Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Interesting words from Warhorse co-founder.

6. In some press comments, the game is seen as an AAA title. Do you see the game that way?

I don’t see KCD as competing with the likes of Assassin’s Creed or Shadow of War. We simply don’t have resources to create a game like that. I don’t view us as an indie game either, though. The trend I see in ‘real’ AAA games, like the ones I mentioned above, is toward making games more and more forgiving, better suited to the most casual and absent-minded players; they are games that in effect are ‘playing themselves’. So, you have all those different markers, prompts and handy hints that you never have to think about what to do next.

This is not entirely wrong. I can see why the companies that make these games take this approach and obviously there is a demand for it, as evidenced by the sales of these games.

On the other hand, we see a trend among indie games that are both more original and less forgiving, but because of limited budgets they have to go for a format that is somewhat simpler to develop for, e.g. many of them are 2D platformers or top-down scrollers.

KCD is an attempt of bridging the two: it is an indie game at heart – more hardcore, more demanding, more fierce – but with the visuals and production values of AAA game.

I freely admit though that I wish we had more time to polish the game before the release, that’s what AAA game deserves.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I am in the monastery right now. I keep getting screamed at by the monk cop for not being at mass, yet I have been there every single time. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to pray, if so, how do I do that? I'm only able to just stand there.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am in the monastery right now. I keep getting screamed at by the monk cop for not being at mass, yet I have been there every single time. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to pray, if so, how do I do that? I'm only able to just stand there.

What you need to do is sneak into the monastery instead of joining it, walk up to
Novice Antonnius
and murder the shit out of him and then loot his corpse and fucking run. That's it. FUCK larping as a monk, whoever had that idea deserves to be shot.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I'm doing it "legit."
Already almost done with the quest with him. It's not particularly hard, just pretty annoying.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You know, at first, I was completely into larping Henry as a nice guy, but later on I just started sneaking up behind people, knocking them out and taking their stuff.

Not everyone, just people who piss me off. Like the knight who challenged me to a duel (btw, go for his sword, it's worth 2.5k) or the mercenary who fights me for a messily 50 coin.

Also, the stealth kill perk enables me to sneak up to random bandit camps and murder everyone while they sleep, leaving their gear undamaged.

I've got around 10k gold now, a noble sword, noble shoes and clothes (I robbed Hans while he was in the bath).

ThugLife.jpg
And you are calling me a thief for using copy pasted file.... Is Hans your neighbour?

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
I already stopped roleplaying Henry. I am just treating KCD as a game and doing all of the activities it has to offer as the master of everything. I am murdering every bandit I see, desecrating graves, robbing people blind and so on. Zero consequences and zero reactivity as of yet. Maybe I will get a bad ending or something for being a prick, but I somehow doubt it.

It is also quite convenient. I don't have bother to collect and sell gear for cash anymore (and fight with the inventory UI from hell), because I can rob all of the merchants at night for every single penny they have.
The game does not have a proper ending. Just a fuckawful stretch of bad missions.

agris

Arcane
Patron
If you have freezes check this out: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/133?tab=description

Testing now.

Also someone (no, not me) has made a seemingly promising realism mod:
https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/162

Testing that as well.
I use it, and it works. Except I use -1%, and set the re-lock interval to 30 milliseconds (that's a bit faster than 30 fps (1/30 seconds), so it should catch if my FPS is tanking but before it gets unplayable). Are you on Win7? Apparently, the reason this tool works so well is that Win7 + CRYENGINE doesn't handle 100% CPU usage well.

Another tip I picked up was to specify what cores different game threads are computed on. For my 4 physical/4 logical (no hyperthreading) i5-2500k CPU, I use this in my user.cfg

Code:
sys_main_CPU = 3
sys_physics_CPU = 0
sys_streaming_CPU = 2

Windows and background processes are likely to shit up your primary core (#0), which is why I offload something relatively undemanding like physics onto it. Setting streaming to the 2nd and main to 3rd were just educated guesses, but I didn't want to set main to 0 because of Windows, and I didn't want to set it to 4 in case the main thread can branch to CPU#+1. I.e. in my setup, use cores 3+4, whereas if I set main to 4, it would use 4+0, the slower core b/c of windows.

In short: BES 100% removed all my small freezes and stutters, but didn't improve my FPS. Specifying my CPU cores gave me a, no shit, 10 to 20 FPS boost in the center of Rattay. Where my system used to dog out around 30 to 35 fps while sprinting from the lower gate to the upper, and occasionally freeze for 1 or 2 seconds, I was getting 45 to 60 fps without freezes. It was so good I cranked up some more CPU intensive settings.

AwesomeButton

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
If you have freezes check this out: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/133?tab=description

Testing now.

Also someone (no, not me) has made a seemingly promising realism mod:
https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/162

Testing that as well.
I use it, and it works. Except I use -1%, and set the re-lock interval to 30 milliseconds (that's a bit faster than 30 fps (1/30 seconds), so it should catch if my FPS is tanking but before it gets unplayable). Are you on Win7? Apparently, the reason this tool works so well is that Win7 + CRYENGINE doesn't handle 100% CPU usage well.

Another tip I picked up was to specify what cores different game threads are computed on. For my 4 physical/4 logical (no hyperthreading) i5-2500k CPU, I use this in my user.cfg

Code:
sys_main_CPU = 3
sys_physics_CPU = 0
sys_streaming_CPU = 2

Windows and background processes are likely to shit up your primary core (#0), which is why I offload something relatively undemanding like physics onto it. Setting streaming to the 2nd and main to 3rd were just educated guesses, but I didn't want to set main to 0 because of Windows, and I didn't want to set it to 4 in case the main thread can branch to CPU#+1. I.e. in my setup, use cores 3+4, whereas if I set main to 4, it would use 4+0, the slower core b/c of windows.

In short: BES 100% removed all my small freezes and stutters, but didn't improve my FPS. Specifying my CPU cores gave me a, no shit, 10 to 20 FPS boost in the center of Rattay. Where my system used to dog out around 30 to 35 fps while sprinting from the lower gate to the upper, and occasionally freeze for 1 or 2 seconds, I was getting 45 to 60 fps without freezes. It was so good I cranked up some more CPU intensive settings.

AwesomeButton

Interesting, I'll check these settings out!

Regarding win 10 cpu/crytek issues: Win 10 users can get the short freezes too it seems. Maybe that's caused by a different issue though.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Game sold more than 1 million copies already , good, pretty good, at this rate they will have a decent war chest to guarantee the financing of more games. Pretty much Incline happening, we need more developers like Vavra and less of the wimps that have no personal opinion or vision beyond of what the focus groups say.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Game sold more than 1 million copies already , good, pretty good, at this rate they will have a decent war chest to guarantee the financing of more games. Pretty much Incline happening, we need more developers like Vavra and less of the wimps that have no personal opinion or vision beyond of what the focus groups say.

More like "let's hope they fucking FINISH this game, since they have no excuse not to".

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

More like "let's hope they fucking FINISH this game, since they have no excuse not to".
After that they can help the Battle Brothers devs finish theirs.

Chrio

Novice
I already stopped roleplaying Henry. I am just treating KCD as a game and doing all of the activities it has to offer as the master of everything. I am murdering every bandit I see, desecrating graves, robbing people blind and so on. Zero consequences and zero reactivity as of yet. Maybe I will get a bad ending or something for being a prick, but I somehow doubt it.

It is also quite convenient. I don't have bother to collect and sell gear for cash anymore (and fight with the inventory UI from hell), because I can rob all of the merchants at night for every single penny they have.
The game does not have a proper ending. Just a fuckawful stretch of bad missions.

As far as I can remember Witcher 2's ending wasnt fleshed out either at the beginning, they put in a lot of content afterwards, lets see what Warhorse is doing.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
As far as I can remember Witcher 2's ending wasnt fleshed out either at the beginning, they put in a lot of content afterwards, lets see what Warhorse is doing.

They released the Enhanced Edition for free with new quests, items and gameplay tweaks, I hope Warhorse is smart enough to do the same.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hahahahahaha

Stay mad, RetardERA

Daniel Vavra: Developer, businessman, salt miner.

334.png

Inziladun

Magister
Just managed to skip a big chunk of the main quest by accident.

Investigating the mines for what's his face from Rattay. I accidently stumbled upon the head of the operation and didn't have to do any of the stuff leading up to it. Game acknowledged I skipped a big part and kinda gave me a pat on the back for doing so, but I was very confused...

Then the game crashed and I lost 2 hours of progress. Yay.

I bet speed runs will be fun in this game. Reminds me of Morrowind which could be beaten in like 4 minutes.

Although I'm pretty sure the end-game is going to be centered around that empty village(southwest part of the map) you can't get into so I know you can't skip to that part. Didn't get a chance to find Runt's camp prematurely though

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
>get quest to get the (spoilers) for (spoiler) from (spoiler)
>think to cook some schanpps and marigold concoction for the road ahead
>fast travel to (spoiler)
>game over mid fast travel
I guess that's 10 minutes of making 15 schnapps and 6 marigold wasted. The game should really have a indicator for timed quests.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I got stuck in a place mid combat and had to reload the game, except when I tried the game crashed. I also lost 2 saves.
This is True Immersion™

Tigranes

Arcane
15 schnapps? Geez, I've probably used about 20 the entire game so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom