Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Divinity: Original Sin
Is New Colossus a SJW dream game?

It goes beyond that:

The only way this could be more third wave feminist is that if she was menstruating while doing the back flips.

Ho, let's not forget this classic as well:

This game was made by fucking mongolids. The SJW shit just makes it extra derpy.

WTF!

Dexter

Arcane
Guyz, there's a Wolfenstein 2 thread, ya'know?

The game is medieval arma 2 with more bugs and a story. Gamestar labelled it as the czech gothic, the game isnt for everyone and nowhere near perfect. What I would recommend is to wait at least a year before playing it, until then bugs will be fixed, most mechanics will be some kind of balanced and perhaps there will be some kind of a dlc to finish the story somekind of.
I wouldn't be surprised if Vavra puts out some sort of "Enhanced Edition" at some point.

Endgame reaaaaaaally drags toooo looooong and yes it's goddam cliffhanger, which is very, very strange, because do they actually believe they can pull off a trilogy or something after investing so much time and money into this game which is clearly never meant to be for everyone?
It was supposed to be a "Trilogy", if you look at the KickStarter you can see it was always intended to be three "Acts", the base game as released according to the devs now encompasses Act I+II though. It's up to Warhorse what they do with Act III, they can either build it up and sell it as an Expansion/Extended Edition or something or they can build a second game out of it with more budget and maybe take on the Hussite wars next.

The Official answer to this so far is: https://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1354868867715048116/
12) So how do the three Acts work? Will there be 3 separate games?
When we first started making KCD, we had planned on making 3 separate games. However, our first game got big pretty fast, so we decided to put the first 2 Acts together and then we plan on putting the 3rd Act into our sequel.

I don't think the finances will be much of an issue considering it sold 500k in its first two days and 1 million in its first week before any kind of Sales or Bundling, seeing as the entire production budget was somewhere between ~$10-15 million total.

Stop with the spoilers, god damn it!
Henry's father is a trebuchet.
There's strong hints and foreshadowing towards this conclusion in the very first Open World cutscene. :lol:

Last edited:

Shin

Cipher
My guess is that they'll split up the third act into 2 or more DLC's, ensuring some income while doing pre-production stuff for their next main project.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Probably first time I've genuinely thought quitting. Lost 4-6 hours worth of gameplay for some reason, all saves disappeared and reverted to some older save point.

:negative:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Probably first time I've genuinely thought quitting. Lost 4-6 hours worth of gameplay for some reason, all saves disappeared and reverted to some older save point.
Make sure you're logged into Steam. I seem to remember something similar happening due to cloud save not functioning in one game or another.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm a huge fan of The New Order and I have an everlasting hatred for The New Colossus. That should tell you something.
Anyone found the number of wayfarer encounters to be a bit quite low? On top of my head, we have: legitimate knight, wannabe knight, treasure map seller, book seller, riddler, probably missing 1 or 2 more. Ambushes also get samey after awhile. Probably dev toned them down so fast traveling wouldn't waste much time.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The translation is indeed weird, but I suspect the foreigners (ie the most people buying this) can't differentiate between Rattay and whatever random fantasy town name, so it does not matter. I just automatically translate it in my head when playing. Sassau my ass.

Yeah, watching streams and YT it really seems nobody gives a shit. Except most people can't wrap their heads around Wenceslaus, Przybyslawitz, Uzhits and Woyzeck. Wenceslaus is kindda oficial but I'd swap it for Wenzel. The rest should not be anywhere near the game, jesus christ.
Changing Wenceslaus would make no sense, it's like the one Czech name many people in the English-speaking world would know thanks to the Christmas carol. Maybe drop the "u" to match the carol.

has anyone else experienced stolen items turning into normal items randomly on reload?

I sold around 7k worth of...creatively acquired...goods thanks to this.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Make sure you're logged into Steam. I seem to remember something similar happening due to cloud save not functioning in one game or another.

I am logged to steam 24/7 so that shouldnt be an issue.

Codex Year of the Donut
has anyone else experienced stolen items turning into normal items randomly on reload?

I sold around 7k worth of...creatively acquired...goods thanks to this.
It seems an item being 'stolen' decays over time based on various properties probably related to value and maybe where it was stolen/who it was from.

KateMicucci

Arcane

It goes beyond that:

The only way this could be more third wave feminist is that if she was menstruating while doing the back flips.

Ho, let's not forget this classic as well:

This game was made by fucking mongolids. The SJW shit just makes it extra derpy.

This is *literally* the worst thing I've seen in video games in my entire life.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Wow...the
Night Raid is complete and utter garbage. How the fuck am I gonna carry Hans Capon when guards spawn right beside me and every hit means I drop the fucker to the ground?

Nevermind. The way to do it is to just re-equip your plate before entering the house and then retreat to your bed and fight with stabs only (because there is no space for swinging). Bow might help too. What a shitshow...Jesus!

Real shame. I thought the game was improving once I was done with the monastery (I "skip" it by infiltrating at night and murdering the guy. Never became a monk), but this last quest was beyond the pale. Don't try to tell me someone playtested this, there are TONS of threads on various forums complaining about the same problems that I've encountered.

Codex Year of the Donut
Wow...the
Night Raid is complete and utter garbage. How the fuck am I gonna carry Hans Capon when guards spawn right beside me and every hit means I drop the fucker to the ground?

Nevermind. The way to do it is to just re-equip your plate before entering the house and then retreat to your bed and fight with stabs only (because there is no space for swinging). Bow might help too. What a shitshow...Jesus!

Real shame. I thought the game was improving once I was done with the monastery (I "skip" it by infiltrating at night and murdering the guy. Never became a monk), but this last quest was beyond the pale. Don't try to tell me someone playtested this, there are TONS of threads on various forums complaining about the same problems that I've encountered.
I've quit playing until it gets a few patches tbh, nearly all the quests left in my log are bugged

It seems an item being 'stolen' decays over time based on various properties probably related to value and maybe where it was stolen/who it was from.
No, I mean they said they were stolen, then I reloaded and they weren't. Not a time or distance issue. The merchant refused me, I reloaded, went back to my chest, picked up the same items I did before and they weren't stolen anymore.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What happens to Henry's would-be-criminal friends from Skalitz? After I got the Cuman disguise the quest to actually do the raiding (where?) never showed up!

Also, has anyone said here already that polearms are OBVIOUS cut content? You can ask Bernard for training, but nothing happens. There is no Polearm skill either. Rushed development is rushed... =/

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Pc master race can mod both the save issues and patch some diversity in, pc master race is never screwed.
This means PC MASTER RACE screwed themselves when they added a person with black skin colorization but without actual black nose, into game that happened in ages when they called Greeks blacks.

Honestly I wonder why some people bother. I might view a mod that allowed to play as Joane as an attempt to allow player to play as a cute woman.

Once again, spot on analysis. If this game was made by anyone else, codex would be shitting all over it. It's crazy how retarded this game and everyone who likes it is, isn't it? It's like a 5 hour walking and fetching simulator got popular only because Vavra said some shit. Idiots should be playing DS instead.
I spend a fair number of posts shitting on it nearly the same as I shat on mass effect 4. After they would release month of patches, I'd have the same opinion as Distracted Elf.

However I remember only cvv acting like 14 years old in love with some geezer that adores everything he does.

I keep being a bit confused by the naming conventions in this game. (and the translation)

There are names that have direct equivalents like Henry (Jindřich), some have literal translations (Reeky/Smraďoch), but others use sort of German forms (??) in the English dub.
Like sir Radzig Kobyla - I guess his name doesn't actually translate to "Seagull" (=Racek), it's just a cognate maybe? I don't know the actual etymology of the historical guy's name. Anyway, it is spelled "Racek" in the Czech translation.

So if we were to be a bit cheeky, his full name is "sir Seagull Mare". (majestic!)
I actually wondered about this as well. I know from when I did noncomercial game development English can easily stomach foreign sounding names. (Some don't stomach non English voice acting, but when they have choice between native and English they are happy.) But names? It's no problem for them, it's not like they are forced to pronounce them.

Radzig is actually Polish stuff. But his ORIGINAL name isn't actually that strange, he could get it in Prague because these birds shat on Prague castle since year 850.
8Bnaef0.jpg

There is a proof.

Od nich získává zríceniny Cejchanova a jeho puvodní dominium vyšehradský purkrabí a konšel Racek Kobyla z Dvorce. Povolení k výstavbe hradu Veselé, vystavené Václavem IV. Rackovi nese datum 28. srpna 1412.
Purkrabí a konšel (burgrave and alderman). Killed by miners in 2. 2. 1416, along with 12 bodyguards, person who accompanied him to negotiations hidden himself and as only one survived. It's know he was favorite of Václav.

As for other names.
They definitely should go with Jindřich. And avoid unnecessary German variations, or translations. They had quite a bit of PhDs and other stuff as consultants, it's weird they not did better job than me. I know Prague and 1350 history mainly from when I tried to trace Black Death and other stuff to find when it got into it for real, and if czech population was actually intermix between old population from last outbreak in 700 too unwanted by other European population to lose the immunity. Moravians at that time with more Slovan genes were felling in droves, thus no Slovan imunity (not to mention Russian fell down like Serbians). It's actually quite hard to find stuff because records from two important months are missing.

I will say that bows on horseback are a definite exploit. Now, I wouldn't be saying that if enemies were smart enough to actually mount their own horses if they have them, but they can't/don't, so it's just overpowered.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I will say that bows on horseback are a definite exploit. Now, I wouldn't be saying that if enemies were smart enough to actually mount their own horses if they have them, but they can't/don't, so it's just overpowered.

I never saw a horse rider except in quests.

PrettyDeadman

What happens to Henry's would-be-criminal friends from Skalitz? After I got the Cuman disguise the quest to actually do the raiding (where?) never showed up!

Also, has anyone said here already that polearms are OBVIOUS cut content? You can ask Bernard for training, but nothing happens. There is no Polearm skill either. Rushed development is rushed... =/
There are skills with perks for both pplearms and shield. You can finda mod which enables them by switching 2 flags in game files.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

Even without reactivating the polearms skill via mod you can still train it up by using polearms, training against bernard and having him do the menu training thing. Or maybe they patched that out recently?
Skill was invisible but once I started using the polearms mod, you could see that the skill had actually already progressed to level 2 and then Bernard had trained it up to lvl 3 for me before I ever used the mod.

That being said, at least one of the polearm mods breaks polearms for the a.i. (they draw their sidearms instead).

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
WW2 wasn't inclusive enough (The Poles suffered the most under Nazi Germany - but they were white...)

So, make a setting where they conquered the entire planet, killing people of all skin colours. Now no one feels left out, especially Wakandan Americans, who haz been sufferingz.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Now that the dust has settled, I'm realizing that KCD only does a few things better than modded Skyrim.

The graphics are better. You have more horse-related options. Layered armor is nice. The combat COULD be really good if it's rejiggered.

But in a game about historical knights, where humans are the only enemies, there isn't even jousting.

Dexter

Arcane
I'm a huge fan of The New Order and I have an everlasting hatred for The New Colossus. That should tell you something.
Anyone found the number of wayfarer encounters to be a bit quite low? On top of my head, we have: legitimate knight, wannabe knight, treasure map seller, book seller, riddler, probably missing 1 or 2 more. Ambushes also get samey after awhile. Probably dev toned them down so fast traveling wouldn't waste much time.
People are speculating that Wayfarer encounters are turned off for the Talmberg horserace and the game never turns them on again.

Btw. it has been discovered that the game is not only racist, but also deliberately transphobic!
1519278679660ihuzh.jpg

1519278742653y1uow.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom