Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

polo

Magister
So, as of now, how good is this game? Shite, decent, good, elex?

While i do appreciate your warming incline buttons, the question was serious. Is it any good? Buggy mess or what?

Last edited:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is 100% serious: I'm greenlit to have an interview with Warhorse devs through email (not sure if I can ask Vavra directly but I might try). If you guys have any interesting question, reply to my comment. This is for a website I work on (we resides at Vietnam so no worry about political bullshit), but of course I can paste the interview in English up here.

Chrio

Novice
This is 100% serious: I'm greenlit to have an interview with Warhorse devs through email (not sure if I can ask Vavra directly but I might try). If you guys have any interesting question, reply to my comment. This is for a website I work on (we resides at Vietnam so no worry about political bullshit), but of course I can paste the interview in English up here.

Sure:

- Story: how is the game split now, is it 3 single games, or 2, perhaps we can finish the story with a dlc?
- DLC´s: how many are planned? more fleshed out addons / expansions or small stuff?
- Support: how long will the game be supported, will there be free content in the future beside of bugfixing and balancing?

If you enjoyed gothic you will enjoy this, but i would wait a few months because of patches.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

1. Some reviewers - all of them retarded - are complaining the world feels empty. Is it because you couldn't make enough content, events and activities in time (and you'll fill it up more with DLCs) or was it a deliberate design decision?
2. Now that the game made a shitload of money are you considering reworking some of the more distracting jank - the face animations, lipsync, some of the more jerky combat animations?
3. Are you satisfied with the late game balance of the game?
4. And most importantly - are you considering adding difficulty modes in the game? More accessible for casual carebears and more hardcore for real gamers?

Nyast

Cipher
I'm fucked. Right before the last part of the game, or I suppose so, I'm stuck with an infinite loading loop right after a bunch of cinematics. No way to do anything differently, tried 3 times already. Incredibly frustrating. Guess I'll have to wait for a patch to finish the game :(

norolim

Arcane
I've played Gothic 1-2, Fallout< Baldurs Gate series vanilla without any patches and don't remember anything remotely broken compared with what you get these days, corupt save games, corrupt quests, infinite loading screens, terrible AI pathing, clipping throught the roof. The only one that truly made me lose my hair was VTMB, that one was truly a mess and still has some of those issues today.
Than perhaps you should not rely on your memory, because it's playing tricks on you. Let's look at Fallout 1, for example:

• corupt save games - check (esp. on Win 98 FE, ME an other such shit)
  • corrupt quests - check (multiple, e.g. the spy quest; there was also a main quest that would bug out, preventing you form finishing the game, if you did things in a certain order)
  • infinite loading screens - nd.
  • terrible AI pathing - check (where do I start? Fucking companions always stopping in doorways and blocking your way? Player character unable to path a route around a small wall? Pathfinding in FO1 was really bad)
  • clipping through the roof - n/a

TBH, many of the 90s RPGs were ridden with bugs. Some were in such a state, that you wouldn't be able to finish them, if you didn't know what to avoid in advance. The biggest difference between now and then is that most of them still are broken, because support ended with one or two patches released a year after release. So yeah, you are right in saying that you
don't remember that many games from the 90'-00'

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
What does he think about the games success/did he expect it? Are they happy with it?
Did they expect it to have this many Bugs? How are they going to deal with the Bugfixing and how long will it take? Will they rebalance game features after feedback?
Is he still planning to release the KickStarter stuff? They talked about "female character" DLC, but what about the Tournament Mode/dog companion? Blacksmithing system?
Does he plan to do an "Enhanced Edition" similar to The Witcher, since there are still some features missing and some unfinished stuff?
How do they plan to finish the story? Another title entirely or a large expansion or similar?
Does he have any specific plans for after the story is over?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
What does he think about the games success/did he expect it? Are they happy with it?
Did they expect it to have this many Bugs? How are they going to deal with the Bugfixing and how long will it take? Will they rebalance game features after feedback?
Is he still planning to release the KickStarter stuff? They talked about "female character" DLC, but what about the Tournament Mode/dog companion?
Does he plan to do an "Enhanced Edition" similar to The Witcher, since there are still some features missing and some unfinished stuff?
How do they plan to finish the story? Another title entirely or a large expansion or similar?
Does he have any plans for after the story is over?

Will they fully implement polearms in a future patch or DLC? How about mounted combat against enemies on horseback?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I've played Gothic 1-2, Fallout< Baldurs Gate series vanilla without any patches and don't remember anything remotely broken compared with what you get these days, corupt save games, corrupt quests, infinite loading screens, terrible AI pathing, clipping throught the roof. The only one that truly made me lose my hair was VTMB, that one was truly a mess and still has some of those issues today.
Than perhaps you should not rely on your memory, because it's playing tricks on you. Let's look at Fallout 1, for example:

• corrupt quests - check (multiple, e.g. the spy quest; there was also a min quest that would bug out, preventiing you form finishing the game, if you did things in a certain order)
  • terrible AI pathing - check (where do I start? Fucking companions always stopping in doorways and blocking your way? Player character unable to path a route around a small wall? Pathfinding in FO1 was really bad)

TBH, many of the 90s RPGs were ridden with bugs. Some were in such a state, that you wouldn't be able to finish them, if you didn't know what to avoid in advance. The biggest difference between now and then is that most of them still are broken, because support ended with one or two patches released a year after release. So yeah, you are right in saying that you

They worked, never said they didn't had some bugs here and there, but they weren't so putrid to the point that I had to trow up every time I fired the game.

But with KCD, things like in these videos happened every other encounter or so and don't even start me up on other major issues like clipping, an abudance of broken quests, stuck in loading screen, stuck in dialogue loop

I don't know in what world you people find these kind of things acceptable but to me it's not, at least not anymore, but I have my cd's and can fire up multiple older titles in vanilla state and never encounter a single problem, maybe you are the one that doesn't really remember how things were, so I suggest you try them without patching and tell me how it went.

imweasel

KCD is an enjoyable shit game that is worth playing. I emphasize "game" because it isn't very good RPG. I'd also wait a few months until is patched up nicely before buying it, because it has a lot of annoying quest bugs and other issues. Elex is also the better RPG IMO.

PrettyDeadman

• corrupt quests - check (multiple, e.g. the spy quest; there was also a min quest that would bug out, preventiing you form finishing the game, if you did things in a certain order)

They worked, never said they didn't had some bugs here and there, but they weren't so putrid to the point that I had to trow up every time I fired the game.

Skyrim slows down to avg of 4 fps on 60 hour saves:

It's literally the technical level of assets flip scam game made in 2 weeks.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Will they fully implement polearms in a future patch or DLC? How about mounted combat against enemies on horseback?
Is he still planning to release the KickStarter stuff? They talked about "female character" DLC, but what about the Tournament Mode/dog companion?
Does he have any plans for after the story is over?

There's a mod that does that already, so all that stuff is actually there, but some AI code makes NPCs think it's better to switch to regular weapons when polearms are handled like other weapons. Something hotfixed like the auto horse riding maybe?

Nevertheless I'd like to hear an official answer on that matter.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
So when can I actually free roam? I just did the Neuholz investigation, I'm supposed to look for the guy who ran away, can I just leave this forever and fuck around?
Do it, visit Bernard at day (or noon? I can't quite remember) to learn combo moves and riposte and you're good to go. I don't think main quests have time limit so do whatever you want

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
So when can I actually free roam? I just did the Neuholz investigation, I'm supposed to look for the guy who ran away, can I just leave this forever and fuck around?
Do it, visit Bernard at day (or noon? I can't quite remember) to learn combo moves and riposte and you're good to go. I don't think main quests have time limit so do whatever you want

Yeah I already learned riposte and trained up a bunch of combat levels from Bernard, I wanted the horse from that mission but then he grouched at me to go along with the team to the village so I went.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom