Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Beowulf

Arcane
Which can be aquired very early in the game by killing the wayfare knight or steal from the armory without any hassle and doesn't require any stats to equip it, what do you want me to do it, not wear it and pretend it never happened? If they didn't want me to be a walking panzer at early-mid game they should have put level/stat requirement on better items and call it a day, but they clearly dont know how to create an open world game.

They started making games with level scaled loot and enemies because of people like you.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Which can be aquired very early in the game by killing the wayfare knight or steal from the armory without any hassle and doesn't require any stats to equip it, what do you want me to do it, not wear it and pretend it never happened? If they didn't want me to be a walking panzer at early-mid game they should have put level/stat requirement on better items and call it a day, but they clearly dont know how to create an open world game.
I'll admit the item balance is pretty broken, something that's really strange is that weapons have strength/agility requirements while armor doesn't, they should have limited plate armor with training or defence skill.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I just remembered that there are niggers in the game. Why are people whining so much?
441.png

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

They started making games with level scaled loot and enemies because of people like you.

Even it's not level scaled loot, Henry shouldn't be adapting to fully plated armor and weapons so fast, he's the Terminator of medieval ages, learns too quickly and in 15 hours you can kill every NPC in the world without taking any damage. Reality has it's perks but you are still playing a game, and games should challenge you, otherwise go buy a VR and simulate yourself to death there.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'll admit the item balance is pretty broken, something that's really strange is that weapons have strength/agility requirements while armor doesn't, they should have limited plate armor with training or defence skill.

They really needed to make stamina levels more dynamic, and then have prohibitive stamina requirements for the full set of super heavy armour, providing big shifts in how you fight.

Beowulf

Arcane

Even it's not level scaled loot, Henry shouldn't be adapting to fully plated armor and weapons so fast, he's the Terminator of medieval ages, learns too quickly and in 15 hours you can kill every NPC in the world without taking any damage. Reality has it's perks but you are still playing a game, and games should challenge you, otherwise go buy a VR and simulate yourself to death there.

In that aspect I agree, the progression is quite quick. At least the weapons damage curve is not as steep in W3.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Don't mind dragonul, you can see he is enjoying the game more than any of us. I mean, I like KCD, but I don't like it enough to create a gazillion videos about it.

Just played the scouting the base quest. Tried to sneak around and do sabotage,it was too much of a hassle because of how dark the nights are,in the end decided to kill everyone. It was quite the fun battle,cutting down cuman scum left and right. After that i finished the quest with a happy grin only to find out that the next one auto failed.:argh:

Raise the gamma just slightly.
Well at least he is a prominent youtuber unlike the rest of us,the poor peasants.:lol: Maybe i should subscribe to him,i will be his first fan.
Screenshot_2018_2_20_Untitled_project.png

Also i noticed that the mods decided to troll me by giving him the edge tag:dealwithit:

Thanks for the gamma advice mate.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

You are kinda right here, progression should be a bit slower.

Chrio

Novice
Don't mind dragonul, you can see he is enjoying the game more than any of us. I mean, I like KCD, but I don't like it enough to create a gazillion videos about it.

Just played the scouting the base quest. Tried to sneak around and do sabotage,it was too much of a hassle because of how dark the nights are,in the end decided to kill everyone. It was quite the fun battle,cutting down cuman scum left and right. After that i finished the quest with a happy grin only to find out that the next one auto failed.:argh:

Well at least he is a prominent youtuber unlike the rest of us,the poor peasants.:lol: Maybe i should subscribe to him,i will be his first fan.

Also i noticed that the mods decided to troll me by giving him the edge tag:dealwithit:

Dont the fuck fiddle around with your gamma setting, theres a bug were you have to reinstall your game because the game uses system gamma and you cant reverse it.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
>game is unplayable for up to a YEAR after release
the absolute STATE of popamolers
It's unplayable? Wow, I must have missed that information, because I've been playing it since the 14th.

Edit: There are individual retards such as Dragonul, who can't play it but that's not a common problem.

I present you, Kingdome Come Delivery with a touch of Oblivion, it's like they had an inbreed spawn but without any positives, just all the defects :lol: .

But Dragonul09, you were cheating with a bow, melee is a much more complex and mechanical intensive combat system, you are just exploiting this beautiful piece of programming waonderlust. Just look at that proactive AI, the very definition of Hardcore:lol:, but you can complete fetch quests in multiple ways:lol:

woah, with full plate armor and the best weapons in the game going against weak shit bandits you stomp all over them
couldn't believe it myself.

Shh, he spent 30 hours training and gearing up so he could do it with melee, let him have his moment. And don't mention he is using the save mod and took 25 tries do do it.

Seriously though, his stamina never drops more than 30 percent. There is no doubt that the AI could use some patching. Should the player be completely overpowered if outnumbered? Doesn't make for much fun.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
First, I bought the game even without modern computer that it could be played on.
I saw it first-hand, it looks very good. I'm not a great fan of real-time combat, but historical details are wonderful. I love Darklands, though, so it was a game after my own heart.

Second, I really hope that Vavra and others will not descend into cuckery.

Third, I can imagine truly rare sight - nigger in Bohemia. Castrated by muslims slave that is now sold by Jews. :M

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

Celerity you need to step up your game.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
fall of Constantinople for exemple
Ancient glorious Constantinople would be a setting to end all RPG settings. And SJWs couldn't do anything about it, because it was a boiling pot of cultures.

I'd like to see something in the renaissance as well... Suits look so much cooler than the earlier stuff imo.

4226817397_17d2cf4df6_z.jpg

15-AB-Lee-Armour-960.jpg

165167_2848770.jpg

hb_39.121.jpg

Henry_VIII_armor_by_Matthew_Bisanz.JPG

1271771935_276821c751_b.jpg

hb_32.130.6.jpg

You could play as a mercenary or something, Landsknecht for example. Work your way up from unarmored pikedweeb to chad greatswordsman.

Would need a better take on the combat system though, and be more centered around it. Doing fetch quests for ancient noblewomen in exchange for sex is fine and all, but come on...

Edit: Added a bunch more suits in the spoilers.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
I played a few hours more, looked around Rattay, completed some of the main story quests and sidequests available there, robbed some houses, took on some brigands and I absolutely love the game so far, it gets a lot better after the Railroady Tutorial is over and one gets to the Open World. Loved the Training bit with Captain Bernard and the rivalry hitting off between Henry and Hans. Love how absolutely great some of the landscapes around the town looks, how it oozes atmosphere and how much attention to detail they paid and the little touches, not only to the graphical parts but some of the AI routines of guards running around checking suspicious people, or even the lords of the city stopping by a small church for prayer to even small stuff like hearing echo while talking to NPCs in the big church.

kingdomcome2018-02-20qau1r.jpg

kingdomcome2018-02-20g5u16.jpg

kingdomcome2018-02-20yaup2.jpg

kingdomcome2018-02-20chu25.jpg

kingdomcome2018-02-203pu2g.jpg

kingdomcome2018-02-20etury.jpg

kingdomcome2018-02-203iu19.jpg

kingdomcome2018-02-201huu9.jpg

kingdomcome2018-02-20lsue7.jpg

kingdomcome2018-02-20mqu3j.jpg

kingdomcome2018-02-20u7uoz.jpg

Absolute Kudos to the Leveldesigners for this game, Ashen Skalitz was already emotive, but this is great. Can't imagine how some of this stuff would look in VR. :lol:

I haven't really encountered any further big bugs so far, other than finding out that while SLI was passable during the Tutorial, I absolutely can't play with it on in its current state in the Open World portion, since these are the results:

but Hal start training with litterally Syrio Forel plus Henry is extremely motivated.
Why do people call him "Hal" in Rattay in the beginning? That kinda confused me.

Eurogamer has reach a new level of "WTF am i reading"
They should include one black guy when Henry finally gets to Prague or some bigger city in the sequel in an absolutely exaggerated manner like Sir Roderick in Jade Empire:

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
>game is unplayable for up to a YEAR after release
the absolute STATE of popamolers
It's unplayable? Wow, I must have missed that information, because I've been playing it since the 14th.

Edit: There are individual retards such as Dragonul, who can't play it but that's not a common problem.

I present you, Kingdome Come Delivery with a touch of Oblivion, it's like they had an inbreed spawn but without any positives, just all the defects :lol: .

But Dragonul09, you were cheating with a bow, melee is a much more complex and mechanical intensive combat system, you are just exploiting this beautiful piece of programming waonderlust. Just look at that proactive AI, the very definition of Hardcore:lol:, but you can complete fetch quests in multiple ways:lol:

woah, with full plate armor and the best weapons in the game going against weak shit bandits you stomp all over them
couldn't believe it myself.

Shh, he spent 30 hours training and gearing up so he could do it with melee, let him have his moment. And don't mention he is using the save mod and took 25 tries do do it.

Seriously though, his stamina never drops more than 30 percent. There is no doubt that the AI could use some patching. Should the player be completely overpowered if outnumbered? Doesn't make for much fun.

Not really, I deleted the game around 25 hours after I killed every NPC in the world, what was the point of fetching things for peasants that rewarded me with a dumb cutscene, when I could just beat the shit out of them. There's no incentitive to do anything when you are walking Churchill infrantry tank. The game is too easy and Henry being able to learn everything so fast is the biggest mistake they did and this will cost them in the long run.

And I agree with you, the AI is garbage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom