Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus - now with Heretek expansion

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.mechanicus40k.com

https://af.gog.com/game/warhammer_40000_mechanicus?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/warhammer_40000_mechanicus_heretek?as=1649904300

ss_fdcde8629aeb8e9d324e7c559815e381659db027.600x338.jpg

ss_6d7caba6ca0552c5c50fb8722766d08bdca1fe76.600x338.jpg

ss_7b7d55ef03a909cc0bf5d4ceae05d309653afa75.600x338.jpg

Yes, it's yet another Warhammer strategy game! This time you control troops of Adeptus Mechanicus, and lead the expedition on a planet.

Developed by a french studio Bulwark Studios (Crowntakers) and published by Kasedo Games (Kalypso's "digital first" label that published Project Highrise).

No gameplay details yet apparently.

Take control of one of the most technologically advanced armies in the Imperium - The Adeptus Mechanicus. As Magos Dominus Faustinius, you’ll lead the expedition on the newly rediscovered planet of Silva Tenebris. Manage resources, discover long-forgotten tech, plan tactical operations using the Noosphere technology and control your Tech-Priests every move.

Your every decision will shape the missions ahead and ultimately decide the fate of the troops under your command. However, choose your path carefully - the Imperium depends on it.

Augment
Flesh is weak! Upgrade your Tech-Priests limbs with mechanical augments made from the blessed metals of the Omnissiah. Customize your team with hundreds of possibilities, creating a squad to suit your playstyle.

Difficult Decisions
Make tough decisions that will forge the future from your Ark Mechanicus, The Caestus Metalican, and send you towards alternate endings for a truly unique playthrough.

Experience the Noosphere
Use the Adeptus Mechanicus’ evolved human cognition to scan unexplored tombs for valuable data in order to gain a tactical advantage over your enemy.

The Library
A compelling story written by Black Library author, Ben Counter, specifically crafted to fit the unique personality of the Adeptus Mechanicus faction.

Last edited by a moderator:

lightbane

Arcane
01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01111001 01100101 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100001

Finally, a WH40k game where your characters will start with actually good gear!!

Granted, chances are it will be something like Nu-XCOM, but it's early to tell. Hopefully you people like the color red though.

Also, Dark Eldar game when? :troll:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Crowntakers was good for what it is (aka, a light, TB tactical game on mobile), so it could be interesting. But why make an Ad mech game, without vehicles and war engines?
At least, I guess an XCOM-ey progression could make more sense than in a Space Marines game.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Not a card game - check
Not a MOBA - check
Not a PUBG - check
Strategy - check
We already have seen horrors and it won't be any worse. At least here we have a premise of something not as abhorrant

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Their heart is in the right place, you can see after watching the trailer. We shall see if the mobile developers will become something more or fade into obscurity. Remember last Warhammer 40k mobile game? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Customize your team
Mechanicum is the ideal faction for X-Comness. I would say should they make a Wh40k: Mechanicus: Expeditions about venturing with a limited team into ancient vaults and alien ruins - that would be a great game.
What bugs me is that developers so far made only one mediocre game and focused on mobile shit. And have no history of good games behind them. Could be a traditional shovelware so favored by GW.
Yet we have an example of gems like BFG: Armada

Ruchy

Scholar
I know it's early and this is probably my 40k Fanboy nature but I am cautiously optimistic. I know it's quite hip to rag on NuXcom but if this is even remotely close to the quality of systems in place in that it will be great.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Did that servitor just took two shots from gauss rifle with ZERO damage? And another one fought 8 flayed ones in melee takng minor damage?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
It is somewhat strange that there isn't squad based tactics game centered on Eldar aspect warriors.

Yeah; I know that aspect warriors are supposed to operate in single unit type squads, but developers could circumvent that by saying that different types must work together in ritual of ju'stmad-ei'up because of reasons.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It looks increadibly...cheap.

Interface is too clean and not Gothic enough... fitting the game about (((Taus))) not glorious Adeptus Mechanicum Comrade.

I agree, but there's hope that the interface is just placeholder art.

The whole game has a mobiley vibe, even though it's PC only for now.

Maybe artists automatically do mobile style art now, unless you whip them to sense.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It is somewhat strange that there isn't squad based tactics game centered on Eldar aspect warriors.

Yeah; I know that aspect warriors are supposed to operate in single unit type squads, but developers could circumvent that by saying that different types must work together in ritual of ju'stmad-ei'up because of reasons.
*Enemy shot glanced off guardian armor*
Squad morale failed: Everyone is crying and lamenting woes of their ancient race. Homosexual orgy ensures.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Indeed, that would be really awesome, and would map well to your usual tactical RPG classes.
I wish there were some modern TB games with Eldars. The only one we have so far is Rites of War.

Space Hulk : SM
Deathwatch : SM
Armageddon: SM, IG, Orks
Sanctus Reach: SM, IG, Orks,
Mecahnicus: AM (!!!)
Gladius: SM, IG, Orks, Necrons
Betrayal At Calth: SM, CSM
BFG (android TB, not the RTS): SM, IG, Tyranids
Necromunda: IG Junior division? :D

Old ones:
Chaos Gate: SM, Chaos (only in skirmish)
Final Liberation: IG + SM support, Orks (only in skirmish)
Rites of War : Eldars + SM/IG support (!)

I was a SM/IG player, but this gets ridiculous.
Out of 11 games, 2 don't feature Space Marines.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
It seems that this is somewhat halfway between Nu-XCOM and classic UFO, with events taken from FTL and the like. I wonder if there will be optimal "blue" choices as well. As for that until being alive after battle, hopefully that's a placeholder and crutch for game journos: There MUST be a penalty to having one of your squaddies being cut to pieces.

Did that servitor just took two shots from gauss rifle with ZERO damage? And another one fought 8 flayed ones in melee takng minor damage?

Just like old XCOM! Soldier is shot in the face with heavy plasma, takes no damage... Soldier shots alien with pistol, instant death. And viceversa.
:happytrollboy:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom