Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why are bulgarians so fucking retarded? I understand that you were heavily breeded mutts between Turks and heavenly know what other creatures, but there shouldn't be an excuse to act like that in this day and age. Is that distant gene of fucking goats trying to get out and you can't contain it?

A gypsy making fun of bulgarians :retarded:
Gypsies_cover.jpg

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
He's already explained everything to you, I don't know why you have to keep insisting. Seems like you just want to wear full plate mail and run around all the time and still carry 100kg of extra stuff?

I mean, the game isn't super hard to necessitate it, and the whole point of the design is that sometimes you wear nice clothes, sometimes you strip down to sneak, sometimes you dress as a cuman, sometimes you go full gear. That's the kind of gameplay it's supposed to have, which isn't exactly 'hyper realistic simulator'.
If they wanted me to keep my armor stored elsewhere when I wasn't planning on doing combat (which is retarded considering you will be vastly overpowered by random attacks on the road and badly damaged by single strikes) they shouldn't even have the mule perk in the first place, with the mule perk I CAN carry everything and then some and store 200kg loot on my horse, so I have always worn my full set of armor since I am always prepared for anything with it. I've found stealth rather pointless so far aside from some forced quests.

Tigranes

Arcane
So... you specifically wanted a heavily armoured playstyle, and so you took mule perks and built your character towards enabling this playstyle. Isn't that just fine?

Gambeson v Chain weight is such a minor quibble, considering how you can easily be very well armoured while not wearing gambesons if you choose, and there are still situations where, e.g. players who don't don full plate, gambesons represent good weight/protection value proposition. It's not really badly balanced.

Given the larger, real problems like the way armour protection scales or the ease with which you can loot full sets of armour, I really don't know why any of this is any kind of a deal.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
So... you specifically wanted a heavily armoured playstyle, and so you took mule perks and built your character towards enabling this playstyle. Isn't that just fine?
Actually, I didn't. I wanted to build a light dodge shortsword build but after I found out how fast cloth gets destroyed and how little damage it prevents, I reconsidered as I intended to take mule perks anyway for loot.

Also: this game is getting more broken. These dialogues with wayfarers especially, with the people pinning murders on me I can do all 3 dialogue skill checks successfuly and I get no response with any of them, then Henry does the automatic final option, then it acts as if I didn't pass the checks. The wayfaring knights no longer respond to me if I talk to them, Henry just says "We've met before, haven't we?" and nothing else happens. It's like the game is asking me to knock them out and store their armor in my magic chest.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Why are bulgarians so fucking retarded? I understand that you were heavily breeded mutts between Turks and heavenly know what other creatures, but there shouldn't be an excuse to act like that in this day and age. Is that distant gene of fucking goats trying to get out and you can't contain it?

A gypsy making fun of bulgarians :retarded:
Gypsies_cover.jpg

You do know that the Bulgarians have around 600k turks descendants( probably around a mil) and around 400k gypsies of their own, that comes from a small country of 7 milions, which makes them complete mutts in my eyes. All Eastern European countries have their own population of gypsies, half a mil in Romania included from a population of 20 mils, which is still a big problem.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He's already explained everything to you, I don't know why you have to keep insisting. Seems like you just want to wear full plate mail and run around all the time and still carry 100kg of extra stuff?

I mean, the game isn't super hard to necessitate it, and the whole point of the design is that sometimes you wear nice clothes, sometimes you strip down to sneak, sometimes you dress as a cuman, sometimes you go full gear. That's the kind of gameplay it's supposed to have, which isn't exactly 'hyper realistic simulator'.
If they wanted me to keep my armor stored elsewhere when I wasn't planning on doing combat (which is retarded considering you will be vastly overpowered by random attacks on the road and badly damaged by single strikes) they shouldn't even have the mule perk in the first place, with the mule perk I CAN carry everything and then some and store 200kg loot on my horse, so I have always worn my full set of armor since I am always prepared for anything with it. I've found stealth rather pointless so far aside from some forced quests.

So what you are saying is that it is perfectly fine. You have a risk reward system in which you can decide between wearing plate or being able to carry more stuff/ be more sneaky. AND you have the option to disable the decision making by taking the mule perks. What more could you ask for?

Also sneaking is very useful and opens up a totally new play style. Sneaking around camps naked and murdering everyone only with your dagger is incredibly satisfying.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
But they even managed to fuck up the basic action of putting a dagger in someone's throat by putting it behind a perk. For what purpose would they do that? Not only do you need to buy or loot a specific weapon with only one usage for this, you need to spend a perk point for something so simple (and useless, since you can also just knock them out and stab them with your sword but not with the hold E prompt, since that causes noise for some fucking reason) The stealth is okay for a open world ARPG but I don't really see any reason to spend time with it since it rarely is a valuable use of time as compared to just rushing in with my sword. This game has a lot of asinine decisions in general. Why does waiting 1 hour take far longer in real time than waiting 12 hours and canceling it mid wait when it hits the time I wanted it to be in the first place?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Gypsies_cover.jpg

You do know that the Bulgarians have around 600k turks descendants( probably around a mil) and around 400k gypsies of their own, that comes from a small country of 7 milions, which makes them complete mutts in my eyes. All Eastern European countries have their own population of gypsies, half a mil in Romania included from a population of 20 mils, which is still a big problem.

Spain 1 million out of 40.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So had a patch to download today before I started playing. After that my performance took around 10 FPS hit and now during night times the light is flickering all around like it tries to induce some sort of seizure. Anyone else had this?

Brozef

Savant
Patron
But they even managed to fuck up the basic action of putting a dagger in someone's throat by putting it behind a perk. For what purpose would they do that? Not only do you need to buy or loot a specific weapon with only one usage for this, you need to spend a perk point for something so simple (and useless, since you can also just knock them out and stab them with your sword but not with the hold E prompt, since that causes noise for some fucking reason) The stealth is okay for a open world ARPG but I don't really see any reason to spend time with it since it rarely is a valuable use of time as compared to just rushing in with my sword. This game has a lot of asinine decisions in general. Why does waiting 1 hour take far longer in real time than waiting 12 hours and canceling it mid wait when it hits the time I wanted it to be in the first place?

Well it is just to encourage specializing a bit. You have to invest in stealth and sacrifice something else. At least in the beginning in the end you inevitably become the king of everything anyways. Would you rather you could do everything from the start?

And the time thing is annoying, but I think the slowdown is just to mask the loading times. If you cancel out you get a short loading screen which makes up the difference iirc

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Gypsies_cover.jpg

Spain had their own gitanos long before they were swarmed by the eastern european ones, the thing with gypsies is that almost every european country had them but sadly a lot of them stopped at the eastern borders, heavens know why, cause we sure didn't like them, especially during the Antonescu era.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Well it is just to encourage specializing a bit. You have to invest in stealth and sacrifice something else. At least in the beginning in the end you inevitably become the king of everything anyways. Would you rather you could do everything from the start?
No, I'd just much rather have such a basic thing that you require something that has no other purpose at all and can be done with other methods be accessible from the start, rather than require a point.

And the time thing is annoying, but I think the slowdown is just to mask the loading times. If you cancel out you get a short loading screen which makes up the difference iirc
I'd rather just have a loading screen since it doesn't feel anywhere near as deceptive or pointless.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Sure, no doubt, but in gameplay terms this is total shit since you expect the low level gambeson to be lighter than iron chains.
Pound for pound, metal makes better armor than cloth. That's why good armor is made of metal. A gambeson isn't just a winter coat, it's many layers of heavy cloth thick. In RPGs we are used to cloth and leather being "light" armor when in reality light amounts of inferior material would hardly be armor at all.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Well main problem with gypsies is they are calling themselves gypsies when it has some profit for them. For example slovakia had "officially" 100000+ Gypsie population. But the problem was A LOT of gypsies simply didn't called themselves gypsies in poll, thus... The real gypsy population is likely 250000 - 500000.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
No, I'd just much rather have such a basic thing that you require something that has no other purpose at all and can be done with other methods be accessible from the start, rather than require a point.

I don't mind at all. There are few enough RPG mechanics to begin with and you gotta put your perks somewhere. Even from the simulation aspect, it makes sense that a peasant isn't the perfect silent killer from the get go. They could have given you the option to try but with a high probability of failure, but then people would only get more butthurt.

I'd rather just have a loading screen since it doesn't feel anywhere near as deceptive or pointless.

Yeah, ok. I don't care either way. What I find more annoying is that there is no way to tell when you finished repairing a weapon on the grindstone. The tutorial even says it is done when it is shiny, but apparently they forgot to implement a visual cue :argh:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It's done when it's done. There's a visual cue in the sense that there's some inperfections you can see on the edge but that's it. With high enough maintenance you can just quickly glide it over 2 times and it's 100% most of the time, or very high at around 95-99. Good way to make money too, just loot any weapons that are worth enough that you come across, grind them out and sell them.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Gypsies_cover.jpg

Spain had their own gitanos long before they were swarmed by the eastern european ones, the thing with gypsies is that almost every european country had them but sadly a lot of them stopped at the eastern borders, heavens know why, cause we sure didn't like them, especially during the Antonescu era.

Gitanos in a medieval game would actually be a very interesting topic. From what I know the term comes from "Egiptano", because they came from Egypt and carried some oriental culture. That must be why they became part of the national culture, not outcasts like for example in Slovakia (they do have the typical traits though, like taking single every metal nail they can get)

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I have a very mixed feelings about side quests but it might be a broader issue so I'll start from start.

Im thieving a lot. Not sure if you are aware but merchant stock is lootable as long as you find the stash. Basically I start the game with awesome equipment that I cant wear. My stash is full of it so eah lvlup in STR/DEX i can grab new thing.
Also more money than I can spend.

At the beginning I was happy with open world and started grinding them skills. It was quite interesting to have mini game for each but it became boring by the time I became average in each.

Then there are side quests. They dont give xp. They might give you some pocket money... which is trivial even if I didnt steal everything. They might give you item which you are likely to be unable to wear.
Im aware that some can advance your skills but... they seem rare.
As such there is no reward besides enjoyment of the story. For that reason I skip those that give me fedex vibes and I might miss some interesting bits. So far in this game Im not feeling my usual completionist urges.

Another matter: I tend to do usual sneak archer. As such my sword is low. It is annoying if after cutscene I end up with sword in hand. It makes sense only in few cases, one of which was fight with that big bald guy who stole your sword
I was unable to beat him. He seemed 2x faster than me. To be able to win I ended up switching to my bow and shooting strongest poisoned arrow right in his face. Barely managed to pull it of considering that he charges at you. 2nd arrow to the face finished him
I do enjoy archery a lot. Will I have problem later when enemies start having full face helmets?

No a single problem, especially if you are going to play it like me

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I do enjoy archery a lot. Will I have problem later when enemies start having full face helmets?
Not if you have piercing arrows but they're OP as fuck in general.
In other news: more broken shit. I speaking to Karl yields nothing in the Poverty, Chastity and Obedience quest and Henry just says that it's excellent since he wanted to speak to him, nothing else though.
edit: turns out it only works if you talk to him at daylight, another asinine decision I would guess.

I got mobbed by 3 bandits at once while trying to capture some nightingales in the forest and hunting some hares, I fought for awhile but they were kicking my ass and I had to run away. This was at level 7 and I had pretty shit gear with little sword training. I didn't want to abuse some faulty AI routine by backpedaling and glitching terrain to abuse bows - instead I played Henry's role - he was overwhelmed by bandits, without much experience and ill equipped, so he had to run. I also didn't rob the Rattay armoury because they took me in and it wouldn't be decent - the Bailiff provided me with some initial gear and I'm using that until I can find something better legitimately or afford my own better armour and weapons. I just now bought a better longsword with all my money which I hope will prove useful next time I fight those same bandits.

Why does everything have to be a powergaming shitfest to some people? You know, you can always replay Skyrim for the 125th time and feel awesome killing dragons at level 1.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Gypsies_cover.jpg

Gitanos in a medieval game would actually be a very interesting topic. From what I know the term comes from "Egiptano", because they came from Egypt and carried some oriental culture. That must be why they became part of the national culture, not outcasts like for example in Slovakia (they do have the typical traits though, like taking single every metal nail they can get)

O I've been to Spain, they have the same intolerable attitude and characteristic as our gyspies, everyone is weary of them, especially that many of them are notorious in southern Spain for stealing from plantations and selling everything at the market the next day. I don't know what makes them so intolerable but they will never fit with the ''core'' population of the country, no matter where they come from ,they have their own costums.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I've also been a bit confused by people calling Henry "Hal".

Apparently:

Prince Hal is the standard term used in literary criticism to refer to Shakespeare's portrayal of the young Henry V

Not a native speaker, so I can't say how common it is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom