Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I think its funny the Russians still have to list if adventure and combat will be different modes. This reminds me of those rpgs that came out in the earlier part of this century I can't think of the names of - I think one was cop something. Decent games but being full non-stop TB is too annoying.
It works in roguelikes and blobbers, but yes when you have to move several characters independently it sucks.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
I think its funny the Russians still have to list if adventure and combat will be different modes. This reminds me of those rpgs that came out in the earlier part of this century I can't think of the names of - I think one was cop something. Decent games but being full non-stop TB is too annoying.

Probably Paradise Cracked series. It was cyberpunk. Sequel was High Town Police Department.

Russians do love turn-based combat and RPGs. Heroes of Might & Magic and Fallout were extremely popular there, thus you have a lot of games like that in Russia. Most are trash. Heroes clones/derivatives include Demiurgs 1-2, Disciples 3, Heroes 5. Fallout clones include Planet Alcatraz 1-2, MetalHeart - not so many of those cause obviously it's harder to make an RPG. Jagged Alliance clones include Silent Storm, Hammer & Sickle, Night Watch, Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge (yeah, really) and some others including Paradise Cracked.

Naturally, there much more unreleased ones. Many of those were Fallout clones as people with self-constraint often chose to work on something less ambitious.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Is Krai Mira worth playing?

I think so. It didn't have any systems I thought were bad, the story was okay, and the gameplay was decent. If you actually like rpgs and aren't some console retard that loves child games it is worth buying and playing.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Probably Paradise Cracked series. It was cyberpunk. Sequel was High Town Police Department.

Russians do love turn-based combat and RPGs. Heroes of Might & Magic and Fallout were extremely popular there, thus you have a lot of games like that in Russia. Most are trash. Heroes clones/derivatives include Demiurgs 1-2, Disciples 3, Heroes 5. Fallout clones include Planet Alcatraz 1-2, MetalHeart - not so many of those cause obviously it's harder to make an RPG. Jagged Alliance clones include Silent Storm, Hammer & Sickle, Night Watch, Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge (yeah, really) and some others including Paradise Cracked.

Naturally, there much more unreleased ones. Many of those were Fallout clones as people with self-constraint often chose to work on something less ambitious.

Besides the Heroes clones (which is a genre I have zero interest) I have all those games. Wasn't the company that made hired guns the same one that made Bridage e5 and Marauder? I don't remember that using the SS engine. I really wish Hammer & Sickle would go on steam or gog because all my physical games are packed away and too much of a hassle to get to. But I want to did that out along with POR:RoMD. Also Wizards & Warriors but the last time I tried it everything was so dark I couldn't see shit outside of towns. I wonder how it works in windows 10?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I think so. It didn't have any systems I thought were bad, the story was okay, and the gameplay was decent. If you actually like rpgs and aren't some console retard that loves child games it is worth buying and playing.

You’re the only person I’ve ever seen recommend Krai Mira and your recommendation here is pretty tepid.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

You’re the only person I’ve ever seen recommend Krai Mira and your recommendation here is pretty tepid.

It is an okay crpg. It is way better than all non-rpgs, all console games, and all jrpgs (redundant since I already listed console games). It isn't going to blow anyone's mind, but real rpg fans have no backlog and this game is a decent purchase. I don't regret it and enjoyed my time playing it far more than I did playing console filth like the Witchers or whatever shit this community jerks off over. But again, I am coming from an rpg perspective and not a general gaming perspective or the perspective of a retarded child.

It has decent chardev, decent combat, okay story, you build shit, do quests, kill shit, advance, rinse, repeat, all in a much better than non-rpg game way. Its cheap, has a decent length, and ass an added bonus disgusts the retards that run the narrative here and their Pyre, Pokeman, and console game sensibilities. It isn't pretty, but games don't have to be to be worth playing.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

It is an okay crpg. It is way better than all non-rpgs, all console games, and all jrpgs (redundant since I already listed console games). It isn't going to blow anyone's mind, but real rpg fans have no backlog and this game is a decent purchase. I don't regret it and enjoyed my time playing it far more than I did playing console filth like the Witchers or whatever shit this community jerks off over. But again, I am coming from an rpg perspective and not a general gaming perspective or the perspective of a retarded child.

It has decent chardev, decent combat, okay story, you build shit, do quests, kill shit, advance, rinse, repeat, all in a much better than non-rpg game way. Its cheap, has a decent length, and ass an added bonus disgusts the retards that run the narrative here and their Pyre, Pokeman, and console game sensibilities. It isn't pretty, but games don't have to be to be worth playing.

Be careful, Roqua. Some of us take you seriously because of your firm stance against pokeman.

Witness:

Mars WL and Technomancer aren't traditionally the types of games I like, but for some reason I liked them well enough to play them longer than most rpg lite games and wasn't left with a bigger ball of hate in the pit of my soul when I was done with them. Didn't these guys also make Aarklash legacy too? That game wasn't the best game, but is still the only RTwP game I ever played with actual good combat I not only enjoyed but found challenging too.

I trust these guys enough to buy what they put out.

Led me to purchase Spiders’ whole back catalog when it went on sale (admittedly, substance abuse also played a role). I found Mars WL okay, but then the substances ran out and I lost my taste for it. Still, I can’t say I regret the decision.

That said, Krai Mira costs a whole six dollars. Knowing the colossal sums of money involved, do you stand by your recommendation? If it’s actually decent, I will tell you the location of the only good dumpling place in the greater Boston metro area.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Be careful, Roqua. Some of us take you seriously because of your firm stance against pokeman.

Witness:

Mars WL and Technomancer aren't traditionally the types of games I like, but for some reason I liked them well enough to play them longer than most rpg lite games and wasn't left with a bigger ball of hate in the pit of my soul when I was done with them. Didn't these guys also make Aarklash legacy too? That game wasn't the best game, but is still the only RTwP game I ever played with actual good combat I not only enjoyed but found challenging too.

Led me to purchase Spiders’ whole back catalog when it went on sale (admittedly, substance abuse also played a role). I found Mars WL okay, but then the substances ran out and I lost my taste for it. Still, I can’t say I regret the decision.

That said, Krai Mira costs a whole six dollars. Knowing the colossal sums of money involved, do you stand by your recommendation? If it’s actually decent, I will tell you the location of the only good dumpling place in the greater Boston metro area.

I feel safe recommending it for $6 if you are looking for a real rpg to play and have nothing else. It isn't good, but it isn't bad either. And its more than decent from a systems perspective. If this were a movie I'd compare it to Krull, or maybe Time Bandits, or Ice Pirates. Definitely not good, but at the same time well worth your time.

And by dumpling do you mean as in Chinese food? Or chicken and dumplings? Maybe the correct translation for pirogues?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
I feel safe recommending it for $6 if you are looking for a real rpg to play and have nothing else. It isn't good, but it isn't bad either. And its more than decent from a systems perspective. If this were a movie I'd compare it to Krull, or maybe Time Bandits, or Ice Pirates. Definitely not good, but at the same time well worth your time.

And by dumpling do you mean as in Chinese food? Or chicken and dumplings? Maybe the correct translation for pirogues?

You had me at time bandits. Chinese dumplings.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

You had me at time bandits. Chinese dumplings.

Have you seen Ice Pirates? It is better than Time Bandits. This is a movie recommendation I feel 100% safe making to a fan of time bandits. Also, don't go into the game thinking you'll get a story as good (in a stupid way) as either.

Codex Year of the Donut

Witness:

Technomancer is worth playing. It got shit on in reviews but I found it pretty decent.

Codex Year of the Donut

Witness:

Technomancer is worth playing. It got shit on in reviews but I found it pretty decent.
apparently it's 75% off on Steam right now BTW.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I wonder how much I'm overreading the "tactical" word here. I tend to think that, at least eventually, controlling a party is more common than controlling a single character in so-called tactical RPGs, and I like controlling a party.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Chinese dumplings.

You haven't mentioned me wasting your money or giving you good advice. What did you think of it? Not good, but not bad either? Or further out on the pendulum?

I haven’t had time to play it yet—Kingdom Come is taking up all my eurojank attention.

But I will give you the benefit of the doubt: it’s Wang’s Fast Food out in Somerville. It’s kind of in the sticks, but the dumplings are amazing and you can buy frozen ones in 5-10 pound bags. The non dumping stuff wasn’t that memorable.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Chinese dumplings.

You haven't mentioned me wasting your money or giving you good advice. What did you think of it? Not good, but not bad either? Or further out on the pendulum?

I haven’t had time to play it yet—Kingdom Come is taking up all my eurojank attention.

But I will give you the benefit of the doubt: it’s Wang’s Fast Food out in Somerville. It’s kind of in the sticks, but the dumplings are amazing and you can buy frozen ones in 5-10 pound bags. The non dumping stuff wasn’t that memorable.

Thanks for the information. When I have to go into Boston I usually go no further than JP from the south, but Somerville isn't too far from there so I'll have to check it out.

Mustawd

Which part of "second most used setting in turn-based RPG" do you call bullshit?

The part where you didn't say the quoted piece? But let's check...

There is more to explore in any setting and it doesn't mean the game is wrong. But whatever you think about Bethesda games they're making the biggest postapocalyptic game out there. Plus there are a lot of action games like Metro or Mad Max or The Last of Us and so on. This setting is not that far behind high fantasy in being overused.

Nope, not talking about turn based there.

I'm talking about using setting in general. There are lot of movies and action games in postapocalyptic setting, probably more than fantasy. Of course there's much more high fantasy in RPG, but postapocalyptic setting is probably second place. Not historical setting, not modern setting, not sci-fi.

Also, not talking about turn based there.

So, not sure what you mean man... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I wonder how much I'm overreading the "tactical" word here. I tend to think that, at least eventually, controlling a party is more common than controlling a single character in so-called tactical RPGs, and I like controlling a party.

Well, unless Google Translate isn't deceiving me, it sounds like a single character with follower(s): https://vk.com/darkcrystalgames?w=wall-159180609_77_r82

Party members in our game will not be - the protagonist bears the burden alone. But allied followers will be: the player can not directly control them, but they can be interacted with and they will help.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Well, unless Google Translate isn't deceiving me, it sounds like a single character with follower(s): https://vk.com/darkcrystalgames?w=wall-159180609_77_r82

Party members in our game will not be - the protagonist bears the burden alone. But allied followers will be: the player can not directly control them, but they can be interacted with and they will help.
Yes, the translated statement is correct.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Blue/orange:

DYVPzwsX4AEDp1r.jpg

The link is incorrect, this is correct one: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGcUbYIJMihpiT19swT78g

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom