Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I got to a point where I'm thinking of stopping...at least for now. And not because of bugs, but because the game became pretty...boring? I'm at the
"Infiltrate the monastery to kill some dude for the bandits you're infiltrating"
part of the main quest and DAMN I can barely remember the last time I had to actually engage in a serious fight with ANYONE. Bandit termination quests are all done and every single quest in my log isn't really about combat so I'm just walking around trying to find stuff to do. I'm not getting any more random encounters in my travels (bug?) and I'd rather "poach" some Cumans, but they're nowhere to be found.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of guards patrolling the streets in their underwear, especially in Talmberg.
I have a screenshot of the German Knight entering Skalitz mines in his undies, p. hilarious but I have to get home to post it.
Anyway...u guys found out where to continue the Fist Fight activity? After Rattay it just say "More fights" but the only place I managed to fight was during the MQ in
Sassau, with the fight club.

That's exactly where I gave up too, at the Monestary, the way the game kept sending you to talk to A-B-C-D, it felt like I was playing a Telltale game with open world features, literally no action for hours after ridiculous amounts of cutscenes and padding from village to village.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
is Lady Stephanie really that old? I mean she is probably like 30 and isn't even a roastie
too-old.jpg

thr

Novice
Holy shit so Eurogamer went full-retard. It's beyond what even Polygon or Kotaku write. This fools directly accuses not just Vavra, but the entire game of bigotry and sexism:

All of which means that a shadow lingers over Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Instead of challenging the Dark Age it reinterprets 615 years later, the game seems to delight in it. Instead of seeing notes in the margin of a history book, we get what feels like a glossy pamphlet advertising an escape into an oddly romanticised past.

http://archive.is/XI9zq

Funny thing is that Martin Klima, producer and co-founder of the studio (he owns it together with Vavra and the private investor) outright said in czech post-release interview that they consider this whole shitshow about blacks in Bohemia good marketing and that many people found out about KCD thanks to it. :lol:

Parabalus

Arcane
Question on the Neuhof horse race quest:

So does anyone know whether not getting a saddle as a reward even though your quest giver mentions one is intended or not? I only get a bit of money.

I didn't get a saddle, but what I didn't check is if the best saddle (Noble, 4 bags) was available beforehand. Seemed likely to be locked behind that quest to me.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
It depends on how your graphics are. Also:

lol wut?

she is married to a nobleman, probably at a young age as a virgin
she mentions she can't have kids so yes she has fucked/been raped by ser divish
but her yearning for sex shows she and her husband probably stopped when it found out she couldnt bear children
so divish goes to teh whorehouse and she sits at home waiting for young skalitz cock

not a roastie

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Holy shit that debate on Eurogamer Facebook.

Jamie Cartwright I identify as a non-gender, non-sexual, non-race individual so shouldn't I get this game?
Eurogamer You should get this game if you identify as someone who enjoys dull games

Steve Turner Eurogamer staffed by soy boys now ? Shame as they've always been a reputable source for gaming in the past. This reeks of the virtue signalling now rampant across these pages now looking to hit all the inclusive check points and earn a cookie. Don't berate a game for trying to be true to its source in order to be a "good boy"
Eurogamer It just tastes better in our tea, Steve

Marek Hrib sour taste my ass !!!
Eurogamer You should have that looked at!

What the fuck is going on at that outlet? :lol: Eurogamer staff elevating the debate to the heavenly levels of Codex. Have they completely lost their soy addled minds?

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
What the fuck is going on at that outlet? :lol: Eurogamer staff elevating the debate to the heavenly levels of Codex. Have they completely lost their soy addled minds?

I wish, seeing them calling their users fags, cucks and popamole casuals would be glorious.

Shin

Cipher
if you could get a refund for everything that was co-produced/designed/advertised/shipped/sold by at least one person who you don't agree with politically, then that'd be a whole lot of refunds for a whole lot of shit

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
There have been numerous undisputable masterpieces in RPG gaming, such as the strikingly realistic classic Gothic or its medieval counterpart Mount and Blade. Kingdom Come: Deliverance will not join their ranks; its surface is too generic, its presentation too provocative and its messages too obscure. Its take on the abysmal is an illumination in one person’s despair, but a paroxysm of another’s perversion. It will remain underground – treasured by the most avant-garde among intellectuals for its edifying if horrifying insight into the fundaments of human morality. Philistines and self-proclaimed critics alike will shun Kingdom Come, but you can’t fault them for that. It takes wisdom to appreciate its subtleties, and courage to side with the unpopular opinion. Sed domi maneas paresque nobis novem continuas fututiones.

Superficially, Kingdom Come appears to be a game which caters to the most proletarian among men; aloof critics dismiss it as such often without a second thought. As complacent as these self-proclaimed "understanders of history" are, they fail to realize that Kingdom Come is a cult classic, a chef d'oeuvrea buried under false preconceptions and unfounded criticism. This gem is hidden because it does not shine; it is buried because its tone is that of abyssal black. Kingdom Come pries into to the darkest corners of our subconscious, the most visceral of our cognition, the most carnal of our urges, and the most primal of our instincts.

As brilliantly put by Cattalus, "Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo"; to describe the artistic qualia of Kingdom Come would be to describe music to the deaf, color to the blind or beauty to the philistine. The painting speaks for itself, and it is up to the player to fully absorb its depth. Its sublimity will ever be debated yet always remain objectively irrefutable; the fundamental insight it provides into human and perhaps animalistic nature may shape the basis of RPG gaming for centuries to come.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom