't fail, I need at least one good AAA game. Other than Prey last year, they were all garbage.
Up until now, CDP has yet to fail a single game. Maybe they'll start with CP2077 but I trust them to make at the very least a decent/good title.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hope this doesn't fail, I need at least one good AAA game. Other than Prey last year, they were all garbage.
Up until now, CDP has yet to fail a single game. Maybe they'll start with CP2077 but I trust them to make at the very least a decent/good title.

It will be as good as Witcher 1 was, their first title.

They never made an FPS before, they never made an indepth RPG before.
They never made multiplayer before. So expect Cyberpunk 2155 to be ... the one.

So I don't know where this fanboish trust comes from.

They're bound to disappoint someone in the end because making a FPS/true RPG is very hard.
At least they will not disappoint the "gaem jurnos" that will clamor to praise it even if it's shit, standing only on quality graphix and some quests design as if nowadays it's enough to have a quality game.
Oh, it is... (eg. Witcher 3)

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Inexperienced CDPR is among the best CDPR. The first Witcher, the first closed beta of Gwent (funny enough, balance patches were alot more conservative during closed beta), all were quite fun is flawed. CP2077 will be their first FPS/RPG.
At least they will not disappoint the "gaem jurnos" that will clamor to praise it even if it's shit, standing only on quality graphix and some quests design as if nowadays it's enough to have a quality game.
Or not. Polygon will probably take revenge after the Witcher 3 review backlash.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
We shall see.
CDProjekt will attend to E3 this year (they confirmed) and we all shall see what all these last years were used on. :)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

It will be as good as Witcher 1 was, their first title.

They never made an FPS before, they never made an indepth RPG before.
They never made multiplayer before. So expect Cyberpunk 2155 to be ... the one.

So I don't know where this fanboish trust comes from.

Witcher 1 was the best Witcher :whiteknight:

Aphex81

Scholar
I wish they'd have used the Shadowrun licence but then again: Shamans, Mages, Ki-Adepts, Riggers, Critters and Dragons. That would have meant a whole lot of extra effort.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
https://pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-e3-trailer

New details of Cyberpunk 2077 have surfaced courtesy of a somewhat bizarre source - Vodafone. As part of a joint campaign with Spanish newspaper El Pais on the future of technology, the European telecoms giant spoke with Mike Pondsmith, the author of the pen-and-paper RPG on which Cyberpunk 2077 is based.

Here's everything we know about Cyberpunk 2077 so far.

The news comes to us via Spanish YouTuber and Cyberpunk fan Madqueen, who helpfully provides English captions on the interview. You can watch her video above, or alternatively, can get auto-translated English subs on the original Spanish version here. Either way her channel has a ton of great Cyberpunk content, so do consider subscribing.

Pondsmith gives a brief overview of the game's hook - the people of the street use technology to resist the oppression of the Establishment - and teases its next trailer, which is rumoured to drop at E3 this year alongside a playable demo to be shown behind closed doors. Apparently we can expect it to be grisly, with indications of "how much death" there is in Cyberpunk's dystopian setting.

Pondsmith also explains why, despite several offers, it took him until now to give the nod for a videogame adaptation of his classic RPG. He concludes by warning that many of the predictions he made when writing it are coming to pass, and that we have to get sensible to the threats: "fight for your future, if you want to have one," is his ominous sign-off.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Mike was talking about the existing trailer. It is dark and shows "how much death there is in Cyberpunk's dystopian setting".

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
LOL

“There are lots of cyber games around, but there’s not a lot of punk in those games,” adds Mateusz.
“We want to put more punk into ours. We do not want to make a dark and hopeless world. We are not doing Blade Runner. It will be full of rock and roll.”

versus

Apparently we can expect it to be grisly, with indications of "how much death" there is in Cyberpunk's dystopian setting.

Zer0wing

Cipher

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Kiciński claims that Cyberpunk 2077 will “appeal” to players and be a “true RPG” that also appeals to “RPG players.” The game will not be a half or 1/4 RPG, but a true role-playing game much like The Witcher 3 according to Kiciński."

Clear as a Pollock painting.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
CD PROJEKT RED TOUCHES ON CYBERPUNK 2077 AT GAMING SEMINAR 2018
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/...-cyberpunk-2077-at-gaming-seminar-2018/52222/
"Kiciński claims that Cyberpunk 2077 will “appeal” to players and be a “true RPG” that also appeals to “RPG players.” The game will not be a half or 1/4 RPG, but a true role-playing game much like The Witcher 3 according to Kiciński."
:prosper:
k
Something deep inside tells me that CP2020 & FNFF ruleset is no more.
Lol, "true role playing game much like The Witcher 3".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom