Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game is released, he is gone men.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I really doubt that they could lose 1 million subscribers from a video that has 160k views and roughly 40/60 like/dislike ratio..

That actually makes sense...but I could fucking swear I saw 2.1 million. That's why I posted it, I thought it must be pretty mainstream with this subs count. I don't suppose there is some sort of analytics page where you can track their subs curve?

Oh well, the backlash in the comments and the damage control is epic at any rate.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Don't drink and brew, kids.
jmmszg.png

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

Elex

Arbiter

It's true tho, balancement seems broken, expecially if you abuse training with Cpt. Bernard.

It wouldn't be that much of a problem with a better AI that flanks and attacks, in group, the player.

i see the dodge perk and the weapons are poisoned so wjy it's strange?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That actually makes sense...but I could fucking swear I saw 2.1 million. That's why I posted it, I thought it must be pretty mainstream with this subs count. I don't suppose there is some sort of analytics page where you can track their subs curve?
There is a site called Socialblade which tracks Youtube subscribers and estimates earnings.
https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCboMX_UNgaPBsUOIgasn3-Q

Oh wow I was off as fuck. They actually gained some subs.

Probably from queers, soyboys and little bitches. :smug:

Elex

Arbiter
They really have to thank divine providence that this game's development cycle was completed during a release drought because there's no way this buggy tech demo would have sold as much had it came out alongside another major title.

Good concepts, decent execution but terrible polish.
well, at this points it's years that the top selling games on steam are unfinished early access titles
releasing a complete game with no bug apparently it's irrelevant for the sales.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Because there guys are all try hard edgelords who are trying to milk the release for video views. There are even people who edit games' files just so that they can have glitch material for videos. Not that I'm saying that's the case here.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Because there guys are all try hard edgelords who are trying to milk the release for video views. There are even people who edit games' files just so that they can have glitch material for videos. Not that I'm saying that's the case here.

Some of the tryhard edgelords have 4M subs.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

So many excuses, so many far fetched accusations, being a delirious fan boy does this to you folks, it's a serious disease with low chances of recovery and shares similar symptoms with that of a brown-noser, best to avoid the patient:lol:

Shadenuat

Arcane

- It's February! Here's your RPG
Is it good? Is it good? Is it good?
(swallows bugs, glitches and unbalanced combat)..... - Yes. It's good.
- Come, there is more of main quest left!
- *sigh* ....there still more main quest?

Unwanted

Pequod

Unwanted
dragonul09
You are far too late to fight the good decline fight, son. The Codex loves Oblivion contrary to what it says.
Witcher 3, with Oblivion level level scaling, with Oblivion level broken combat BUT IN PRETTY is GAME OF THE YEAR here. Nay, AR PEE GEE of the year.
Kingdom Cum could be worse than Hillary and it would be sung praises for riding horses and killing things...
Its long over. There are literally people in this thread who say they larp Henry how the devs intended and its all dandy.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
dragonul09
You are far too late to fight the good decline fight, son. The Codex loves Oblivion contrary to what it says.
Witcher 3, with Oblivion level level scaling, with Oblivion level broken combat BUT IN PRETTY is GAME OF THE YEAR here. Nay, AR PEE GEE of the year.
Kingdom Cum could be worse than Hillary and it would be sung praises for riding horses and killing things...
Its long over. There are literally people in this thread who say they larp Henry how the devs intended and its all dandy.

Some folks in this thread even told me to ''artificially'' limit myself to make the game more difficult:lol:, the generation of everyone get's a cookie, what you got 19th place? Just pretend you got first place, job done:lol:. Basically the devs couldn't be arsed to work making sure the majority of gameplay was interesting, so you do it.:lol:

Lycra Suit

Prophet
Possibly Retarded
How much does Warhorse make off these sales. Vavra said he wanted to sell 3 million copies but if all the profits go to his investor that hardly guarantees a sequel. And even if the investor doesn't just take the money to pump somewhere else they will still be impeded by a higher hierarchical third party.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
How much does Warhorse make off these sales.

Steam takes about 30% off and Warhorse have to pay taxes too. I'd say maybe 50-60% of the sales is a net profit.
No idea about their deal with Deep Silver for console distribution but Vavra said on Facebook they have more money from Steam sales.

imweasel

How much does Warhorse make off these sales.
Nobody really knows. Warhorse has some kind of distribution and finance deal with Deep Silver (now THQ Nordic), so they will probably get the biggest chunk of the profits. Steam gets 30% in royalties. Sony and Microsoft get royalties too.

My "guesstimate" is that 15 - 30% of the revenue goes directly to Warhorse, Deep Silver/Valve/Sony/MS/other investors get the rest.

Lycra Suit

Prophet
Possibly Retarded
Steam takes about 30% off and Warhorse have to pay taxes too. I'd say maybe 50-60% of the sales is a net profit.

afaik steam is between 30-40%, I assume 30% is the bargain given to long term partners whereas 40% is the regular price. Consoles companies do typically eat 50% in total.

Deep Silver is probably more of a contractor than anything but Warhorse does have a publisher who funded the entire game and if it turns into a drama like New Vegas that would be a shame.

Seethe

Arbiter
Don't you idiots know? Medieval combat was about looking your enemy in the eye and waiting for them to attack so you could block them in slow motion to do a master strike.

All the peasants in this game are master fencers. Also, it seems that the fanboys of this game also have that "LMAO DUDES, BUGS ARE FUNNY NEVER PATCH THEM HAHA SO FUNNI XDDD" thing going on, that Bethestards also have.

Last edited:

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yall forget about that Czech Billionaire who gave them 10 million $$. If he so much as leaves crumbs for warhorse to nibble on this would already be a very good deal for them.
IIRC he's a majority shareholder in Warhorse, so the company technically gets everything.

imweasel

Yall forget about that Czech Billionaire who gave them 10 million $$. If he so much as leaves crumbs for warhorse to nibble on this would already be a very good deal for them.
IIRC he's a majority shareholder in Warhorse, so the company technically gets everything.
Interesting. That would mean that Vavra and his business partner sold their souls to a billionaire for funding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom