Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Nael

Arcane
Pissing off SJWs and libtards seems to be a sure fire way to make your game sell very well. :D

The thing is that what really matters most is positive social change - we need games that the average player will be able to relate to and that any player will have their understanding of the cultures of the world enriched by much more than we need games that stick as strictly as possible to so and so historical factoid. Especially with demographics now radically changing for the better in a lot of nations that historically had a disproportionate amount of whites within their populations in our world, I think it's really time to say that no longer do we need to have this disproportionate amount of whites appearing in the worlds we invent on top of that.

You have the NBA 2K games. That's enough.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Dang, and here Ive been postponing alchemy cause I thought it needs to be learnt first. Thanks!

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I continue to enjoy the hell out of this game.

I am playing Henry as a pretty dishonorable knight who is super good at picking locks, stealth kills, choking people, drinking (I have the True Slav perk), and punching people.

Yeah sure, I've done a few murders, but I've also killed a LOT of bandits.

I find the game to be substantially less janky than ANY Elder Scrolls game, but I know that's anecdotal at best. I actually like the crime system and it works as a model for the most part.

If you fail to stealth choke someone, and then knock them out with your fists, they WILL report you (through the world simulation it appears) unless you kill them. This goes for any other witnesses as well.

The world simulation seems to be legit - like an Elder Scrolls game. For example, when:

tracking down Timmy, the oafish bandit wannabe, you meet 4 other bandits looking for him as well.
You can speech three of them into journeying to Ratay and they will actually go there, hang out for a day or so, and then leave to come back. I know this because I went to Ratay, found them there, and then proceeded to pick them off one by one on the journey back.

For an open world game with emergent systems, this first effort is absolutely amazing.

Some of my favorite things so far:
I really enjoy the "social" stealth, and I hope I can do more of it later.

A completely random moment in Ratay when some bandit was wearing guard armor and he murdered a peasant and ran away. The guards chased, I followed, some more named peasants and traders died, then I caught him and killed him. I have no idea what caused this to happen, or if it was a bug, but it was awesome.

Another favorite moment is when early in the game a wayfarer knight, decked out in Nuremberg plate, challenged me (wearing cloth and a dull sword) to a "friendly" duel. After he trounced me, I picked myself up and choked that son of a bitch out. I took his armor, killed him, and now people call me "Good Knight" - which is the farthest thing from what I am.

Anyway, I keep playing and streaming it, and I think it's one of the best games I've played in quite some time.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyway, I keep playing and streaming it, and I think it's one of the best games I've played in quite some time.

100% agree. I’m incredibly glad it’s sold well enough that we’ll probably get a big budget sequel. Really hope they give us access to parts of Prague or even a smaller sized city in the next one.

I tried to resist robbing the wayfarer knights for a good chunk of the game, but now that I can beat them I invariably either choke them out or just kill them for their stuff. If you beat them, they sometimes come back and challenge you again.

Keep on keepin’ on!

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
I've been thinking about 'limited saves' aspect.
It *does* make the game more fun in the long run (CTDs notwithstanding), but they really dropped the ball on implementation.
'Saviour schnapps'? Fucking really? It is DUMB and there is no denying that.
Saves in KCD actually aren't limited at all. You can brew saviour schnapps by the barrel and the ingredients can be found in abundance, so you can essentially save as much as you want and it costs nothing. The developers just decided to punish the player until he figures that out, which is indeed pretty dumb.

It's not punishing, it's how they artifcially lengthen the game, a lot of the ''features'' are pretty basic and fluff worthy, far cry from the ''hardcore'' some folks yell around here. The game would be hilariously short if they didn't had this kind of padding.

Once again, spot on analysis. If this game was made by anyone else, codex would be shitting all over it. It's crazy how retarded this game and everyone who likes it is, isn't it? It's like a 5 hour walking and fetching simulator got popular only because Vavra said some shit. Idiots should be playing DS instead.

Cromwell

Arcane
It should be in the book next to alchemist table by default, look at it and press E to read it closer. But the recipe should be wine, nettles in the pot, boil one hourglass turn, grind up 2 Belladonna and boil 2 hourglass turns and finish. Surf Solar

you dont need hourglass turns. Just put the nettle in pull the cord wait until he pulls his arm back do that 3 times, 2 times belladonna in the mortar, grind, put in pot, pull the cord three times again , use flask.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
In Dragon Quest the only place you can save is a church.. it's also the only place to see how much EXP you currently have.

People have been playing and loving DQ since 1986, so why are people ass-blasted about KCD's much more generous save system?
DQ allow save while quitting, and never crash, While KC can waste hours of gameplay , you could get stuck in the landscape , die from falling or get stuck in a tree and waste hours . To be fair DQ is also boring as fuck and not a model of gaming to follow....
Don't console version of KCD allow going into sleep mode and continue later? If yes then only PC master race is screwed up.

Brancaleone

Liturgist

And with this level of sales, it's positively shitting all over the official reviews (as of now it has a 68 Metascore).

urmwyv.jpg

dunno where you got 68
xixzww.jpg

Worth noting that apart from dos2 and cuphead, the rest of the user scores above kcd have an n of sub three digits.

Sorry Elex, there's eurojank and there's eurogemk...

I quoted the wrong Metascore (it was of the PS4 version), my bad.

Santander02

Arcane
Pissing off SJWs and libtards seems to be a sure fire way to make your game sell very well. :D

The thing is that what really matters most is positive social change - we need games that the average player will be able to relate to and that any player will have their understanding of the cultures of the world enriched by much more than we need games that stick as strictly as possible to so and so historical factoid. Especially with demographics now radically changing for the better in a lot of nations that historically had a disproportionate amount of whites within their populations in our world, I think it's really time to say that no longer do we need to have this disproportionate amount of whites appearing in the worlds we invent on top of that.

We need a :fry: or :notsureifserious: button

Mortmal

Arcane
In Dragon Quest the only place you can save is a church.. it's also the only place to see how much EXP you currently have.

People have been playing and loving DQ since 1986, so why are people ass-blasted about KCD's much more generous save system?
DQ allow save while quitting, and never crash, While KC can waste hours of gameplay , you could get stuck in the landscape , die from falling or get stuck in a tree and waste hours . To be fair DQ is also boring as fuck and not a model of gaming to follow....
Don't console version of KCD allow going into sleep mode and continue later? If yes then only PC master race is screwed up.
Pc master race can mod both the save issues and patch some diversity in, pc master race is never screwed.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Once again, spot on analysis. If this game was made by anyone else, codex would be shitting all over it. It's crazy how retarded this game and everyone who likes it is, isn't it? It's like a 5 hour walking and fetching simulator got popular only because Vavra said some shit. Idiots should be playing DS instead.

I call bullshit. Sure, there are a lot of dopey posts where people preen about the political controversy. But this game was highly anticipated well before any of that happened. And justly so. Frankly, I think Vavra’s political views are kind of retarded and his beard makes him look like a douchebag, but the artist is not the art.

As for what you’re whining about: you don’t have to do the vast majority of the fetch tasks. There’s no XP in this game so nobody’s forcing you to do fetch quests. The open world is only 16 square miles (or is it 16 square kilometers??). Either way, too small for a hiking simulator.

It’s a storyfag game with good gameplay. Despite its flaws, combat is better than anything in, say, TW3, which was codex GOTY when it came out. It’s basically medieval mafia + dueling simulator. For an action RPG that represents :incline:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Good thing we can rely on journalists being terrible at games and never even finishing prologue and getting bored in few hours, rest instead of searching for mauretanians in Bohemia they would get their claws on relationship of two particularly interesting men in the end of the game...

Oh I finished the game btw. Will replay it in a year if they add quests and fix stuff, I will play as all lightly armored and rob people and only use longsword. Who knows maybe they will balance it so combat would be fun in the end?

Endgame reaaaaaaally drags toooo looooong and yes it's goddam cliffhanger, which is very, very strange, because do they actually believe they can pull off a trilogy or something after investing so much time and money into this game which is clearly never meant to be for everyone?

"We're going adventuring into Europ!" is fantastic premise for KCD II but... will we ever see it? And how will it look like? Will they fix combat, and will they drop the cutscene linear narrative in favor of more RPG approach? Game suffers a lot from "you need to do X, and here are ways you can do it:" instead of how old RPGs did it which was "you need to do X."

Last edited:

Beowulf

Arcane
Good thing we can rely on journalists being terrible at games and never even finishing prologue and getting bored in few hours, rest instead of searching for mauretanians in Bohemia they would get their claws on two relationship of two particularly interesting men in the end of the game...

Stop with the spoilers, god damn it!

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
It *does* make the game more fun in the long run (CTDs notwithstanding), but they really dropped the ball on implementation.
Saves in KCD actually aren't limited at all. You can brew saviour schnapps by the barrel and the ingredients can be found in abundance, so you can essentially save as much as you want and it costs nothing. The developers just decided to punish the player until he figures that out, which is indeed pretty dumb.

It's not punishing, it's how they artifcially lengthen the game, a lot of the ''features'' are pretty basic and fluff worthy, far cry from the ''hardcore'' some folks yell around here. The game would be hilariously short if they didn't had this kind of padding.

Sarcasm aside, you are pretty much on point, even if you are a casual hypocrite fag.

Codex Year of the Donut
Good thing we can rely on journalists being terrible at games and never even finishing prologue and getting bored in few hours, rest instead of searching for mauretanians in Bohemia they would get their claws on relationship of two particularly interesting men in the end of the game...

Oh I finished the game btw. Will replay it in a year if they add quests and fix stuff, I will play as all lightly armored and rob people and only use longsword. Who knows maybe they will balance it so combat would be fun in the end?

Endgame reaaaaaaally drags toooo looooong and yes it's goddam cliffhanger, which is very, very strange, because do they actually believe they can pull off a trilogy or something after investing so much time and money into this game which is clearly never meant to be for everyone?

"We're going adventuring into Europ!" is fantastic premise for KCD II but... will we ever see it? And how will it look like? Will they fix combat, and will they drop the cutscene linear narrative in favor of more RPG approach? Game suffers a lot from "you need to do X, and here are ways you can do it:" instead of how old RPGs did it which was "you need to do X."
It's a cliffhanger because they ran out of funding. Vávra in a Czech interview said the game already paid for its development as of the 15th and now they're going to work on content that was intended to be part of the game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

It's a cliffhanger because they ran out of funding. Vávra in a Czech interview said the game already paid for its development as of the 15th and now they're going to work on content that was intended to be part of the game.

Actually the game was originally planned as a trilogy but during the development they probably realized first act would be too short so they welded the first two acts together. I'm guessing the third will be an expansion now. Although Vavra said they can't afford making monster expansions like Blood and Wine so we'll see.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron

Sarcasm aside, you are pretty much on point, even if you are a casual hypocrite fag.

I'm not sure what sarcasm you're talking about, but I'm glad you agree with me. Your videos were eye opening.

Codex Year of the Donut

Actually the game was originally planned as a trilogy but during the development they probably realized first act would be too short so they welded the first two acts together. I'm guessing the third will be an expansion now. Although Vavra said they can't afford making monster expansions like Blood and Wine so we'll see.
Are the Witcher 3 expansions worth playing?

Deleted member 7219

They said it was going to be a trilogy back in the Kickstarter days. Base level backers were only getting Part 1 of the game.

I paid £15 which was an absolute steal considering what people are paying now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom