Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is 100% serious: I'm greenlit to have an interview with Warhorse devs through email (not sure if I can ask Vavra directly but I might try). If you guys have any interesting question, reply to my comment. This is for a website I work on (we resides at Vietnam so no worry about political bullshit), but of course I can paste the interview in English up here.

- Are they satisfied with the balance between game activities vs simulationist activities (nowadays known as LARPing)?
- Are there any ideas for activities that were in the "nice to have" list but WH never got to even start implementing them (not counting obviously unfinished stuff like hunting).
- Are the murals in churches authentic, i.e. if we go to the actual church, are these the murals that will be there?
- Have they considered modelling religious faith as a factor in the game's sytems? As a skill that can be gradually increased for example, or in the place of mechanics such as "karma" from Fallout/Arcanum (though not as broken as in Arcanum).
- Did they ever consider putting a big time limit for the Main quest's completion, though accompanied with enough information for the player, so as not to feel like sudden death/impending doom, allowing the player to plan what he wants to get done before he will be required to push on with the main quest? If no, why?

imweasel

you like game where your character start weak
More like weak until you find a wayfaring knight 5 hours in and knock him out for almost the best gear in the game.
You don't really even need good armor. I have been taking out bandit camps and such in my low armor ninja (sneaking) gear without any problems. I don't even bother to drag my armor around with me anymore.

Smells like level scaling.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
More like weak until you find a wayfaring knight 5 hours in and knock him out for almost the best gear in the game.
You don't really even need good armor. I have been taking out bandit camps and such in my low armor ninja (sneaking) gear without any problems. I don't even bother to drag my armor around with me anymore.

Really? Isn’t this literally the opposite of level scaling? You get better, the enemies stay the same...

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I think there's scaling, but it might be put behind main quests rather than your skills.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Also: I am at the monastery, how did the monks know out of nowhere that I stole some food from the basement? I never got caught and everyone was asleep.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
There is some kind of ''scaling'', first camps of bandits are weaklings that can't put a fight to save their lives, the more you advance through the bailifs activities the ''harder'' the enemies get, they have more stamina, better equipment, they can combo your ass faster, they can parry better, but the AI is still beyond dumb so there's that.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The game needs more bandit termination quests or something. Running out of people to murder is a deal breaker for me.

Time to go bandit :)
Needs better pacing and more variation in quests. Game could use a moustache twirling german mercenary in funny pants going you wanna fite bro? Prove me you can FITE by doing X master strikes on me in Y time. K you proved, now let's get hired by those 2 rogue lords in their little fight and FITE and sell armor of fallen enemies while crows eat their liver. 'mkay, did that, let's meet at that tavern later and I will see if we have more mercenary wok in Europ to do.

Game could also use strange random quests in the wilderness. It's not always realistic, but recently I found a cave in some shit forgotten part of the forest. Just a normal cave... but there was a small pagan idol inside, almost impossible to notice. Now imagine stumbling upon some pagans or maybe a satanic ritual. Or a hedge knight hiding from local lord asking for help. Super secret quests like ship wrecked guys in Witcher 3 or Arcanum quests in god knows where, especially if they shine some light onto some part of main narrative (which Arcanum did with information about banished into Void hidden in completely obscure places) are always supah sweet.

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
There is some kind of ''scaling'', first camps of bandits are weaklings that can't put a fight to save their lives, the more you advance through the bailifs activities the ''harder'' the enemies get, they have more stamina, better equipment, they can combo your ass faster, they can parry better, but the AI is still beyond dumb so there's that.
I think that quest line just sends you to harder and harder camps. I did the whole line and random bandit camps still seem to have the same old range of difficulty. I also think there may be some regional variation. I feel like I mostly run into Cumans in the far north or northwest.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

It’s not any kind of scaling because many of those bandit camps are already there from the get-go. I may reload and old save and check to make sure. They don’t get stronger as far as I can tell, you just get assigned to kill the pre-existing bandits by order of difficulty. I wandered into some heavily armed ruffians in the woods early on, got my ass handed to me, then got the quest to kill them from Bernard two or three iterations of the Ruin questline later.

Not sure how the random encounters are scaled, though. I tend to get a lot more run-ins with skilled, plate armored wayfaring knights in the western end of the map coming to or from Sasau.

imweasel

Really? Isn’t this literally the opposite of level scaling? You get better, the enemies stay the same...
No. The game doesn't seem to pay much attention to armor, i.e. damage intake scales accordingly to whatever you are wearing (armor level).

I have not made the same observation for weapons though.

Chrio

Novice
The game needs more bandit termination quests or something. Running out of people to murder is a deal breaker for me.

Time to go bandit :)
Needs better pacing and more variation in quests. Game could use a moustache twirling german mercenary in funny pants going you wanna fite bro? Prove me you can FITE by doing X master strikes on me in Y time. K you proved, now let's get hired by those 2 rogue lords in their little fight and FITE and sell armor of fallen enemies while crows eat their liver. 'mkay, did that, let's meet at that tavern later and I will see if we have more mercenary wok in Europ to do.

Game could also use strange random quests in the wilderness. It's not always realistic, but recently I found a cave in some shit forgotten part of the forest. Just a normal cave... but there was a small pagan idol inside, almost impossible to notice. Now imagine stumbling upon some pagans or maybe a satanic ritual. Or a hedge knight hiding from local lord asking for help. Super secret quests like ship wrecked guys in Witcher 3 or Arcanum quests in god knows where, especially if they shine some light onto some part of main narrative (which Arcanum did with information about banished into Void hidden in completely obscure places) are always supah sweet.

Ive seen those pagan statues, barely noticeable but interesting. What could be further improved is hunting, at least more variety in animals. Wolfpacks in the forests who are able to rip you apart or bears (if they existed for sure at this time in that region).

jungl

Augur
lol this bug. Watchmen starts fight with me then I have to pay the guard a fee for starting the fight. Everyone is now fighting me and I'm responsible. I can pay a fee but they still are intent in killing me. If this wasn't a bug I see it as a dirty way to get rid of a known thief/murderer. Its even more funny my initial crime was loitering a couple of second in house with a women where I helped expel a ghost.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
No. The game doesn't seem to pay much attention to armor, i.e. damage intake scales accordingly to whatever you are wearing (armor level).

Wait, are you saying better armor does or doesn’t seem to offer more protection? That sentence seems to say first one thing then the other. In my experience armor makes the biggest difference and better weapons also help immensely.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Wolfpacks in the forests who are able to rip you apart or bears (if they existed for sure at this time in that region).
Considering what medieval forests were you'd have more chance meeting farmer feeding pigs with acorns, fletchers cutting trees for arrows and bows and womyn and children collecting herbs from gardens and mushrooms.

Oh right, there are no children in KCD. I guess immortal children from Fallout 3 weren't for Vavra's taste and non immortal were out of question.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Oh right, there are no children in KCD. I guess immortal children from Fallout 3 weren't for Vavra's taste and non immortal were out of question.

Yes. But mainly it was a practical problem - it'd mean creating completely new character meshes, textures, clothes, faces and mo-cap movements and they were already penny pinching. I suspect the moral argument was a convenient excuse more than anything else.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

From what i have seen,the armour is for damage reduction and if you get hurt depends on the stamina. If you have stamina you take very little damage,if you don't a magical combo could kill you. Having stamina makes you a tank,until the enemy beat it out of you. The combo system is really annoying,i haven't managed to make a single combo because of riposte and AI do it automatic and unblockable.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Are you still thirsting for more outrage over SJW imbecility? Three soyboys and one confused and visibly uncomfortable Texas dude try to whip themselves into frenzy about the racist KCD.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Nah,don't want to give them the view. Anyway everyone knows the answer well enough...it is no for those of you that are wondering.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are you still thirsting for more outrage over SJW imbecility? Three soyboys and one confused and visibly uncomfortable Texas dude try to whip themselves into frenzy about the racist KCD.

Such cancer.

Edit:

Actually I can't believe these idiots are for real after listing to them for half an hour.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Such cancer.

Edit:

Actually I can't believe these idiots are for real after listing to them for half an hour.

>Is it historically accurate?
>Even if it is historically accurate, do you want to glorify this period of history?
:nocountryforshitposters:

That guy on the far right sounds like a fucking idiot the more he talks in the video. Especially when he starts talking about how it would be ok for a book to do it but fuck you if it's in a video games because menus.

Elex

Arbiter

yes basically the entire game is build around certain enemy stronger that you beating you, so you have to train and equip for massacre them.

Elex

Arbiter

Such cancer.

Edit:

>Is it historically accurate?
>Even if it is historically accurate, do you want to glorify this period of history?
:nocountryforshitposters:

they know we have basically an endless quantity of ww2 games?

whar happen if they discover hears of iron?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom