Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I've played Gothic 1-2, Fallout< Baldurs Gate series vanilla without any patches and don't remember anything remotely broken compared with what you get these days, corupt save games, corrupt quests, infinite loading screens, terrible AI pathing, clipping throught the roof. The only one that truly made me lose my hair was VTMB, that one was truly a mess and still has some of those issues today.
Than perhaps you should not rely on your memory, because it's playing tricks on you. Let's look at Fallout 1, for example:

• corupt save games - check (esp. on Win 98 FE, ME an other such shit)
  • corrupt quests - check (multiple, e.g. the spy quest; there was also a min quest that would bug out, preventiing you form finishing the game, if you did things in a certain order)
  • infinite loading screens - nd.
  • terrible AI pathing - check (where do I start? Fucking companions always stopping in doorways and blocking your way? Player character unable to path a route around a small wall? Pathfinding in FO1 was really bad)
  • clipping through the roof - n/a

TBH, many of the 90s RPGs were ridden with bugs. Some were in such a state, that you wouldn't be able to finish them, if you didn't know what to avoid in advance. The biggest difference between now and then is that most of them still are broken, because support ended with one or two patches released a year after release. So yeah, you are right in saying that you
don't remember that many games from the 90'-00'

They worked, never said they didn't had some bugs here and there, but they weren't so putrid to the point that I had to trow up every time I fired the game.

Skyrim slows down to avg of 4 fps on 60 hour saves:

It's literally the technical level of assets flip scam game made in 2 weeks.

What do you expect, it's a Bethseda title on an engine that almost predates Jesus Christ himself, that's the perfect example of parasites that have to luxury to bring broken products on the market only because theirs fan are willing to accept it. If Bethseda does it, that doesn't mean we need more companies to bring unfinished and broken products to the market.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So, as of now, how good is this game? Shite, decent, good, elex?
KCD is an enjoyable shit game that is worth playing. I emphasize "game" because it isn't very good RPG. I'd also wait a few months until is patched up nicely before buying it, because it has a lot of annoying quest bugs and other issues. Elex is also the better RPG IMO.

Well, we all figured out very early on this wasn't going to be an RPG. We got the guy who did Mafia and the guy who did Operation Flashpoint and from the start it was obvious story and simulation was their main focus, given that's all they talked about.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
KCD is an enjoyable shit game that is worth playing. I emphasize "game" because it isn't very good RPG. I'd also wait a few months until is patched up nicely before buying it, because it has a lot of annoying quest bugs and other issues. Elex is also the better RPG IMO.

Well, we all figured out very early on this wasn't going to be an RPG. We got the guy who did Mafia and the guy who did Operation Flashpoint and from the start it was obvious story and simulation was their main focus, given that's all they talked about.

What. Almost everybody is bashing KCD for the bugs or because it's TOO MUCH an RPG and not enough an akshun adventure like Witcher 3.

This is the real deal. Imweasel is a goof.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So when can I actually free roam? I just did the Neuholz investigation, I'm supposed to look for the guy who ran away, can I just leave this forever and fuck around?

Yeah, you can just fuck around from there on out. If you take too long, Bernard will ream you for wasting his time when you come back but that’s it. I started free roaming right where you are in the main quest and had no problems.

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is there somewhere I can find more dudes to box other than the three guys in Rattay or do I really need to just beat up some bandits with my mighty fists to gain skill?

Codex Year of the Donut
I'm fucked. Right before the last part of the game, or I suppose so, I'm stuck with an infinite loading loop right after a bunch of cinematics. No way to do anything differently, tried 3 times already. Incredibly frustrating. Guess I'll have to wait for a patch to finish the game :(
Try opening the console(~) after waiting a while at the loading screen. You should be able to manually save the game again from there and probably load that save to get past it.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Is there somewhere I can find more dudes to box other than the three guys in Rattay or do I really need to just beat up some bandits with my mighty fists to gain skill?

There are four guys in Uzhitz who will box you. Possibly more, maybe in Sasau.
Where exactly...?

I think you start the Uzhitz boxing quest by talking to the fisherman who’s northeast of town, near a small pond. Then he and the other three guys pop up on your quest compass.

Geckabor

Savant
The problem I have with the boxing thing is that I'm boxing in plate armor against people in peasant clothing... not exactly fair, is it. Maybe there should be some sort of boxing "outfit" you are forced to wear during the match or something that evens things out, since the fights are really easy.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
The problem I have with the boxing thing is that I'm boxing in plate armor against people in peasant clothing... not exactly fair, is it. Maybe there should be some sort of boxing "outfit" you are forced to wear during the match or something that evens things out, since the fights are really easy.

You can always strip down to something less unfair before you challenge them.

Dexter

Arcane
Let's see what the REEEEtards have to say about this joyous occasion, the thread starts off well with people acting like human beings congratulating them and people saying they bought it or are gonna buy it, but sure enough it descends into pure idpol lunacy with crying trannies and lots of red text very soon: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ki...lion-copies-in-first-week-see-mod-edit.24879/
kingdomcomesalesmeltd69ufr.png

Can't wait till they continuously call the wrong person a Nazi and someone sues these bundles of joy, oh boy!

Codex Year of the Donut
It's a good example of one of the immersion-breaking things that made it into the final product that leaves you wondering how it got past testing without someone saying something.
It's just odd because most of the game has stupid amounts of care taken in this area e.g, you have refugees that empty latrines and fetch water as part of their daily work schedule after they've been assigned to do it instead of just disappearing and never seeing them again.

Dexter

Arcane
How is KCD "not an RPG" when it has some of the most intricate equipment/armor, combat/weapon, skill, thievery systems, survival mechanics, deep (historical) lore, story and characters, some well designed main quests etc. in a First Person/Single Character RPG, even if some of the balancing is still off? What the hell are you talking about? Also how is it suddenly a "shit game"?

There's a mod that does that already, so all that stuff is actually there, but some AI code makes NPCs think it's better to switch to regular weapons when polearms are handled like other weapons. Something hotfixed like the auto horse riding maybe?
Being able to activate some half-done system or kind of weapon in the game isn't the same as it working, in fact some people said that they're entirely unbalanced and it breaks NPC use of them. There's likely obvious reasons why they deactivated them before release, and it's likely not because they wanted people to say that they only got 3 kinds of melee weapon and complaining about pole arms.

This is 100% serious: I'm greenlit to have an interview with Warhorse devs through email (not sure if I can ask Vavra directly but I might try). If you guys have any interesting question, reply to my comment. This is for a website I work on (we resides at Vietnam so no worry about political bullshit), but of course I can paste the interview in English up here.
Also can you possibly ask about their SLI implementation? They said it would work at release, it doesn't really work, they removed the SLI topic as a Sticky from the Steam forums, are they still working on it? Are they working on performance optimizations in general, or did they put that off entirely till after the bug fixes/rebalancing?

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
How is KCD "not an RPG" when it has some of the most intricate equipment/armor, combat/weapon, skill, thievery systems, survival mechanics, deep (historical) lore, story and characters etc. in a First Person/Single Character RPG, even if some of the balancing is still off? What the hell are you talking about? Also how is it suddenly a "shit game"?

There are people ITT raising valid, prestigious criticisms about KCD.

And then there are imweasel and dragonlol with his four alts.

kalganoat

Savant

1.3 patch next week

• Save and Exit functionality
  • Lockpicking minigame controls improvement on controllers
  • Pickpocket minigame improvement
  • Alchemy recipe for respec potion
  • Many quest related bug fixes
  • Balancing

mildTea

Learned
If we can believe the word of this WH worker then KCD 2 will move or expand to Kuttenberg (Kutná Hora):

Another beautiful medieval city with a stunning cathedral. It's silver mines (proper dungeons finally?) were the source of Luxembourg dynasty's wealth at the time and there was plenty of tension between the miners and the rest of the city. Quite a nice backdrop for the game. Just its surroundings are a bit bland and it's far from Rattay and Sasau, so I wonder how they'll deal with that.
115481026.jpg

Last edited:

Bocian

Arcane
From the KCD thread:

63fHUlX.png

"The fact that we don't provide explaination and reason for our beliefs doesn't make them invalid", because fuck logic. Asking questions is an attempt to control the discussion.
:hmmm:

Cromwell

Arcane
So when can I actually free roam? I just did the Neuholz investigation, I'm supposed to look for the guy who ran away, can I just leave this forever and fuck around?

Yeah, you can just fuck around from there on out. If you take too long, Bernard will ream you for wasting his time when you come back but that’s it. I started free roaming right where you are in the main quest and had no problems.

I am not even at this quest (currentllly I would have to go hunting with hans) and have already 50 hours on count. You can pretty much start doing whatever you want after you wake up at the mill.

imweasel

What. Almost everybody is bashing KCD for the bugs or because it's TOO MUCH an RPG and not enough an akshun adventure like Witcher 3.

This is the real deal. Imweasel is a goof.
Sorry, my bad. I completely forgot that the RPG Codex had declared "RPG" mechanics copied straight from Oblivion and Skyrim to be the REAL DEAL.

:codexisfor:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom