Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind - King of Dragon Pass spiritual successor

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
David just posted a teaser for the game. It's really an early teaser, so keep that in mind. We talked about what it's meant to do and it's not supposed to be super informative (yet). There will be another (maybe more) trailer that will show a bit of gameplay and reveal more about the setting.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
(fun fact - none of the art in the teaser is mine. :))

visiting a settlement - Simon Roy
"hostile gods" - Michelle Lockamy
evil spirits - Simon Roy
supernatural beings - Rachel Kahn
alien folk - Kate Glasheen
mysterious strangers - Enrico Bertozzi
"wonders" - Ellen Barkin
true to your values - Damara Kaminecki
keep cows safe - Simon Roy
happy people - Ellen Barkin
keep people fed - Rachel Kahn
destiny - Enrico Bertozzi

(some of these are scenes and some of them represent the other art styles for other aspects of the game - remember how Heroquests had a different artstyle, or the initial linocut art for the starting questionaire in KODP)

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's all dandy, but... can I enslave nations with necromancy?

About the trailer: I like what I see, proper art.
But, to be honest, there are people who have a "trailer voice" and people who don't. This one doesn't. It's just a teaser, so maybe that isn't so bad, but when it comes to release and selling, I'd invest into someone else.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I somehow managed to forget that this was a phone game. Dreams crushed for the second time.

:negative:

No platforms have yet been announced.
Plus, why would you code something like that only for mobile?
Would be weird.
This might be one of the very few good games that I could imagine working on mobile, too, but certainly not exclusively.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
It's a meme. A very, very old meme (if I remember correctly, it was based on some very early pre-release concepts of Dragon Age).
The idea that pre-release marketing of DA:O counts as "very, very old" makes me feel elderly indeed.

Richard Leaks

Educated
David just posted a teaser for the game. It's really an early teaser, so keep that in mind. We talked about what it's meant to do and it's not supposed to be super informative (yet). There will be another (maybe more) trailer that will show a bit of gameplay and reveal more about the setting.

From those pics I can guess game takes place in Caladraland or Maniria, maybe Ralios. Looks somewhat Orlanthi influenced but not quite.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Should I read about the setting first before I start playing? I went into KoDP completely blind, knowing nothing about Glorantha, and I did just fine. Is it worth knowing more about the background, or will that just spoil surprises?

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
If you've played KoDP, you should be ok. (of course, knowing more about Glorantha makes it somewhat more enjoyable, because you catch references and whatnot, but it's not mandatory)

Karellen

Arcane

Oh, that poor sun god. What could you possibly even do to deserve getting ganked by Maran Gor, Zorak Zoran and Urox all at once?

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Being a wimpy sun god isn't enough? :)) (good eye btw!)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom