Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
lol @ jenkem my soul brother he says in 2 sentences what i type out in an barely coherent splooge of hypomanic typing

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
it's kind of silly to argue about the game mechanics from the beta which is already out of date when the game will receive tons of sawyer modifications even well after release.

best to judge it on the release build once it's available me thinks
It is not too late in the process for Obsidian to make changes before release. For example, next patch will bring a variety of general talents. Plus, casters needed to be tweaked before live hits.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
As it stands PoE2's systems look extremely flawed. A lot of ideas that are good on paper to fix the apparent problems but with terrible execution that exacerbates those problems more than it helps while also bloating up the systems.

I like how the 'Lead System Designer' left the project pretty quickly as well. Looks like someone might be hard to cooperate with on that front.

Ulfhednar

Savant
They haven't really changed much since the initial release, just added new features and played with penetration %s a bit... There hasn't been any major mechanics changes since the first beta dropped. I figure Obsidian will drop one more beta update with mechanics changes that reflect their take on the feedback they've gotten to date, and then immediately turn all their attention to Apr 3.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
- portraits are out. 3d garbage heads are in. Why ?

??

0lXGwfG.png

(come on, somebody use them :P )

Sentinel

Arcane
tolkien_wallpaper__the_children_of_hurin_by_mcnealy-d5mwawc.jpg

There's a codex potrait that is similar to this one. Bubbles had it and one guy in some thread had it too but infinitron deleted his shit before I could ask him.
What game is it from?

Brancaleone

Liturgist
As it stands PoE2's systems look extremely flawed. A lot of ideas that are good on paper to fix the apparent problems but with terrible execution that exacerbates those problems more than it helps while also bloating up the systems.

I like how the 'Lead System Designer' left the project pretty quickly as well. Looks like someone might be hard to cooperate with on that front.
Who was the Lead System Designer who left?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

The Pathfinder guy, he moved to Leonard and Tim's project I think. Probably a good idea since his 'Lead' title on PoE2 was very obviously undermined from day1

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You know what that reply about PEN reminds me of ? The difference between 12 and 13 Strength in AD&D :lol: The hypocrisy.

Not quite a valid comparison - one of those things is a character build choice you only get one chance at, the other is an attribute of weapons and spells that you can switch at will.

Fry

Arcane

The Pathfinder guy, he moved to Leonard and Tim's project I think. Probably a good idea since his 'Lead' title on PoE2 was very obviously undermined from day1

Bobby Null?

Where did you hear he left?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
No no, Bobby Null is the Lead Designer, not the Lead Systems Designer. He hasn't gone anywhere.

He's talking about Dave Williams.

Fry

Arcane
Oh, meh.

The Boyarsky project likely took priority, and he was somewhat redundant on Deadfire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom