Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Chrio

Novice
fall of Constantinople for exemple
Ancient glorious Constantinople would be a setting to end all RPG settings. And SJWs couldn't do anything about it, because it was a boiling pot of cultures.

I'd like to see something in the renaissance as well... Suits look so much cooler than the earlier stuff imo.

4226817397_17d2cf4df6_z.jpg

15-AB-Lee-Armour-960.jpg

165167_2848770.jpg

You could play as a mercenary or something, Landsknecht for example. Work your way up from unarmored pikedweeb to chad greatswordsman.

Would need a better take on the combat system though, and be more centered around it. Doing fetch quests for ancient noblewomen in exchange for sex is fine and all, but come on...

Holy, thats the proper tool to deus vult.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I just remembered that there are niggers in the game. Why are people whining so much?
441.png

In which cave did you find him?

How much chicken wings were needed to lure him out?
They were even two mate. You have to do the quest about witches in Uzhitz ,it is given by the priest. The fuckers interrupted my hoarse fucking:argh:. Beat the crap out of them with my 20 hand to hand,after that i shoved their axes in their heads!

PrettyDeadman

Aussie fps enthusiast review:

He reviewed Moonman mod for doom in the past.

Geckabor

Savant
Question on the Neuhof horse race quest:

So does anyone know whether not getting a saddle as a reward even though your quest giver mentions one is intended or not? I only get a bit of money.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Don't mind dragonul, you can see he is enjoying the game more than any of us. I mean, I like KCD, but I don't like it enough to create a gazillion videos about it.

Just played the scouting the base quest. Tried to sneak around and do sabotage,it was too much of a hassle because of how dark the nights are,in the end decided to kill everyone. It was quite the fun battle,cutting down cuman scum left and right. After that i finished the quest with a happy grin only to find out that the next one auto failed.:argh:

Raise the gamma just slightly.
Well at least he is a prominent youtuber unlike the rest of us,the poor peasants.:lol: Maybe i should subscribe to him,i will be his first fan.
Screenshot_2018_2_20_Untitled_project.png

Also i noticed that the mods decided to troll me by giving him the edge tag:dealwithit:

Thanks for the gamma advice mate.

Why are bulgarians so fucking retarded? I understand that you were heavily breeded mutts between Turks and heavenly know what other creatures, but there shouldn't be an excuse to act like that in this day and age. Is that distant gene of fucking goats trying to get out and you can't contain it?

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Question on the Neuhof horse race quest:

So does anyone know whether not getting a saddle as a reward even though your quest giver mentions one is intended or not? I only get a bit of money.
Hmm. Haven't done that one, but have you checked your horse's inventory if its own saddle got swapped or something?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I really hate how fast armor degrades in this game. It's worse than Oblivion, I get in a fistfight and my gambeson is 20% and my chainmail is 60, it's insane.

imweasel

I really hate how fast armor degrades in this game. It's worse than Oblivion, I get in a fistfight and my gambeson is 20% and my chainmail is 60, it's insane.
Get better armor. Shitty armor degrades very fast.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Lol yeah, my gambeson disintegrates if someone so much as punches my breastplate wtf.
I could understand this if all you wear is a gambeson and a shirt, or if you only have mail over that and someone pokes you a bunch, but come on.

On the other hand, my pants have apparently become immortal. Plate greaves absorb everything that hits my legs, I guess? Of course, the armor design of the time left plenty of space between the sternum and the shoulders free of plate, so I guess they're hitting us there...

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
It's that durability stat which determines how fast stuff degrades, it seems. The more durability the slower the item's condition goes down. Plus I suppose enemy damage also does it's part.
But you can't get high durability for clothing iirc. Even the best of it degrades super-fast.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The first/quickiest armor piece that degrades is outer layer armor. So until they break your plate leggins, your pants won't degrade, obviously. OTOH your outer clothing like leather vest over cuirass would be shredded always and fastest. But repairing that is cheaper than repairing your milanese cuirass under vest. If your cuirass is very stronk though you can remove outer clothing and only repair it instead.

Also if you have plate boots you don't need cobbler's kit ever.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I'm carrying a Saxon Gambeson, Long Noble Hauberk and Light Lamellar Armor on my chest, all of these are average-good tier and although I have better I prefer keeping my armor relatively light.
By the way, this reminds me, how the fuck are leather jerkins almost as heavy as fucking breastplates? The weight makes no sense, gambesons (literally just padded cloth) are almost as heavy as chainmail, it's totally fucked.

Shadenuat

Arcane
gambesons (literally just padded cloth) are almost as heavy as chainmail
Depending on size and padding of gambeson it can weight 10+ kg IRL. (although that's the most ridiculous example which I held in my hands, it was padded with I don't remember what, not animal hair, I think with tow or some other sort of heavy fibre; hoho when it gets wet that's even worse).

Anyway with Mule III & good STR you will have 80-100 free weight easily while wearing full plate.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Sure, no doubt, but in gameplay terms this is total shit since you expect the low level gambeson to be lighter than iron chains.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well armor system is layers so you can wear whatever amount of weight you want. Chain is not that heavier than heaviest gambeson really. So just wear one of them, until your STR is good to wear both.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Anyway, I think ring armor should have been around 14-16kg and gambesons at around 4-8kg, it would be more sensible in gameplay.
I have mule 2 at the moment, with a full set of armor I only have 20-30kg left in storage.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Anyway, I think ring armor should have been around 14-16kg
That's about third heavier than chain mail really is tbh.

I have mule 2 at the moment, with a full set of armor I only have 20-30kg left in storage.
Well, why wear it all the time? Wear it only before fights. Store on your horse.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
That's about third heavier than chain mail really is tbh.
How heavy is real chainmail then, 10, 12kg? And again, gameplay terms. This isn't a hyper realistic simulator, you'd just expect the cloth to be considerably lighter than the iron rings.
Well, why wear it all the time? Wear it only before fights. Store on your horse.
Because it's cumbersome and and annoying.

Tigranes

Arcane
He's already explained everything to you, I don't know why you have to keep insisting. Seems like you just want to wear full plate mail and run around all the time and still carry 100kg of extra stuff?

I mean, the game isn't super hard to necessitate it, and the whole point of the design is that sometimes you wear nice clothes, sometimes you strip down to sneak, sometimes you dress as a cuman, sometimes you go full gear. That's the kind of gameplay it's supposed to have, which isn't exactly 'hyper realistic simulator'.

Geckabor

Savant
Hmm. Haven't done that one, but have you checked your horse's inventory if its own saddle got swapped or something?

Yes I have, so either the dialogue was poorly chosen or it's just a bug. A new patch has just come up on steam so I wonder if it has been fixed now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom