Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
You are such a casanova, please tell me more you love guru. Have you even played the game ? It's unnatural the way they did, you meet him once and then suddenly you have multiple options of flirting with him and from there everything goes to shit, nothing makes sense.

Of course I haven’t played Dragon Age 2. It sounded lousy when it came out and I’m not inclined to give BioWare the benefit of the doubt. But if you have a problem with aggressive romance options, that’s been Bioware’s thing since BG2. I don’t know why you insist on spending so much time playing games you allegedly hate.

What you’re describing sounds very realistic, though. There’s a reason Grindr existed before Tinder. Gay men know what they want and they are very upfront about getting it. Does DA2 railroad you into taking those options? I doubt it. Stop being a little bitch.

Anyway, I’m sure you’re much better at romancing NPCs than I am.

Get the fuck outta here, so you haven't even played the game and you act like you know the situation better than someone who did and out of the blue you start talking about fags, tinder and whatever the fuck grindr, you are pulling my leg right?:lol:

I’m acting like what you guys are bitching about is stupid, and it would still be stupid no matter how in your face this companion is. If you’re bothered by companions hitting on you at inappropriate times—happened all the time in DA:O and less explicitly in BG2—you’re buying games from the wrong company. But presumably, this wouldn’t bother you if the companion was a busty lady so it’s not an issue of characterization.

My suspicion is that you’re afraid even fictional gay men will “convert” you. This is a very strange thing to fear. If you don’t like dick, you anal virginity is safe from Dragon Age 2.

Are you a fag? You keep blabbing about Gay sites and dicks, yet my only complaint is that they forced Anders too much on the player and it seemed unnatural the way he reacts when the player rejects him, but keep on dreaming about dicks and Grindr and making assumptions about other being fags:lol:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmm...

:butthurt:

As Lacrymas has already explained, there’s nothing unnatural about someone getting pissed about being rejected (surely you yourself have done this IRL—everyone does).

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Hmm...

:butthurt:

As Lacrymas has already explained, there’s nothing unnatural about someone getting pissed about being rejected (surely you yourself have done this IRL—everyone does).

Keep making that argument without playing the game, you surely know better than me right? But that still doesn't explain your escapade about Grindr and the dicks and making assumptions about others being fags, I think there's more to that, I truly want to help you, just be honest with yourself:lol:

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Kyl Von Kull seems more interested in defending the honor of a video game character than that of the esteemed dragonul09. I think this is just a case of misplaced priorities.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I didn't really mind having the possibility to fuck everyone with a pulse or not, it's your choice, but what truly pissed me off, was Anders giving me the stink eye for not fucking him in the ass, they literally gave me a negative reputation with him for turning him down, that was just sick.

Why? Can't he not be happy that you turned him down? Like some people in real life? Actually, a lot of people in real life get hurt or aggressive when you turn them down. I think he's the only companion to do that and the only companion to try to proposition you first. I don't think that's excessive or unrealistic, or somehow wrong and SJW. People irl proposition each other all the time and it's not always you who does it to other people, sometimes someone else does it to you. Unless no-one on this forum has been propositioned by another human being ever? That's pretty sad.
The fuck are you talking about? Nobody in real life is like "Do you want to fuck me now after you gave a bunch of gifts?",fucking eater happens or don't. I haven't seen a proposition outside of kinder garden. Nobody is going around asking women if they want to be his girlfriend. Most of the time the two of you get drunk,talk about pointless shit with a little bit of spice and then eater you get on or you just keep on drinking. Most people don't give a shit if they are turned down(mainly because they are drunk as pitons). Now breaking up is a different thing ;),that is some dangerous experience.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
DA2 doesn't have gift-giving, at least not the gamey one from DA:O. It's not like that at all in DA2.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The funny thing is that Anders isn't gay, he acts the same way towards a female PC as well.

On the old Bioware forum, Hepler confirmed that Anders's relationship with Karl is canon regardless of the PC's gender, but he only chooses to talk about it with a male Hawke.

On this subject, old posts of mine:

Unless you immediately end the conversation, you'll get locked into either flirting with him or gaining rivalry points.

There's nothing wrong with going full-rivalry with a character you don't like (or just taking a minor hit that you can more than make up for later).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yeah, he's canonically bi, like Isabella. Not sure about the other two clowns. Unless you mean his relationship with Karl he specifically chooses not to mention when the PC is female? And that that constitutes "different attitude"?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
DA2 doesn't have gift-giving, at least not the gamey one from DA:O. It's not like that at all in DA2.
I really liked the old DA:O gift giving in a way,they should have made it that you get bonus from gifts after you fucked or have become good friends,it is more realistic. Close people do like gifts,especially the women. People do like to be shown that they are remembered.

Andrwes was great character in DA:O and was decimated in the that vomit called Dragon age 2. It took me a few hours to notice that he is the same guy from the expansion. He was totally different guy with the same name. Must have come from a different dimension.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Keep making that argument without playing the game, you surely know better than me right? But that still doesn't explain your escapade about Grindr and the dicks and making assumptions about others being fags, I think there's more to that, I truly want to help you, just be honest with yourself:lol:
You do seem strangely obsessed with a bi-sexual man making advantages towards the group of pixels you control, and not handling rejection well.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It took me a few hours to notice that he is the same guy from the expansion. He was totally different guy with the same name. Must have come from a different dimension.

He was merged with a spirit, that can change a person. :M

Lacrymas

Arcane
I question the decision to be specifically Anders, especially since he can die in Awakening. There is little gained by it being him, I'd say it even detracts more than it adds. It shows that Anders only changed the way he did because of Justice inhabiting his body, which is very cheap. The game takes place over the span of 10 years, there was enough time for us to see how he gradually changes and makes more and more radical choices against the templars, rather than going "Justice did it!" and eventually blowing up the cathedral.

Not only did they fundamentally change his personality, but also retconned his stance on the mage vs templar thing from Awakening, citing that his rage against the templars is what warped Justice to Vengeance. Which doesn't make sense in the context of his character. The only explanation given was that Justice asked him why he doesn't care more for mages and he couldn't stop thinking about that. Which is weird because I doubt this is the first time he had heard such a thing. They could've spun it and said that Anders truly believes Justice to be the personification of justice and whatever he says is just by default. This wouldn't have been a difficult thing to do, as Anders is a Spirit Healer and would know a thing or two about spirits or at least holds them in high regard. Why he would care about such justice is another matter that would've needed elaboration.

Why is it Anders? And why is Justice in the middle of it? It could've been an entirely new character and nothing would've been lost.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It took me a few hours to notice that he is the same guy from the expansion. He was totally different guy with the same name. Must have come from a different dimension.

He was merged with a spirit, that can change a person. :M
Change a person,not make him gay,prison does that to men. He was totally different guy in the game,far badly written one.

Delterius

Arcane
Aggressive romance is NOT okay. Our PCs aren't public property. I downloaded 30GBs of mods to make my character pretty for xirself's benefit.

#meToo
I will find you, I will fuck you into submission, and you will feel pleasure.
Oh please. You couldn't fuck someone into submission at a 50 shades premiere. Meanwhile, I'm an expert in tranny warfare with over 300 confirmed AASs (Adam's Apple Spottings for you civillians) during Carnivals.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Change a person,not make him gay,prison does that to men. He was totally different guy in the game,far badly written one.

Gaider wrote Anders in Awakening and he said when he first saw him, he thought he looked pretty gay on account of the single earring. :M

Delterius

Arcane

Gaider wrote Anders in Awakening and he said when he first saw him, he thought he looked pretty gay on account of the single earring. :M

Gaider's gaydar :lol:
But! He also said Dorian was his first fully gay character. :M

BioWare's characters have so many layers.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Have a friend that looks super gay,he is a womanazer far right asshole that likes to drink like a pig. Looking gay doesn't make you gay. Andrews in the expansion was totally normal guy,in the second game he is an obnoxious whiner that wants to suck your cock,got rid of him very fast.

Sizzle

Arcane

Gaider's gaydar :lol:
But! He also said Dorian was his first fully gay character. :M

BioWare's characters have so many layers.

Who was his first semi-gay one? :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom