Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
There are shrines everywhere. Would be nice if we could save there by making an offering and praying.

Balor

Arcane
You only really need 1 save to savescum.

Yea, 'savescumming' is a concept that does not make any sense outside of roguelike games with one save that gets deleted as you die.
Obsessively saving IS a problem (for me, at least), and some system to remove incentives to save too much are indeed welcome, just not THAT heavy-handed ones.

Volken

Scholar
There are shrines everywhere. Would be nice if we could save there by making an offering and praying.

Praying? Man... game already forces to you play a white heterosexual male. If you add the Christian tag the internets would collapse. People would whine that they have to pray to save the game and it's against their moral code.

imweasel

I've been thinking about 'limited saves' aspect.
It *does* make the game more fun in the long run (CTDs notwithstanding), but they really dropped the ball on implementation.
'Saviour schnapps'? Fucking really? It is DUMB and there is no denying that.
Saves in KCD actually aren't limited at all. You can brew saviour schnapps by the barrel and the ingredients can be found in abundance, so you can essentially save as much as you want and it costs nothing. The developers just decided to punish the player until he figures that out, which is indeed pretty dumb.

Balor

Arcane
People would whine that they have to pray to save the game and it's against their moral code.

All the more juicy butthurt to boost the games sales even further, lol. And besides, what kind of audience it is supposed to alienate? Atheists? I'm an atheist and I think this is a great idea. Fundamentalist muslims? :lol: Even if you get them to play the game, drinking is taboo for them as well.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I've been thinking about 'limited saves' aspect.
It *does* make the game more fun in the long run (CTDs notwithstanding), but they really dropped the ball on implementation.
'Saviour schnapps'? Fucking really? It is DUMB and there is no denying that.
Saves in KCD actually aren't limited at all. You can brew saviour schnapps by the barrel and the ingredients can be found in abundance, so you can essentially save as much as you want and it costs nothing. The developers just decided to punish the player until he figures that out, which is indeed pretty dumb.

It's not punishing, it's how they artifcially lengthen the game, a lot of the ''features'' are pretty basic and fluff worthy, far cry from the ''hardcore'' some folks yell around here. The game would be hilariously short if they didn't had this kind of padding.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Funny thing is that Martin Klima, producer and co-founder of the studio (he owns it together with Vavra and the private investor) outright said in czech post-release interview that they consider this whole shitshow about blacks in Bohemia good marketing and that many people found out about KCD thanks to it. :lol:

May I ask, many "good" people. SJW are not people who buy games, they just want to see a world ruled by naggers, womyn and queers.

That's one thing I really like about Vavra. The SJW threaten to boycott his game if he does not ruin it with retarded content and it's as if he would say "ok, then go fuck yourself"

imweasel

Praying? Man... game already forces to you play a white heterosexual male. If you add the Christian tag the internets would collapse. People would whine that they have to pray to save the game and it's against their moral code.
The left only despises our own culture, so you could fix that by making Henry a Muslim. Give him a little blanket, a Quran and show the direction to Mecca on the compass. Problem solved. They would be praying all day.

Chrio

Novice
So Ive finished the prologue now (that 5 hours of herb collecting was perhaps a bit too much), wandered to a camp someone posted were a chest is with full plate armor and endgame weapons, destroyed Hans and ready now to continue my adventure.

Silva

Arcane
So Ive finished the prologue now (that 5 hours of herb collecting was perhaps a bit too much), wandered to a camp someone posted were a chest is with full plate armor and endgame weapons, destroyed Hans and ready now to continue my adventure.
So you spoiled the game on your own by picking endgame weapons by following another member tip to make the experience easy? Lemme guess: next you'll come back here saying the game is popamole 6/10.

:hmmm:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So you spoiled the game on your own by picking endgame weapons by following another member tip to make the experience easy? Lemme guess: next you'll come back here saying the game is popamole 6/10.

Fallout 1 all over again.

Chrio

Novice

:hmmm:

Na, will restart anyway, have to lay it at rest for a month due to rl.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
Funny thing is that Martin Klima, producer and co-founder of the studio (he owns it together with Vavra and the private investor) outright said in czech post-release interview that they consider this whole shitshow about blacks in Bohemia good marketing and that many people found out about KCD thanks to it. :lol:

May I ask, many "good" people. SJW are not people who buy games, they just want to see a world ruled by naggers, womyn and queers.

That's one thing I really like about Vavra. The SJW threaten to boycott his game if he does not ruin it with retarded content and it's as if he would say "ok, then go fuck yourself"

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/134

mod fixed it.

Elex

Arbiter
btw i’m the only one that realized blacksmith dad is the best swordman in the entite game?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

mod fixed it.

:bounce: Great that I finally have the option to play as a Soul brother!!

There are already the first ideas for his dialogs

Volken

Scholar

mod fixed it.

Black skin and blue eyes. He looks like recently unearthed Cheese Man - Britain's Oldest Ancestor. :shittydog: There is a huge chance that Bohemians, just like Brits, were in fact black and Vávra is wrong. :dance:

But why?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
This game needs to make up it's mind whether i'm in control of Henry or not. He keeps mouthing off to Hans and getting into stupid fights.

Henry is already established as a good boy in the main story and many times talks without your input, you can't control him like Shepherd in ME, the only time you have some leeway in terms of controling his attitude is in side-quests. The main story in terms of choices is pretty much like ''---_----------"

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So...yesterday I spent like 2 hours in the arena sparring with Captain Bro (because the MQ is fucking boring and I'm having a hard time finding ppl to kill). Here are some things I learned that you guys may not know:

- There is a dedicated "cancel attack" button: E. Press "E" after holding LMB and you'll go back to the initial position
- It's also possible to feint with stabs
- There are at least 3 different "won a clinch" animations. One is triggered by spamming F (kick), one by LMB and another by RMB. With the 2 handed sword, RMB seems to be the best option since it stuns the opponent much longer than Henry. Block and E don't do anything while clinching
- You can parry and even master stroke while holding LMB/RMB
- Overhead strikes seem to have the longest lunge distance. So clinch + overhead is a pretty easy way to deal dmg consistently
- Best way to master stroke is to pay attention to the ENEMY, not the green shield thingie. Sometimes you can MS without even seeing the green icon.
- Combos are chained by pressing the next button as soon as your first attack connect. Sounds simple, but it isn't. If you hear that infamous "wooosh" sound, forget about it. Combos are interrupted by perfect blocks, master strokes, dodges and simply missing. Regular blocks do not interrupt a combo. That works both ways!
- Sparring has no limit. I reached Sword 20 yesterday with Bernard. Lame, but it is what it is.
- Last hit of a combo is unavoidable so if you're chaining attacks then you might as well go for a combo. By that same logic, shorter combos are better than longer ones.
- Stab, Upper Left, Lower Right (Sword) makes your opponent fall to the ground. Very useful.
- Warfare is even more important than weapon skill and it improves by improving the later, so make sure to train everything. Including fists. Specially fists, actually, since fist fighting doesn't do any serious dmg to your armor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom